Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
Thread started 08 Dec 2009 (Tuesday) 12:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

windows 7 problem

ninjaboy
166 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Dec 08, 2009 12:55 |  #1

i have just upgraded from xp media to windows 7 home all is fine till i install photoshop cs3 think the disc is delaminating as sometimes takes ages to read disc when put in dvd drive.
anyway get it to install then register no prob i then get updates which download and install then wants to reboot so go through process .
but when windows reboots i have a prob at bot right toolbar you normally have a square for network saying internet access but this now has yellow fault on it and says.
network
no inernet access

unidentified network
no inertnet access

i cannot get inernet or mail but if i uninstall cs3 then fault goes and all is fine again.
can anybody help
cheers shane

sponsored links
5Dmaniac
Goldmember
1,303 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Dec 08, 2009 13:27 |  #2

I can't really give you any advice - I just upgraded a Vista 32bit system to a Win 7 64 bit system and everything went well, including the LR and CS4 installs. Did you install the 32 or 64 bit version of Win7? CS3 is 32 bit only (I think), but even that should not have any affect on your internet connection.

TheFloridaShooter
713 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 08, 2009 14:19 |  #3

http://www.sevenforums​.com …cess-bonjour-service.html (external link)

I hope this helps.......

1Dx MKII | 1Dx | 5D MKIV | 5D MKIII | 5Ds r | 5Ds | 7D MKII | 7D | G16 | G3x | EOS M & M3 | 800 f5.6 | 600 f4 | 400 f2.8 | 300 f2.8 | 200-400 f4 | 100-400 f4.5 - 5.6 II x 2 | 70-200 f2.8 | 14 f2.8 II | 50 f1.2 | 50 1.4 | 85 f1.2 | 135 f2 | 24-70 f2.8 II | 11-24 f4 | 35 f1.4 II | Pentax 645Z | SMC Pentax-DA 645 25mm F4 AL | SMC Pentax-D FA 645 55mm F2.8 AL | Pentax 90mm f/2.8 D FA 645 Macro ED AW SR | SMC Pentax-D FA 645 200mm f/4 IF | SMC Pentax-D FA 645 300mm f/4 ED IF | SMC FA 645 400mm f/5.6 ED IF Lens

ninjaboy
THREAD ­ STARTER
166 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Dec 09, 2009 14:59 as a reply to  @ TheFloridaShooter's post |  #4

thanks for your help seems to have done the trick.
strange how seems to have raised its head now ?

cheers shane

basroil
Cream of the Crop
8,015 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Dec 09, 2009 15:28 |  #5

TheMissouriShooter wrote in post #9159028 (external link)
http://www.sevenforums​.com …cess-bonjour-service.html (external link)

I hope this helps.......

Looks like Maxxum now can't say I'm wrong when I say the bonjour service included in iTunes (and CS3) is evil ;)

bonjour normally doesn't do anything, but in certain cases it can take over network protocols when it should not. reinstalling usually fixes that, but the service is useless unless you have apple computers and routers on your network, so removing it is often best.

I don't hate macs or OSX, I hate people and statements that portray them as better than anything else. Macs are A solution, not THE solution. Get a good desktop i7 with Windows 7 and come tell me that sucks for photo or video editing.
Gear List

MaxxuM
Goldmember
3,350 posts
Joined May 2007

Dec 09, 2009 18:25 |  #6

basroil wrote in post #9166188 (external link)
Looks like Maxxum now can't say I'm wrong when I say the bonjour service included in iTunes (and CS3) is evil ;)

bonjour normally doesn't do anything, but in certain cases it can take over network protocols when it should not. reinstalling usually fixes that, but the service is useless unless you have apple computers and routers on your network, so removing it is often best.

Sigh... I simply said that Bonjour cannot scan hard drives and is not routable without changing your routing settings - it is benign. What is not being addressed here (or in other threads) is that CS3 actually 'comes' with Bonjour so Adobe products can take advantage of Zeroconfig. What is probably happening is CS3 is installing an older version that is corrupting Window's routing services and thus blocking communications.

Removing this older version of Bonjour that is not compatible with Windows 7 is also removing CS3's Zeroconfig abilities. This is not a new problem and if I had seen this thread before now I would have said something. Sorry for that.

I run the entire Adobe CS3 suite on my PC with Windows 7 with absolutely no issues because I installed iTunes after installing CS3, thus replacing the older service with a newer compatible version.

Bonjour is not evil. At least no more evil than any other older protocol that is not compatable with newer OSes.

basroil
Cream of the Crop
8,015 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Dec 09, 2009 18:39 |  #7

MaxxuM wrote in post #9167241 (external link)
Sigh... I simply said that Bonjour cannot scan hard drives and is not routable without changing your routing settings - it is benign. What is not being addressed here (or in other threads) is that CS3 actually 'comes' with Bonjour so Adobe products can take advantage of Zeroconfig. What is probably happening is CS3 is installing an older version that is corrupting Window's routing services and thus blocking communications.

Removing this older version of Bonjour that is not compatible with Windows 7 is also removing CS3's Zeroconfig abilities. This is not a new problem and if I had seen this thread before now I would have said something. Sorry for that.

I run the entire Adobe CS3 suite on my PC with Windows 7 with absolutely no issues because I installed iTunes after installing CS3, thus replacing the older service with a newer compatible version.

Bonjour is not evil. At least no more evil than any other older protocol that is not compatable with newer OSes.

Explains why I always have issues with it... I refuse to update since iTunes 7, even keeping the old installer files for reinstalls (until I uninstalled it because I just use the Zune software):D

I don't hate macs or OSX, I hate people and statements that portray them as better than anything else. Macs are A solution, not THE solution. Get a good desktop i7 with Windows 7 and come tell me that sucks for photo or video editing.
Gear List

Faolan
Goldmember
1,204 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 13, 2009 10:20 |  #8

Note, if you're using Suitcase Fusion for font management you actually need Bonjour to be running if you want your fonts dynamically loaded.

Otherwise removing the Bonjour service doesn't affect any system parts that I've ever seen.

Here's what it does for the Adobe applications:

http://kb2.adobe.com/c​ps/400/kb400982.html (external link)

Some call me the Heilan' Laddie, but others call me Rob.
Flickr (external link) - Lighting set ups using Canon Flash/Elinchrom plus some general work.
Celtic Shadows Design (external link) - Photography and WordPress Development.

sponsored links

1,442 views & 0 likes for this thread
windows 7 problem
FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.