Jeezz I am just betting you had a really happy christmas
Thanks for chiming in Henry. I read through all your responses and no where I could find the reasoning for price increase of items involving instant rebates
Since you are aware of the issue pretty well by now, with all respect would you mind answering the following questions?
1. Can you explain why the pre-rebate combo price is more than individual components? FYI, both are IDENTICAL products.
2.Why this price increase for combo deals do not happen with non-instant rebate combos?
3.Why BH is forcing the higher priced combo for applying the rebates ? Please take note that we are talking about Identical items
Following facts may help you with the answers:
1. This rebate started on Nov 29, 2009, so if there was any system glitch, you had ample time to fix it.
2. As per canon's requirement, no seperate sku is necessary for combo deals - Proof: Amazon offers the rebate with individual skus just by adding the camera and lens to cart.
3. As per Helen Olster from adorama, both BH and adorama's inventory system uses % for calculating the rebate and they were able to fix it on the fly and now they are offering rebate from canon without taking any cuts
4. Though canon has MAP requirements, still matching the price to individual components is possible. Proof: Adorama and Amazon
5. As per canon, having the camera and lens in the same invoice qualifies for rebate. Proof: Amazon.com
As to my usage of word "stealing", what else can you say about the store which increases the price specifically for the products with instant rebates? Charity?????
Actually this isn't new for BH, FYI, it happened during 2009 spring rebates as well. When forums were screaming about this, you popped in and claimed canon raised the prices.If you like to know how much your store "pushed" on what
lenses, do a quick search in DPR forum.Off top of my head, I can say ef-s 10-22mm and EF 70-200 f 2.8 IS were "pushed up" to eat the canon instant rebate.
If you still accuse me of lieing, please check your records from May-july,for the date of price increase for these lenses and start date of instant rebate.
Guess what, I still ordered from BH, giving you the benefit of doubt about the canon's price increase on the same day as the rebate started.
But now, BH has gone over the border by having the same products with lesser price and inflating the price if customers want the manufacturer's rebate. It is not even different products, but same identical items.
How can you justify this, Henry ?
Honestly, won't you ask the same question if your car dealer has different prices for identical vehicles and force you to pay the higher price to avail manufacturer's discount?
canon is offering the instant rebate to avoid the problems we had with mail-in rebates. But now we have the same problems again, this time its retailers eating our rebates instead of MIR processing agents.
while I do understand business is about making money, how about some integrity and ethics too? Is it too much for ask for?
Hope you will clarify.