Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
Thread started 29 Nov 2009 (Sunday) 14:53
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

USAC cars on Phoenix International Raceway

AZAlphaDog
Goldmember
1,750 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Nov 29, 2009 14:53 |  #1

Not much interest or sales on these images, so I thought I'd post some here to see if it would generate some interest. . .

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

DOUG JAMES | PHOTO PRODUCTIONS (external link) | FACEBOOK (external link)

sponsored links
AZAlphaDog
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,750 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Nov 29, 2009 14:54 |  #2

I hope you like these.

AP64
261 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Nov 30, 2009 06:53 |  #3

Those are some nice shots. The first one is a good one of T. Hines.

http://www.apactionpho​tography.com/ (external link)

Zenfolio Referral Code: HRA-HDZ-2VX

dophoto
112 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Nov 30, 2009 18:25 |  #4

Nice shots.
So they are just dirt sprintcars, with slicks? & they run on both dirt and tarmac?

AZAlphaDog
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,750 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Nov 30, 2009 20:01 as a reply to  @ dophoto's post |  #5

I'm no expert, but I'm going to guess no.

If you look at the first image you will notice that most teams have two different cars depending if the track is dirt (sideways most of the time) or pavement (not sideways, and not lifting the inside front wheel).

Might be that that team just has the bucks to have several cars per driver, while the smaller teams have to make major adjustments to the cars setup depending on the surface that is raced on.

sydney350d
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Dec 02, 2009 00:25 |  #6

great shot' there.

whilst we have sprintcar's in australia we only have them race on dirt, would be great to see them on a pavement circuit.

great shot's of TSR truck's and setup, and have seen Coons jnr race in australia, he is massivley talented!!!

Gear: 50d gripped, 28-75 f2.8, nifty 50, 18-200, 580exII

cdi
60 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Dec 02, 2009 01:40 |  #7

dophoto wrote in post #9110567 (external link)
Nice shots.
So they are just dirt sprintcars, with slicks? & they run on both dirt and tarmac?

i know the USAC Western Sprints are pavement only and USAC CRA are dirt only. i know there is only sanctioning body in northern cal and the USAC Western Midgets and USAC Ford Focus Midgets runs both dirt and paved with the same cars. just a couple modifications. but im not sure about the USAC National Sprints and USAC National Midgets.

{Chris Cleveland}
Cleveland Digital Imaging (external link)

Cyclop
Cream of the Crop
6,899 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Dec 02, 2009 06:14 |  #8

Nice series.

Canon 50D w/grip, Canon 7D, Mark II w/grip, Tokina UWA 11-16 2.8, Canon 17-55 2.8 IS, Canon 70-200 2.8 L IS, Canon 300 4 L IS, Canon 400 5.6 L, Canon 100 "macro" 2.8, Canon 60 "macro" 2.8, Canon Extender 1.4xII, Gitzo 3531S tripod w/Markins M20 ballhead, Gitzo GT2531EX tripod, Bogen-Manfrotto 681B monopod w/3232 head.

Jamie ­ Holladay
Cream of the Crop
21,557 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Dec 02, 2009 08:14 |  #9

Nice set of images. I really like what you did in #3. Of course it would be much better if the stads were full. Nice job.

The Site  (external link)The Gallery  (external link)The Gear (external link)

"If you really want something done, ask a busy person." Toms wife

Nothing is more Exhilarating than combining my two passions, the speed of a shutter, the speed of a car; What a Rush! ~ me

What stands between you and greatness sits between your ears, not in your camera bag. ~ John Thawley

You know I can't spell just sound it out. ~ me

sponsored links

1,690 views & 0 likes for this thread
USAC cars on Phoenix International Raceway
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.