Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 03 Jan 2010 (Sunday) 17:27
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

bing 10% cashback with Adorama?

DEMO
Goldmember
1,105 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Jan 08, 2010 09:02 |  #16

Planned on getting 10% off a P&S, but ended up only getting 3% off each item.

RAFAEL SANCHEZ

sponsored links
HelenOster
That's me!
4,487 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 10, 2010 03:11 |  #17

Message from Helen at Adorama Camera

AprilArchambeau wrote in post #9339632 (external link)
Can someone explain the cash back? How does it work? I've never used bing

Like this:

http://helenoster.blog​spot.com …camera-bing-cashback.html (external link)

Absolutely ­ Fabulous
Goldmember
1,699 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jan 10, 2010 17:08 as a reply to  @ HelenOster's post |  #18

it says 10% off right now but it has the old price there

http://www.belovedlove​photography.com (external link)my website (external link)

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Jan 10, 2010 21:49 |  #19

I received 11% on my 7D. At that time you had to access Adorama a certian way through Bing, otherwise it was 3%. Samuel at Adorama wenat as far as caneling my original order and explaing ot me how to get the 11%

So YES you will get your Bing Cash as long as you do everything right.

Mike R
www.mikerubinphoto.com (external link)

TSY87
637 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jan 10, 2010 22:13 |  #20

hmm... i went all the way through to the last screen to verify the purchase and it never showed me my cash back... I tried it with IE, Firefox, using paypal, or adoramas checkout... This was for the 5d MKii Kit.

Ive use BING cashback with many other retailers and it ALWAYS shows my cashback amount...

D700 Gripped, Nikkor 20 2.8D, Sigma 50 1.4, Rokinon 85 1.4, Nikkor 105 2.8 Micro VR, Nikkor 70-200 2.8 VR2, SB-900
Myflickr (external link)

lewdog
383 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 10, 2010 22:38 as a reply to  @ TSY87's post |  #21

I just bought the 5DII with free bag and 8gb CF card (for the same price as just the 5dII), 35L, 85L, and various accessories. Everything was 3%-I was under the impression that I was going to get the camera with 10% cashback. I never saw any indication on Adorama's site what the cashback would be. I got an e-mail after it was all over saying that I earned what is 3%. I think there might be a difference between just the 5DII body for $2500 and the 5DII body with CF card and bag for $2500 as far as this goes. Would it help for me to cancel this order and re-do it with just the 5DII? In other words, would just the 5DII qualify for the 10% now?

5DII
Zeiss ZE: 21/2.8 50/2 100/2
Canon L: 35/1.4 85/1.2 135/2 70-200/4IS
3x430 EXII and various small studio equipment
Zenfolio (external link)

TSY87
637 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jan 10, 2010 23:00 |  #22

^^ at any point in the checkout process, did it say how much cashback you would receive? based on what you wrote i assume no...

D700 Gripped, Nikkor 20 2.8D, Sigma 50 1.4, Rokinon 85 1.4, Nikkor 105 2.8 Micro VR, Nikkor 70-200 2.8 VR2, SB-900
Myflickr (external link)

lewdog
383 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 10, 2010 23:01 |  #23

TSY87 wrote in post #9368820 (external link)
^^ at any point in the checkout process, did it say how much cashback you would receive? based on what you wrote i assume no...

Nope. Nowhere.

5DII
Zeiss ZE: 21/2.8 50/2 100/2
Canon L: 35/1.4 85/1.2 135/2 70-200/4IS
3x430 EXII and various small studio equipment
Zenfolio (external link)

gx470
THREAD ­ STARTER
57 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 10, 2010 23:53 |  #24

looks like as soon as the price drop. bing cashback dropped to 3% also

HelenOster
That's me!
4,487 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 11, 2010 01:21 |  #25

Message from Helen at Adorama Camera

gx470 wrote in post #9369083 (external link)
looks like as soon as the price drop. bing cashback dropped to 3% also

I didn't want to have to post this whole blog, but from the comments above, I can see that not everyone is getting it - or not clicking on the link to my blog which I wrote & published to save having to post this! So here it is; the Adorama guide to Bing cashback:

Bing is the name of Microsoft's new search engine, launched about 6 months ago, replacing its Live Search / Windows Live Search / MSN Search services. There's an excellent description of it here - http://en.wikipedia.or​g/wiki/Bing (external link)

So far, so good; but what is Bing cash back; how does the consumer get it - who pays it, when and how?

Bing cash back is part of Microsoft's strategy to encourage us to use the Bing search engine, instead of Google, and replacing Yahoo. It's a program which gives you money back when you buy goods from Bing shopping.

Adorama currently pays Microsoft 3% for bing cash back purchases as a referral fee, ie, advertising (although this is subject to change at any time). Microsoft made a strategic decision to return the referral fee to consumers in the form of a discount, in order to encourage them to use the bing search engine in preference to Google etc in the future. (Some other places with cash back (like fatwallet.com) offer to split the referral fees with the purchaser. So Adorama might pay them 3%, and they will subsequently offer 1 or 2% to the buyer and keep the difference.

To be eligible, you must be a US citizen, and at least 18 years old with a valid mailing address in the United States. You will also need a valid Windows Live ID, (if you use Windows Live Messenger for instant messaging, you may already have this).

When you search on Bing shopping for the product(s) you want to buy, you should see listed all the shops that sell it/them, in price order, after Bing cash back has been deducted.
Then you just click on the link, pay for the item, and Bing will email you to confirm that you've earned cash back. After a 30-90 day waiting period (to allow for customer returns), your Bing cash back account will be credited.

Bing Cashback is a different beast from Bing shopping. The Cashback on any item can -and does - change on a daily basis. The real complications seem to arise for customers who go into the Adorama site from Bing Cashback to purchase an item that they have noted is eligible for, say, 10% Cashback. However, this doesn't mean that everything purchased on that occasion is also eligible for 10%.

Some customers have got lucky and found that all the items they've selected are indeed eligible for a higher level of Cashback. Others are disappointed to find that only the original item is eligible for 10%, while other items are eligible for only 3 or 4% - or for no Cashback at all.

The FAQ section, should be able to answer all of your questions:

http://www.bing.com …pages/faq.aspx?​FORM=R5FD3 (external link)

Points to be aware of:
You cannot use any coupons, discounts, gift cards, or gift certificates with your purchases through Bing cash back, (including cell phones as part of certain new service plans).

If you have a PayPal or Amazon Payments account to link to, you should receive your cash back faster than if you are reliant upon bank transfers or paper checks, which can take up to 3 additional weeks to process.

If you use a PayPal account you will be eligible for Bing's quick cash back program from some stores, which will enable you to avoid the usual waiting period.

Bing cash back does not work if you are using private browsing features for example in Private Browsing in Internet Explorer 8.

You may experience problems when new tabs or windows are opened, so it is important to stay on the page while you are shopping through Bing.

When a purchase is made by an Adorama customer, you will not receive an immediate email from Bing. This is because we do not charge your card until the item actually ships; the sale is, however, reported to Bing within 72 hours of shipment.

Bing then sends a confirmation email out to the Adorama customer, confirming the purchase.
Within the email are links that allow the customer to sign up for an account and receive their cash back. (I have included a sample below).

Customer funds will show PENDING for 30 days, representing a bit beyond our return policy, after which those funds become available.

If the orders were all placed through Bing then you will get your cash back on all of them that are eligible; it's fully automated.

The one thing that we at Adorama can't see is if your order was actually placed via Bing or not; that question would be for Bing.

SAMPLE enail from bing:
To: gmobile@hotmail.com (external link)
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 22:25:02 -0700
Subject: You've earned cashback from Bing

Hello, XXXX!

Thanks for searching, shopping and saving with Bing cash back, the search that pays you back!

From your recent purchases, you have earned cash back savings!

To view the details for this purchase or your other Bing cash back transactions, sign into your cash back account. We'll let you know when you can request your cashback reward!

You earned $1.36 from your Deep Discount purchase on 6/10/2009:

Details
cash back

Deep Discount
Unit price: $33.99
Quantity: 1
$1.36

For more information about Bing cash back, see the cash back FAQ or contact us.

Thanks,
The Bing cashback team

For more information on the BING program, please visit their website at: http://help.live.com …CONC_WLSearchCa​shback.htm (external link)

If you have any questions for Bing Customer Service, please use the following link:

https://support.cashba​ck.discoverbing.com/De​fault.aspx?mkt=en-us (external link)

to describe any problems you have with your order information; someone from Microsoft should contact you within 2-3 business days. You will be required to email your order confirmation email or screen shot of the receipt. (They will work directly with us, so you don't have to do anything further).

TSY87
637 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jan 11, 2010 09:15 |  #26

^^ my question is, on bing, it shows that the 5d mkII specifically has a 10% rebate deal, would this apply to the Kit as well? or is it only the body.

Myflickr (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,487 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 11, 2010 09:20 |  #27

TSY87 wrote in post #9370744 (external link)
^^ my question is, on bing, it shows that the 5d mkII specifically has a 10% rebate deal, would this apply to the Kit as well? or is it only the body.

It is on the BODY ONLY!

As I said above, when you go into the Adorama site from Bing Cashback to purchase an item that you have noted is eligible for, say, 10% Cashback it doesn't mean that everything purchased on that occasion is also eligible for 10% - only the item that you see as being at 10% when you enter from bing.

TSY87
637 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jan 11, 2010 10:22 |  #28

HelenOster wrote in post #9370765 (external link)
It is on the BODY ONLY!

As I said above, when you go into the Adorama site from Bing Cashback to purchase an item that you have noted is eligible for, say, 10% Cashback it doesn't mean that everything purchased on that occasion is also eligible for 10% - only the item that you see as being at 10% when you enter from bing.

hmmm well it shows that the kit is also 10%

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/jpeg'

so as long as THIS page shows that its 10%, then that is the CB we will be getting?

I also searched 50D and it showed 3% just to confirm this...

Im assuming whats confusing people is when you do a generic bing search, and adorama's link pops up it says "you can recieve UP TO 10%" is whats throwing people off.

Myflickr (external link)

Ball4
352 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jan 11, 2010 10:31 |  #29

Why not eliminate the confusion and state that the purchase is elgible for x% cashback at checkout like Sears does? Is this so difficult for Adorama and BH to do?

TSY87
637 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jan 11, 2010 10:56 |  #30

Ball4 wrote in post #9371128 (external link)
Why not eliminate the confusion and state that the purchase is elgible for x% cashback at checkout like Sears does? Is this so difficult for Adorama and BH to do?

exactly...

that would save so many... "i thought i was getting 10%, please cancel order" requests.

Myflickr (external link)

sponsored links

4,040 views & 0 likes for this thread
bing 10% cashback with Adorama?
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.