Removing pet eye.
There are a few tutorials on YouTube..
Example 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSPuv_-3V4w
Text notes of the above process:
1) Use "quick selection" tool to select the eyes.
Select --> Modify --> Expand (by 1 pixel)
Leave the white reflection in the pupil.
Hover over the white reflection using the quick selection, hold down 'alt' and single click to deselect.
2) Crate a new layer ( Cntrl + J ) or Layer --> New --> Layer Via Copy
Lock transparent pixels on this layer .. so when you paint you'll only be painting on the eyes
3) Brush tool 'darken' .. Opacity 75-80%. Select black as your paint color
4) desaturate layer ( Cntrl + Shift + U) or Image --> Adjustments --> Desaturate
5) paint over eyes with black
Quick example (this is a Boxer I'm fostering):
If anyone else has any tips please do advise as this is pretty common when dealing with pet photos..