Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 18 May 2007 (Friday) 07:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Northern VA members.....

DigitalTimmay
125 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Dec 06, 2009 12:02 |  #796

SuzyView wrote in post #9144236 (external link)
Great shots! I live about 6 miles from Forest Park. I haven't started shooting sports very much, but once my younger boys get to Hylton, I'll be doing that much more.

Oh no. Hylton. Booo!
Our arch rival.
Ironically engaged to someone from Hylton.

sponsored links
DigitalTimmay
125 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Dec 06, 2009 12:06 |  #797

krisjan76 wrote in post #9144305 (external link)
digitaltimmay, were those shot through the glass?

Yes.
And it was green, and it was dirty.

This was at Ashburn so I didn't have free reign like I do at Prince William.
At PW I can go wherever I want and shoot over the glass.
Here at Ashburn was terrible. I wanted to move around the rink, but that meant I had to walk past the Stonebridge fans, who were so terrible. They were ALL coordinated in their chants, and all their chants were obscenities to Forest Park players especially to the captain.
As I was leaving the rink, there were Stonebridge fans waiting in the parking lot for the FP captain. I had to text the FP head coach and warn him one of his players may get jumped.

monokrome
Goldmember
1,185 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Dec 06, 2009 12:25 |  #798

SuzyView wrote in post #9145072 (external link)
Hey, good decision to not go to Maryland yesterday. It snowed 4 inches here. My son is sledding as I type. He's having a blast! The roads were pretty nasty.

There was a 14 car pile up about five miles from my house last night.

S5IS

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,092 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Dec 07, 2009 05:24 |  #799

Yeah, it was some storm. I avoid travel here when weather gets tough. No one drives like they know what to do. I lived in upstate NY for 16 years of my life and snow was a fact of life 5 months out of the year (or longer).

I went to the temple yesterday for a Messiah sing a long and forgot to bring my camera. Yeah, tell me about it. It's okay. I was there to sing, not shoot.

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, SONY a7iii, 7D2, G12, M100, M50, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children and grandchildren are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Dec 07, 2009 11:15 as a reply to  @ SuzyView's post |  #800

SuzyView wrote in post #9145072 (external link)
Hey, good decision to not go to Maryland yesterday. It snowed 4 inches here. My son is sledding as I type. He's having a blast! The roads were pretty nasty.

Ironically, all we had in Montgomery County was an inch or two, that never stuck to the roads or sidewalks. It would have made a nice accent in the photos, but that's about it.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

GoHokiesGo
783 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Feb 2007

Dec 07, 2009 11:21 |  #801

DigitalTimmay wrote in post #9145365 (external link)
Yes.
And it was green, and it was dirty.

This was at Ashburn so I didn't have free reign like I do at Prince William.
At PW I can go wherever I want and shoot over the glass.
Here at Ashburn was terrible. I wanted to move around the rink, but that meant I had to walk past the Stonebridge fans, who were so terrible. They were ALL coordinated in their chants, and all their chants were obscenities to Forest Park players especially to the captain.
As I was leaving the rink, there were Stonebridge fans waiting in the parking lot for the FP captain. I had to text the FP head coach and warn him one of his players may get jumped.

I live like a mile from the Ashburn rink, you were right in my neck of the woods. Sorry to hear the ashburn people weren't so polite; I'm new to this neck of the woods, but I think most people are very friendly here in general, too bad. I was a Hylton grad as well, but Forest Park had only been open a few years when I finished. I was always amazed that the high school teams held grudges that they wanted to take to the parking lot after games, I know a few of the Hylton-Forest Park kids had some gripes with one another from when my bro played on the hylton team.

SuzyView wrote in post #9149540 (external link)
Yeah, it was some storm. I avoid travel here when weather gets tough. No one drives like they know what to do. I lived in upstate NY for 16 years of my life and snow was a fact of life 5 months out of the year (or longer).

Yes! I hate travelling around here when it snows, people have no idea how to drive in the snow. I am always amazed at how many accidents I see, and in such odd places when the roads really aren't all that bad. We drove to my parents from ashburn to woodbridge saturday night and 28 was loaded with accidents, probably almost 10 along that stretch of overpasses...

~Jason
Canon 6D -¤- Canon 60D
Canon16-35/4LIS -¤- Canon 24-105/4LIS -¤- Canon 135/2L -¤- Canon 70-200/4L
Canon 50/1.8 STM -¤- Sigma 30/1.4 EX -¤- Samyang 14/2.8
Travel Website - Jason Peacott Photography (external link)

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,092 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Dec 07, 2009 14:33 |  #802

The temple address is 9500 Stoneybrook Dr., Kensington, MD. Put it into your GPS and you can't miss it. There is plenty of parking before sundown. That's why I thought around 4:30 would be best. We can meet at the entrance of the Visitor's Center building. There are greeters there, but here is a large overhang area. I'll be the one with the Canon gear, Jon is the one with the Domke bag :).

My children and grandchildren are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,092 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Dec 07, 2009 14:40 |  #803

http://www.lds.org …510,1775-1-1-1775,00.html (external link)

This is the calendar at the temple of performances. I take my family and take pictures outside and then go inside to see the trees and displays and then the show. There is a semi-live nativity outside. No pressure to take any literature, just to see lights and enjoy the festivities. There's no food, though. ;)

Anyone want to meet at Bull Run sometime for their lights?

Rhilton4u
Goldmember
1,503 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Dec 07, 2009 16:25 |  #804

SuzyView wrote in post #9152161 (external link)
Anyone want to meet at Bull Run sometime for their lights?

Yeah, I want to do that this year too...

Canon 1DX & 5D Classic | Manfrotto 3021 & 3249 Pods w/ 488RC2 | Speedlite 600EX-RT & 430EX
EF 17-40mm F4L | EF 24-70mm F2.8L | EF 70-200mm F2.8L (IS) | EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L (IS)
EF 100mm Macro F2.8L (IS) | MR-14EX II Macro Ring Lite | EF 50mm F1.8 ("nifty-fifty") | ► My flickr  (external link)

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Dec 07, 2009 20:44 as a reply to  @ Rhilton4u's post |  #805

SuzyView wrote in post #9152116 (external link)
The temple address is 9500 Stoneybrook Dr., Kensington, MD. Put it into your GPS and you can't miss it. There is plenty of parking before sundown. That's why I thought around 4:30 would be best. We can meet at the entrance of the Visitor's Center building. There are greeters there, but here is a large overhang area. I'll be the one with the Canon gear, Jon is the one with the Domke bag :).

*rummages through closet for Crumpler, LowePro or Tamrac bag*

Oh, well, there's still time to buy a ThinkTank and preserve my anonymity . ..

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,092 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Dec 08, 2009 22:04 |  #806

Getting just rain tonight. What a bummer.

DigitalTimmay
125 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Dec 08, 2009 23:04 |  #807

GoHokiesGo wrote in post #9150890 (external link)
I live like a mile from the Ashburn rink, you were right in my neck of the woods. Sorry to hear the ashburn people weren't so polite; I'm new to this neck of the woods, but I think most people are very friendly here in general, too bad. I was a Hylton grad as well, but Forest Park had only been open a few years when I finished. I was always amazed that the high school teams held grudges that they wanted to take to the parking lot after games, I know a few of the Hylton-Forest Park kids had some gripes with one another from when my bro played on the hylton team.

Haha who were they? I prolly know them as I played for Forest Park. Was there when the school first opened and when the team first began. I was on the inaugural JV team that went undefeated and won the championship.

Iamcuddles
134 posts
Joined May 2007

Dec 10, 2009 08:04 |  #808

SuzyView wrote in post #9132954 (external link)
Costco had a coupon thing last week for Black Friday. It was pretty decent, but I bought 4 GB ones a while ago there and have 12 of them now. :) It's a must have when you use the 5D2. :)

I'm in Northern VA, BTW, like most of us in the thread. :)

Jim, Jon, Ron, & I'll kidnap Carol. Who else is coming to the temple next Saturday?

What's going on at the temple?

krb
Cream of the Crop
8,818 posts
Joined Jun 2008
Location: Where southern efficiency and northern charm come together

Dec 10, 2009 09:23 |  #809

Iamcuddles wrote in post #9170172 (external link)
What's going on at the temple?

if you read back over the past couple of pages...

-- Ken
Comment and critique is always appreciated!
Flickr (external link)
Gear list

blackenigma
21 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Dec 10, 2009 13:35 as a reply to  @ krb's post |  #810

Ashburn,va here as well. Kensignton is too far. Anything happening in this neck of the woods?

Canon 7D, 430EX, 580EX II, 10-22mm, 28-135mm, 70-300mm, 50mm
http://www.blackenigma​.com (external link)

sponsored links

224,396 views & 11 likes for this thread
Northern VA members.....
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.