Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
Thread started 11 Aug 2009 (Tuesday) 09:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Mac Pro

Tareq
THREAD ­ STARTER
"I am very lazy, a normal consumer"
17,837 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2006

Dec 08, 2009 12:36 |  #46

Scout7id wrote in post #9157818 (external link)
The "middle" model is usually the price/performance sweet spot at about $2499. Add more RAM and a bigger drive to get you to about $2750. If you are a student, or know one, use Apple's education discount. It's not significant, but, it helps.

I wish if i know any student so he may help me for a discount.
Anyway, as i said, i was making a budget about average $3000 more or less [$500], so i will see what new Mac Pro will be there sooner or later.

Galleries:
http://hamrani.deviant​art.com/gallery/ (external link)
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
Tareq
THREAD ­ STARTER
17,837 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Dec 08, 2009 12:50 |  #47

Kronie wrote in post #9158191 (external link)
If your in no rush I would wait until they announce the Mac Pro updates in what Feb?

I can wait even until Feb 2011 if necessary, that coming year seems i have a big problem to my pocket because my list including medium format accessories, large format, Canon lenses, lights, computer, monitor,... so i really don't know what i will spend on next upcoming year.

Question: What you can do with a budget of let's say $20000 in one year for photography gear only if you have everything as some said? :D;)

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

wlescall
512 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Dec 08, 2009 13:23 |  #48

Considering what is currently shipping, Don't bother with the Quad Core Mac Pro - the i7 iMac has about the same performance (unless you want the internal storage or PCIe slots). Everyone expects the 6-core processors to show up in the first quarter of 2010.

If you have a NAPP membership, you can get a discount at the Apple Store Online. For the Mac Pros, not as quite as good as an educational discount.

Bill
EOS 5Dmkiii, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 mkii, 580 EX II , Canon EF 24-105 mm f/4L, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS
2 desktops & 2 laptops (PC & Mac each)
Chronon Photography (external link)

BeritOlam
Goldmember
1,675 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Dec 08, 2009 13:26 |  #49

Tareq wrote in post #9158350 (external link)
Anyway, as i said, i was making a budget about average $3000 more or less [$500], so i will see what new Mac Pro will be there sooner or later.

Can you get the Refurbished Apple computers in UAE? It won't get you the latest and greatest top-of-the-line hardware, but it gives you good value per dollar. The usually have Mac Pros cycle through there pretty regularly.

I've used Refurbs for a few years now, and so have numerous friends....and we've never had a problem with them.

Gear List

Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt. – Herbert Hoover

TheFloridaShooter
713 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 08, 2009 14:28 |  #50

When looking for a Mac if you are active duty / ex military be sure to ask about the discount.

1Dx MKII | 1Dx | 5D MKIV | 5D MKIII | 5Ds r | 5Ds | 7D MKII | 7D | G16 | G3x | EOS M & M3 | 800 f5.6 | 600 f4 | 400 f2.8 | 300 f2.8 | 200-400 f4 | 100-400 f4.5 - 5.6 II x 2 | 70-200 f2.8 | 14 f2.8 II | 50 f1.2 | 50 1.4 | 85 f1.2 | 135 f2 | 24-70 f2.8 II | 11-24 f4 | 35 f1.4 II | Pentax 645Z | SMC Pentax-DA 645 25mm F4 AL | SMC Pentax-D FA 645 55mm F2.8 AL | Pentax 90mm f/2.8 D FA 645 Macro ED AW SR | SMC Pentax-D FA 645 200mm f/4 IF | SMC Pentax-D FA 645 300mm f/4 ED IF | SMC FA 645 400mm f/5.6 ED IF Lens

Tareq
THREAD ­ STARTER
17,837 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Dec 08, 2009 14:38 |  #51

wlescall wrote in post #9158630 (external link)
Considering what is currently shipping, Don't bother with the Quad Core Mac Pro - the i7 iMac has about the same performance (unless you want the internal storage or PCIe slots). Everyone expects the 6-core processors to show up in the first quarter of 2010.

If you have a NAPP membership, you can get a discount at the Apple Store Online. For the Mac Pros, not as quite as good as an educational discount.

I just look for Good Mac Pro within that price range, i don't look for the highest performances even it is my dream, and i will keep that dedicated for photography even i will use it for something else, but still i have my Mac Book Pro [2 laptops] and Mac Mini.

I will look for that membership, but really i should use all the facilities and offers/services that this membership will give me.

BeritOlam wrote in post #9158649 (external link)
Can you get the Refurbished Apple computers in UAE? It won't get you the latest and greatest top-of-the-line hardware, but it gives you good value per dollar. The usually have Mac Pros cycle through there pretty regularly.

I've used Refurbs for a few years now, and so have numerous friends....and we've never had a problem with them.

Actually i want New only, i am not against refurbs products but i really would like to have a product as i am the first user from the manufacturer, also i don't like to always thinking or waiting any issue even very rarely then i regret that i bought it refurbs, i always forgive issues with new items but i never forgive with used and refurbs items.

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

Tareq
THREAD ­ STARTER
17,837 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Dec 08, 2009 14:39 |  #52

TheMissouriShooter wrote in post #9159090 (external link)
When looking for a Mac if you are active duty / ex military be sure to ask about the discount.

I am not, unfortunately! :(

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links

3,465 views & 0 likes for this thread
Mac Pro
FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.