Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 20 Dec 2009 (Sunday) 07:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Photos: In the Studio

VincentPeete
98 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 20, 2009 07:49 |  #1

My girlfriend is a fun subject to shoot. I have no idea how to pose people I need to do some forum searching and Googling for some poses. Here are a few photos we took the other day in the studio:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Here is one she snapped off of me:

IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2542/4196125595_43dbfaf47e.jpg

^ I was trying to make it rain with the little money I had in my pocket :(

However here is a list of my setup:

Nikon D80
Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8
(2) Nikon SB-600's - 1/2 power towards background
(1) Nikon SB-600 - 1/4 power through 36" umbrella towards subject
(3) Pro Master light stands
Pure White - Savage 107" x 12 yard seamless paper
Pro Master Backdrop Stand

Facebook (external link) \ Peete-Productions (external link) \ Flickr (external link)
Nikon D80 | Nikon MB-D80 Battery Grip | Tamron 18-200mm | 50mm f/1.8 | Nikon SB-600 (3) |
Tamron 28 - 75mm f/2.8 | Tamron 70 - 200mm f/2.8 | Sigma 10-20mm | Canon HV30 |  MacBook Pro

sponsored links
leeport
815 posts
Joined May 2008

Dec 20, 2009 11:12 |  #2

I think you need some fill on her coat. Her pose in the right side is good, shoulder turn. A hairlight would have also been good.

snyderman
Cream of the Crop
7,083 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 20, 2009 16:33 |  #3

They are pretty good. I especially like the one of you doing the POTN pose, i.e., throwing your cash away on NEW GEAR!!!

And I can see detail in the coat on #1. Just enough of the pocket, belt and pleating.

dave

Canon 5D2 > 35L-85L-135L

VincentPeete
THREAD ­ STARTER
98 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 20, 2009 18:25 |  #4

Thanks for the tips and compliments. More are welcomed.

Facebook (external link) \ Peete-Productions (external link) \ Flickr (external link)
Nikon D80 | Nikon MB-D80 Battery Grip | Tamron 18-200mm | 50mm f/1.8 | Nikon SB-600 (3) |
Tamron 28 - 75mm f/2.8 | Tamron 70 - 200mm f/2.8 | Sigma 10-20mm | Canon HV30 |  MacBook Pro

VincentPeete
THREAD ­ STARTER
98 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 22, 2009 16:47 |  #5

IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2732/4205576699_499ecfe809.jpg

phamster
Cream of the Crop
6,315 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Dec 22, 2009 23:31 |  #6

the tight crop is the best of the bunch..

but you doing the rain money dance is cool...

posing is such the art.. i hope you do many shoots soon and gain your poses from experience..

but mean while.. look at magazines and such for posing..

some rules.

1.. weight on the rear legs..put leg closest to the lens in front of the weighted leg..
2.. if it bends.. bend it slightly..
3.. tilt the head off plane to the shoulders.. (don't have the head dead vertical to the shoulders) a slight tilt will make a mug shot more interesting..
4.. never do squared on shots.. always do slight glancing angles..
5.. females should tilt head to nearest shoulder (shoulder closest to the lens)
6.. males should tilt head away from nearest should to the lens..

phamster

"Lighting will make or break your photo"
Flickr (external link)
Facebook (external link)
Interview with Mike Panic (external link)

VincentPeete
THREAD ­ STARTER
98 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 23, 2009 08:56 |  #7

phamster wrote in post #9249114 (external link)
the tight crop is the best of the bunch..

but you doing the rain money dance is cool...

posing is such the art.. i hope you do many shoots soon and gain your poses from experience..

but mean while.. look at magazines and such for posing..

some rules.

1.. weight on the rear legs..put leg closest to the lens in front of the weighted leg..
2.. if it bends.. bend it slightly..
3.. tilt the head off plane to the shoulders.. (don't have the head dead vertical to the shoulders) a slight tilt will make a mug shot more interesting..
4.. never do squared on shots.. always do slight glancing angles..
5.. females should tilt head to nearest shoulder (shoulder closest to the lens)
6.. males should tilt head away from nearest should to the lens..

phamster

I remember a few threads ago, someone mentioned you. Thanks for chiming in on how to pose my subjects.

sponsored links

1,682 views & 0 likes for this thread
Photos: In the Studio
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.