Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 15 Nov 2009 (Sunday) 18:08
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Is this an E-bay scam?

nprdavid
977 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Nov 15, 2009 18:08 |  #1

Saw this (external link) while looking for a 70-200

seller states:

attn: I'm currently out of state, and the lens will only be shipped Dec. 4th. Shipping is free and will be UPS express.

the feedback is not current so I have no idea what they have been selling.

just find it odd that they list while out of town and won't ship for two weeks.

maybe something for everyone to think of.

Hoosier Daddy
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
runninmann
what the heck do I know?
8,156 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Nov 15, 2009 18:22 |  #2

Ask for pictures the actual lens being sold.

My Gear

nprdavid
THREAD ­ STARTER
977 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Nov 15, 2009 18:31 |  #3

I really don't want to take any chances. this is not a such a deal as you see them on here for that price or less every now and again.

I would rather buy here than on ebay

I just wanted to point this out.

Hoosier Daddy
Flickr (external link)

iof
428 posts
Joined Mar 2004

Nov 15, 2009 18:32 |  #4

If you're not comfortable with this deal, don't take it. I wouldn't take the risk!

Ron.
5D,20D, D60, Elan 7, Canon stuff from the 70's, Pentax stuff from the 60's, other stuff.

nprdavid
THREAD ­ STARTER
977 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Nov 15, 2009 18:48 |  #5

yeah, I decided not to do it. I just was thinking more of a public service announcement.

Hoosier Daddy
Flickr (external link)

byeehaaw
70 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Nov 16, 2009 13:46 |  #6

if you want to make sure he actually has the product ask for pictures with a post it with his name in the picture of the item. prolly best not to risk it

tvphotog
Cream of the Crop
6,093 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 16, 2009 22:08 |  #7

Buy here on the Selling forum. I don't take a chance on flea Bay on items over $10.

Jay
Ireland in Word and Image (external link) Jay Ben Images (external link)5D IV | 5DS/R | Powershot S100 | 24-105L | 100-400 IIL | 16-35 f/2.8 IIL | 24 T/S f /3.5L II | 17 T/S f/4L | 50mm f/1.2L | 35mm f/1.4L | 70-200 f/2.8L II | 580 EX II | 600 EX-RT | Feisol 3441T/Markins Q3T lever QR | Gitzo 3542L Markins Qi20 BV-22 | Gitzo 5561T RRS MH-02

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 16, 2009 22:35 |  #8

Feedback of 20 (none for selling since June of last year) and location is Brooklyn. I wouldn't go near this deal. With a little patience this lens can be had for $550, just not worth the risk IMO for a few dollars.

Flickr (external link)

elipkin
375 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Nov 18, 2009 20:32 |  #9

Well, while I take offense of the "located in Brooklyn" comment (living there myself), I would not do the deal myself either. It seems to be a new scam spread especially on craigs list. You contact the seller and the are all out of town visiting their Mom, so you can not check the item.

Eugene
Gallery (external link)
Model Mayhem (external link)

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 18, 2009 20:50 |  #10

elipkin wrote in post #9040450 (external link)
Well, while I take offense of the "located in Brooklyn" comment (living there myself), I would not do the deal myself either. It seems to be a new scam spread especially on craigs list. You contact the seller and the are all out of town visiting their Mom, so you can not check the item.

No offense but there is a very good reason it's known as Crooklyn. :lol:

Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

919 views & 0 likes for this thread
Is this an E-bay scam?
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.