Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 12 Nov 2009 (Thursday) 21:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Football Poster

mgrover
212 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 12, 2009 21:43 |  #1

Here is a poster I have been working on. I have 14 of these I need to make for the local high school team. C&C welcome.

IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2686/4099165143_88c16c751d_b.jpg

Marc Grover
Grover Images
GEAR: Canon 5D & 7D, Canon 85mm f1.8, Canon 70-200mm f2.8, Canon 400mm f2.8, 580EX II, and other stuff

sponsored links
slikscott
72 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Nov 13, 2009 07:48 |  #2

Love it! What software did you use?

Scott O. Amateur Photography

mgrover
THREAD ­ STARTER
212 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 13, 2009 09:47 |  #3

Thanks! It was all done in Photoshop CS3.

Marc Grover
Grover Images
GEAR: Canon 5D & 7D, Canon 85mm f1.8, Canon 70-200mm f2.8, Canon 400mm f2.8, 580EX II, and other stuff

Calhoun
45 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Nov 13, 2009 10:46 |  #4

The immediate response for me was "that's cool", so what follows may be nitpicking. Whatever picture you used for a background outside the oval has completely dissappeared except for some headless bodies in the lower left and some weird shapes floating around the "rays" coming out of the oval. Also the 2 celebratory pictures with the upraised football seem too similar to use so close together. I do really like the overall layout though, enough that I'll add it to my folder of "examples" that I go to for inspiration.

mgrover
THREAD ­ STARTER
212 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 14, 2009 13:16 as a reply to  @ Calhoun's post |  #5

Here is an updated version...

IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2443/4103829646_bb2fd545bc_b.jpg

Marc Grover
Grover Images

TaylorT
221 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 14, 2009 15:29 |  #6

Ahhh posters are my specialty. I've taken two classes on stuff like this (desktop publishing).
Like someone posted my first response is 'wow'. You've got the shots, there's no doubt about that. The font you chose matches well with the font of the numbers so there's some nice coherence there. The updated version looks ten times better. The only things I would fix:
the background photo. I would've done just the field without players on it to play off of the boarder but if you don't have something like that, what you have works fine.
I would make the number 5 bigger in the right hand corner and if not, just leave it out or move it because it's not doing much just hanging around by itself
I would go back into PS and change the one where hes in all black with his arms up to match the white balance of the rest of the players. He's looking a bit green there.
and if your boarder didn't come with those little lines of light that comes off the oval, I would just get rid of those. they aren't doing very much for the photo.

Otherwise though, this is pulled together very nicely!

7D w/ Grip, 5D Mark III, 70-200 f/2.8II, 24-105 f/4, 85mm f/1.8, 50mm f/1.4

sponsored links

2,851 views & 0 likes for this thread
Football Poster
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.