Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 07 Oct 2009 (Wednesday) 12:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

General Wedding Somewhat less Chit-Chatty of Late (Everyone's gotten busy) Thread (6)

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,092 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Nov 15, 2009 18:10 |  #496

Good luck with that bike thing, Mo. It's worth it. My sons are faster than I am by a lot already.

I just ate a huge bowl of guacamole as well.:)

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, SONY a7iii, 7D2, G12, M100, M50, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children and grandchildren are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

sponsored links
SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,092 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Nov 16, 2009 07:29 |  #497

Morning! Monday, still Redskins beat the Broncos in a very decisively good performance? Has the world gone upside down or what? :)

My children and grandchildren are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

JimAskew
Cream of the Crop
7,424 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Nov 16, 2009 08:37 |  #498

Maureen Souza wrote in post #9020632 (external link)
Good day, all. I just finished making a whalloping bowl of guacamole and will put on my Mexican rice in a few minutes. My niece is moving to Sicily next week and we are giving her a potluck send off.

Baby Nick also came for the afternoon so mommy could spend time helping Aaron learn to ride a bicycle. Ever since he had a little crash last year, he has been too scared to get on a bike with training wheels. But the Training wheels are off and hopefully, he will be riding by this afternoon :)

SuzyView wrote in post #9023463 (external link)
Morning! Monday, still Redskins beat the Broncos in a very decisively good performance? Has the world gone upside down or what? :)

Bicycle training...how fun! That will keep you young.

Guacamole...yum! My favorite dip!

Suzie, I hate to tell you but that wasn't the Redskins you saw yesterday...it was a bunch of strangers wearing Redskin uniforms ;)

Jim -- I keep the Leica D-Lux 7 in the Glove Box just in case!
7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L, Leica D-Lux 7

SoaringUSAEagle
Daddy Of The Crop
10,812 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Nov 16, 2009 10:16 as a reply to  @ JimAskew's post |  #499

Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Natalie and I started our Christmas shopping... woo.

Bootsie wrote in post #9003856 (external link)
I bought a 50D!!! I am very nervous, but very excited!

So the 20D is still for sale, I think that I am going to wait on the 17-55 unless I find a great deal.

Way to go Brooke! I hope it treats you well. My 5D2 is in CA right now being cleaned and checked as a courtesy of CPS. I have two coupons I can use, and since my next paid gig isnt until next month, then we're good to go. I am going to take photos of Jacob as soon as I get it back. We bought him some holiday clothing that is super cute - train themed, of course Tom!

And while I am thinking about it Tom, since you're a train guy... where is a good place to buy a train to put under the Christmas tree? I've seen quite a few over the weekend but I want to make sure I am buying a good train and not overpaying.

5D3 | 35L | 50 1.4 | 85L II | 135L | 24-70L II | 70-200 2.8L IS II

Bootsie
"Dang! I am a loser"
3,243 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jul 2007

Nov 16, 2009 11:08 |  #500

SoaringUSAEagle wrote in post #9024174 (external link)
Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Natalie and I started our Christmas shopping... woo.

Way to go Brooke! I hope it treats you well. My 5D2 is in CA right now being cleaned and checked as a courtesy of CPS. I have two coupons I can use, and since my next paid gig isnt until next month, then we're good to go. I am going to take photos of Jacob as soon as I get it back. We bought him some holiday clothing that is super cute - train themed, of course Tom!

And while I am thinking about it Tom, since you're a train guy... where is a good place to buy a train to put under the Christmas tree? I've seen quite a few over the weekend but I want to make sure I am buying a good train and not overpaying.

Thanks Jeff I am very excited! Although I am still really hoping he gets it shipped today because I have a family shoot Saturday and I don't want to postpone it again, although it is supposed to snow again, so we'll see haha.

We need to see shots of Jacob in these new clothes, it has been a while since you ahve posted any.

I am shipping off the 20D today, so I won't have a camera for the next few days, that is not a feeling that I like!

PS everyone I posted some shots from my last family shoot here so take a look and tell me what you think!

{Brooke}
Canon 50D Gripped| 85 1.8| 100 2.8 macro| 17-85 IS| 50 1.8| 70-200 F4 L IS!!
---My Gallery--- (external link) ~My Blog~ (external link) **All My Gear**

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,217 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Nov 16, 2009 12:40 |  #501

I hate having insomnia.....I didn't sleep a minute last night and in an hour, I am taking the boys until 3:30. Should be interesting "C'mon guys, everybody down for a nap!" ;)

I am more than half done with my Christmas shopping. 90% is for the kids.....not really getting anything for the adults. We all have enough:)

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

Kendoway
Cropped and Creamed
3,793 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Nov 16, 2009 12:43 |  #502

JimAskew wrote in post #9019286 (external link)
Chris,

I tried the LR Beta for a month and just couldn't get into using it. I have been using PSCS2 for two years now and I am very happy with it. My main tools are Levels, Curves, Contrast, and Hue/Saturation, and USM. My Nephew is a graphics artist for a major Advertising Firm in Atlanta and a grad of the Atlanta Art Institure. He taught me the basics of PSCS Photo editing.

I also have a ton of wedding actions that do B&W, Antique, and Sepia conversions.

Good Luck with LR2...I understand it is a super digital photo tool if you can get it under control.

I feel pretty much the same Jim - and have had pre-canned actions and batch processing as part my CS3 usage for years. It's hard to break the habit, so I completely empathize.

What really set the hook in me for LightRoom 2 was watching someone ELSE (a photography friend here in Charlottesville) use the program. I'm not much of a manual reader, but if I can watch someone else use the program (or at least the highlights) I can pick it up pretty quickly. What I really like is the non-destructive nature of the program - as you aren't really editing the images, but copies (or ghosts if you prefer). It keeps the file handling easy.

I've still got lots to learn, but Tony Long's thread "Show Us Your RAW Conversions, BEFORE And AFTER" has been immensely helpful:

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=684360

Cheers, Chris :)

☼ Christian D.
"Ask someone who’s running out of a burning home what they’ll grab. Nine times out of 10, it’s the photo album".
- Scott Bourne
Website (external link)
| FaceBook (external link)

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,092 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Nov 16, 2009 13:17 |  #503

Hi, Chris, Mo, Brooke, Jeff & Jim! Where are Jon & Tom lately?

Yeah, funny thing. My son, Jared, kept saying that Denver just has a by this week. Little did we know that the Redskins were going to start playing like football players yesterday. I am not a fan, but my hubby is from Denver, so the boys were all cheering for Denver. We didn't watch the game as it's on during church, but when we got home, it was a big surprise.

JimAskew
Cream of the Crop
7,424 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Nov 17, 2009 07:20 as a reply to  @ SuzyView's post |  #504

Happy Tuesday, All...

Beautiful day today...blue skies and sun :)

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,092 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Nov 17, 2009 07:54 |  #505

Hi, Jim. I'm having scheduling difficulties this morning. After explaining my busy week to my kids and husband last night, this morning, my 12 year old tells me he has to be somewhere at 5:30 today and I have to take him. Well, I had 3 things planned after school that I can't let go, and he tells me this! I almost cried. So, canceling all the tutoring and rescheduling. I think next time, we have to break out the calendar again. My Blackberry is full already.

SoaringUSAEagle
Daddy Of The Crop
10,812 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Nov 17, 2009 08:51 |  #506

Brooke... you're funny. I have my living room turned upside down right now, acting as my studio space. I was able to get a few of Jacob last night. I have it setup for tonight or tomorrow. He didnt have a good evening - no nap = grumpy. Not that you can tell it in these photos though, LOL.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 500 | MIME changed to 'text/html'

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 500 | MIME changed to 'text/html'

5D3 | 35L | 50 1.4 | 85L II | 135L | 24-70L II | 70-200 2.8L IS II

TheFloridaShooter
713 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 17, 2009 12:24 |  #507

Jeff,

Those are great.

1Dx MKII | 1Dx | 5D MKIV | 5D MKIII | 5Ds r | 5Ds | 7D MKII | 7D | G16 | G3x | EOS M & M3 | 800 f5.6 | 600 f4 | 400 f2.8 | 300 f2.8 | 200-400 f4 | 100-400 f4.5 - 5.6 II x 2 | 70-200 f2.8 | 14 f2.8 II | 50 f1.2 | 50 1.4 | 85 f1.2 | 135 f2 | 24-70 f2.8 II | 11-24 f4 | 35 f1.4 II | Pentax 645Z | SMC Pentax-DA 645 25mm F4 AL | SMC Pentax-D FA 645 55mm F2.8 AL | Pentax 90mm f/2.8 D FA 645 Macro ED AW SR | SMC Pentax-D FA 645 200mm f/4 IF | SMC Pentax-D FA 645 300mm f/4 ED IF | SMC FA 645 400mm f/5.6 ED IF Lens

Bootsie
"Dang! I am a loser"
3,243 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jul 2007

Nov 17, 2009 15:42 |  #508

Nice shots Jeff! He is so adorable!!!

Ok so more 50D drama, the guy was waiting to get the box from his parents before he sent me my 50D, but it looks as though the box/manuals/cables/etc​.. have been lost in the mail. So I asked him to send me a refund, and he is going to do that as soon as he can.

But now I do not know what to do, and I need advice from you folks :) If it were you... would you just buy a brand new 50D from B&H, this way I know all about it, no guessing, no waiting, just a brand new camera, but for a lot more than the deal that I found. Or... would you look for another deal on a used one, the deal that I found was $700 for a great condition low actuation 50d, will I be able to find another deal like this? Is is worth going used if the difference is only about $150-200?

I am very frustrated and I don't know which option to go with... any advice? :)

Thanks!

{Brooke}
Canon 50D Gripped| 85 1.8| 100 2.8 macro| 17-85 IS| 50 1.8| 70-200 F4 L IS!!
---My Gallery--- (external link) ~My Blog~ (external link) **All My Gear**

JimAskew
Cream of the Crop
7,424 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Nov 17, 2009 16:04 |  #509

Bootsie wrote in post #9032275 (external link)
Nice shots Jeff! He is so adorable!!!

Ok so more 50D drama, the guy was waiting to get the box from his parents before he sent me my 50D, but it looks as though the box/manuals/cables/etc​.. have been lost in the mail. So I asked him to send me a refund, and he is going to do that as soon as he can.

But now I do not know what to do, and I need advice from you folks :) If it were you... would you just buy a brand new 50D from B&H, this way I know all about it, no guessing, no waiting, just a brand new camera, but for a lot more than the deal that I found. Or... would you look for another deal on a used one, the deal that I found was $700 for a great condition low actuation 50d, will I be able to find another deal like this? Is is worth going used if the difference is only about $150-200?

I am very frustrated and I don't know which option to go with... any advice? :)

Thanks!

Brooke,

B+H is selling the 50D body for $942 plus shipping. I am a strong beliver in buying new gear unless you know the seller you are buying used gear from. You had no risk when you bought my 85MM f/1.8 because you know me and you know I would stand behind the deal.

So, I suggest you go with B+H and place your order :)

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,217 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Nov 17, 2009 16:45 |  #510

HAppy Tuesday! Back to work tonight for me, then a couple of Southern california POTN members are coming to visit for the weekend so I won't be around much.
We are taking them up to see the Giant Redwoods and it looks like it will snow on Friday so Saturday's trip should be beautiful!

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

sponsored links

405,043 views & 0 likes for this thread
General Wedding Somewhat less Chit-Chatty of Late (Everyone's gotten busy) Thread (6)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.