Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 11 Apr 2009 (Saturday) 23:17
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My Review of the ThinkTank Streetwalker HardDrive

greyhoundfan
233 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jul 15, 2009 22:52 as a reply to  @ post 8234797 |  #31

I have this bag as well. They thought of everything, even little elastic strap holders to hold the extra tag ends of each strap so they don't hang losely and get caught on anything. This bag is an acceptable carryon. I took it to South Dakota and Iowa from San Diego. I rode on the smallest Dash 8 bi-prop plane. It was a tight fit but I was still able to get it in the overhead compartment. On normal sized jets, it will easily fit in the overhead compartment.

sponsored links
Tvw
Goldmember
1,517 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jul 25, 2009 04:10 as a reply to  @ greyhoundfan's post |  #32

Thanks for the great review!!
I bought one yesterday. Tonight I'm going to try it out.

One thing that I notice is that you have those blue colored wires through the zippers. My bag doesn't have that in the main zipper. Did you receive a lock with your bag like in the photo below (I didn't)?
Thanks.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Tim
flickr (external link)
https://500px.com/timv​anwoensel (external link)

EveryMilesAMemory
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,878 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined May 2007

Jul 27, 2009 00:12 as a reply to  @ Tvw's post |  #33

I did not receive a lock, but I rarely travel on a plane, so locking it isnt a major concern for me.

The blue zipper pulls came on every zipper on the bag. If your bag is missing some, I'd call ThinkTank, they'll probally send you some out.

I should update this post as we've now had the bag for months and use it non-stop. Its still holding up perfectly and since we've gotten this bag, almost every other bag we own (5) have yet to come out of the closet.

Pat Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.​com (external link)
www.patbonishphotograp​hy.com (external link)
http://www.instagram.c​om/bonish_photo/[/URL (external link)

Tvw
Goldmember
1,517 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jul 27, 2009 11:44 |  #34

EveryMilesAMemory wrote in post #8349075 (external link)
I did not receive a lock, but I rarely travel on a plane, so locking it isnt a major concern for me.

The blue zipper pulls came on every zipper on the bag. If your bag is missing some, I'd call ThinkTank, they'll probally send you some out.

I should update this post as we've now had the bag for months and use it non-stop. Its still holding up perfectly and since we've gotten this bag, almost every other bag we own (5) have yet to come out of the closet.

Thanks for letting me know Pat!
I've send an E-mail to ThinkTank.

I've used the bag now for the first time (https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=729033). I think it's excellent! It's huge inside, but not on the outside (though I would love a big front stretch pocket like in theAirport Ultralight V 2.).

Tim
flickr (external link)
https://500px.com/timv​anwoensel (external link)

JHunter
313 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Aug 06, 2009 20:24 |  #35

Can anyone tell me how big the laptop compartment is, I can't find any dimensions anywhere. I know it's advertised for 15 inch laptops, but I was hoping I could fit my 17in MBP in. Its 15.5in x 10.5in x 1in, roughly.

Edit: I found one in a store and it does fit, barely. I have now bought it and it seems fantastic, so far.

Jack
Eos 1d Mark IV | Eos 1D Mark IIn | Eos 1v |24-70 f/2.8 L | 70-200 f/2.8 L IS | 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 L IS| 300/2.8 L IS | 430EX | 580EX II
http://www.jackhunterp​hoto.com (external link)

retour
462 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 14, 2009 14:40 as a reply to  @ JHunter's post |  #36

Got a Streetwalker Pro yesterday .... Love it!!!!

ZF.2 28/2, ZF.2 50/2 MP .... Rok 85/1.4
D700 .... P7000 .... FM-10 (film)
razzi (external link)

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,743 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Oct 14, 2009 19:45 |  #37

not sure which I like better, the 400 f2.8 or the backpack.

Wait, who am I kidding. That lens has me drooling on my keyboard.

Great review, excellent pictures to go along with it.

mark

Jethro790
Goldmember
2,193 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Dec 04, 2009 10:04 as a reply to  @ MDJAK's post |  #38

My wife has committed to buying me a new backpack for Christmas and I think this is the one.

Thanks for all the info everyone!

If you must know...

mitch2k1
130 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 03, 2010 13:11 |  #39

Have been using a Streetwalker Harddrive for 8 months, great to travel with, comfortable fully loaded, I could do with better side pockets and a better tripod solution, but all in all my favorite photo backpack. Nice job on the review

Gear List:
Canon 5D MkIII
24-105mm f4L 70-200mm f2.8L Zeiss 50mm 1.4 Zeiss 18mm 3.5 Zeiss 25mm 2.0 100mm 2.8 Macro USM

Cam101
615 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 03, 2010 13:36 |  #40

Just got the Streetwalker HD last week, and so far im very impressed. I'm looking forward to taking it to Vegas in a few weeks. Excellent review.

Canon 5D MkIV | 600EX-RT
Canon Lenses: 16-35 f/4L | 70-200mm f/2.8L II IS | 100-400mm f/4-5.6L IS II | 100mm f/2.8L Macro | MP-E 65mm Macro
Gitzo GT3541LS w/ RRS BH55

nureality
Goldmember
3,611 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jan 22, 2010 11:12 |  #41

greyhoundfan wrote in post #8288344 (external link)
I have this bag as well. They thought of everything, even little elastic strap holders to hold the extra tag ends of each strap so they don't hang losely and get caught on anything. This bag is an acceptable carryon. I took it to South Dakota and Iowa from San Diego. I rode on the smallest Dash 8 bi-prop plane. It was a tight fit but I was still able to get it in the overhead compartment. On normal sized jets, it will easily fit in the overhead compartment.

I have this bag too and love it but they didn't think of everything. The one thing that its missing is some sort of easy access battery/memory card organizer like Tamrac put into my 608 bag. By far my favorite feature of that bag.

Alan "NuReality" Fronshtein
Gear List | PBase |  (external link)flickr (external link)
Lots of Fun, Lots of Laughs, Happy Trigger Finger!

The ­ Mutt
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jan 23, 2010 00:07 |  #42

EveryMilesAMemory wrote in post #7712967 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE

Does the tripod need to be removed everytime you need access to your gear.

Can padlocks be added to the zips for added security while the bag is on your back, I have had a few attempts by ferals trying to get in while we have been in crowds entering major tourist spots.

I like the hydration bag add to the bag, nice thought people.

Glenn

Blake ­ Blakely
79 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 28, 2010 12:49 |  #43

I have this one as well. Great bag, great company.

BLAKEBLAKELYPHOTOGRAPH​Y.COM

EveryMilesAMemory
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,878 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined May 2007

Aug 28, 2010 19:40 |  #44

The Mutt wrote in post #9452353 (external link)
Does the tripod need to be removed everytime you need access to your gear.

Can padlocks be added to the zips for added security while the bag is on your back, I have had a few attempts by ferals trying to get in while we have been in crowds entering major tourist spots.

I like the hydration bag add to the bag, nice thought people.

Glenn

Glenn, the tripod would need to be removed if you were going to unzip the entire zipper. If you simply needed to unzip half of it and reach in the bag then you could leave the tripod in place.

There are dual zippers so padlocks could be added if that was needed.

Pat Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.​com (external link)
www.patbonishphotograp​hy.com (external link)
http://www.instagram.c​om/bonish_photo/[/URL (external link)

xdmg
538 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Mar 22, 2011 23:18 |  #45

Is this bag too big to fit under an airplane seat?

http://rohofoto.com (external link) | facebook (external link)

sponsored links

40,683 views & 0 likes for this thread
My Review of the ThinkTank Streetwalker HardDrive
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.