Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 08 Jan 2010 (Friday) 11:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My turn to be mad with Adorama

JayStar86
Goldmember
3,531 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jan 08, 2010 13:49 |  #16

man people are real whiners sometimes... give an honest business a break and stop posting on public forums over fits about something not arriving before it was even suppose to arrive.... its the holiday season with almost every reputable company in retail and shipping is backed up and busy.... if you want next day then pay for it.... nuff said.

---Jay---
Gear and Feedback
flikr (external link)

sponsored links
bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jan 08, 2010 14:02 |  #17

I'm not one to usually place a post like this, but when I see people discrediting a business (and a good one at that) before all the facts are in, I feel inclined to say something.

For starters, as others have said, the USPS is the worse option out there if you're concerned with getting your package by a particular date and their tracking system is absolutely terrible. I've seen their tracking engine say "notified for pick-up" after a package has been delivered to me, so you can't count on anything there. And on top of that, the post office can take anywhere from 2-10 days for delivery...with no rhyme or reason to their delivery times.

Next off, why wouldn't you wait to find out all of the details before coming on here and publicly bashing Adorama? What if they are not in the wrong? POTN is a quality website and it's a shame when it gets cluttered up with posts such as this (if they did nothing wrong) and the Adorama post that was unfairly posted a few days ago.

hungt23 wrote in post #9352252 (external link)
Like I said, hopefully it's an isolated incident.
Let's move on...

Move on? Kind sir, you started this thread. People are going to post replies.

ckfishel2001 wrote in post #9352616 (external link)
There's an Adorama rep that trolls this site too....Helen Oster I think is her name.

Helen does not "troll" around on POTN. She provides good information and customer service to POTN members. We are very fortunate to have representatives like her and Henry from B&H.

Back to the OP's situation. I really hope the grip arrives in time and I certainly understand your concern. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the USPS delivers it in time. All I kindly ask is that you wait until all of the facts are in before starting a thread such as this. It will help POTN readers differentiate between the really bad stores (such as Broadway Photo) and the really great ones such as Adorama and B&H.

Thanks and best of luck,
Bryan

My Gear List

thaking
Goldmember
1,358 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jan 08, 2010 14:13 |  #18

bps wrote in post #9352964 (external link)
I've seen their tracking engine say "notified for pick-up" after a package has been delivered to me, so you can't count on anything there.

this happens to me about 75% of the time when using USPS...why they even have a tracking system is beyond me...it almost NEVER works...

M3Rocket
580 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Jan 08, 2010 14:25 |  #19

You sir, are spot on! bw!

bps wrote in post #9352964 (external link)
I'm not one to usually place a post like this, but when I see people discrediting a business (and a good one at that) before all the facts are in, I feel inclined to say something.

For starters, as others have said, the USPS is the worse option out there if you're concerned with getting your package by a particular date and their tracking system is absolutely terrible. I've seen their tracking engine say "notified for pick-up" after a package has been delivered to me, so you can't count on anything there. And on top of that, the post office can take anywhere from 2-10 days for delivery...with no rhyme or reason to their delivery times.

Next off, why wouldn't you wait to find out all of the details before coming on here and publicly bashing Adorama? What if they are not in the wrong? POTN is a quality website and it's a shame when it gets cluttered up with posts such as this (if they did nothing wrong) and the Adorama post that was unfairly posted a few days ago.

Move on? Kind sir, you started this thread. People are going to post replies.

Helen does not "troll" around on POTN. She provides good information and customer service to POTN members. We are very fortunate to have representatives like her and Henry from B&H.

Back to the OP's situation. I really hope the grip arrives in time and I certainly understand your concern. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the USPS delivers it in time. All I kindly ask is that you wait until all of the facts are in before starting a thread such as this. It will help POTN readers differentiate between the really bad stores (such as Broadway Photo) and the really great ones such as Adorama and B&H.

Thanks and best of luck,
Bryan

iLUKphotography (external link)

mhj202
350 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 08, 2010 14:27 |  #20

thaking wrote in post #9353028 (external link)
this happens to me about 75% of the time when using USPS...why they even have a tracking system is beyond me...it almost NEVER works...

Well, I think that's the rub. For USPS, it isn't really a tracking system unless it's an overnight package. For priority and others, it's actually a "delivery confirmation" system and I think the number provided is called a Delivery Confirmation number. The only supposedly guaranteed event that is logged is the actual delivery.

That having been said, I have received packages while the delivery confirmation system still registers blank for days after.

Canon 6D | Canon 50D | Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L | Canon 24-105mm f/4 L IS | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Canon 580 EX II

TBG_Dad
120 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jan 08, 2010 14:29 |  #21

hungt23 wrote in post #9351765 (external link)
My brother ordered a BG-E2N grip at Adorama on 12/30/09. The status on its website says that it was shipped on 12/30/09. He just now checked the tracking number on the usps website and it said that "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 8, 2010 to expect your package for mailing".
He called Adorama and they said he should received it on Monday but I doubt that he will get it by then. He is getting married January 16 so he needs the grip asap.
I just think that this is ridiculous that Adorama let something like this happen.

By the way, because he had been busy with his wedding plans, he had not been checking on his order regularly to realized that Adorama messed up. I guessed he trusted them too much.

I like Adorama's service and have had no problems with delivery from them. If you are going to have an instant gratification attitude and having the item is so important, maybe next time you could put down a few bucks more and have it shipped FedEx or UPS. Just a thought.

hungt23
THREAD ­ STARTER
94 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jan 08, 2010 14:30 |  #22

Sorry to all. I should have kept my opinion to myself. I didn't know I was "bashing Adorama".
My bad.

WinMan
144 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 08, 2010 17:47 |  #23

why not just call adorama and get a story from them? It is widely known that USPS blows with regard to tracking.

20Dgrappler
88 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jan 08, 2010 21:15 |  #24

Keep your fingers crossed. I have had at least two items shipped via USPS with tracking numbers which arrived at my door while still showing only the status that you are citing. USPS tracking is not on a par with what you may be used to from Fedex and UPS.

50d, 70-200 2.8L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 85 1.8 USM, 17-85 IS EF-S, 50 1.8, 430EX.

TheSonofDarwin
619 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Jan 09, 2010 07:36 as a reply to  @ 20Dgrappler's post |  #25

As others have said, USPS tracking is horrid. They should save some energy and just shut the thing down. Delivered items won't show up as delivered until days after the fact and you are lucky if you get any more info than Being Processed and skipped right to Delivered. Secondly, USPS is completely unreliable. This everyone knows. You can send two identical packages via the same shipping method from the same location at the same time and they'll arrive days apart (that's including the 4-21 day shipping times). Anything I "need" will be shipped another, faster method - perhaps by camelback. If I'm looking to buy something for my child's high school graduation, USPS will be fine (note, I'm single and without child).

-Justin (external link)

hungt23
THREAD ­ STARTER
94 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jan 09, 2010 10:16 |  #26

Latest Update:
This is what the USPS webside indicates on this item:
Detailed Results:
-Arrival at Post Office, January 08, 2010, 1:06 pm, HOUSTON, TX 77072 (this was updated today)
-Electronic Shipping Info Received, January 08, 2010 (this was from yesterday)

This tells me that what you guys had been saying, the usps tracking is bad. I should have waited before blasting Adorama.
To Adorama, I apologized for this post.

crn3371
Cream of the Crop
7,198 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Jan 09, 2010 13:03 |  #27

hungt23 wrote in post #9358111 (external link)
This tells me that what you guys had been saying, the usps tracking is bad. I should have waited before blasting Adorama.
To Adorama, I apologized for this post.

Thanks for the update, and thanks for being able to admit you made a mistake.

hungt23
THREAD ­ STARTER
94 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jan 09, 2010 14:07 |  #28

As if I don't feel bad enough already, my brother called and told me he just received the package.
I think I'll go hide under a rock for a while...
Sorry to all.

thaking
Goldmember
1,358 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jan 09, 2010 14:28 |  #29

hey, no problem at all...we all have made mistakes...we live and learn...the two biggest lessons here: 1) contact the source directly if there are any questions, and 2) usps tracking website is not useful for tracking, only delivery notifications...

glad it all worked out for ya in the end...

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jan 09, 2010 15:18 |  #30

hungt23 wrote in post #9359424 (external link)
As if I don't feel bad enough already, my brother called and told me he just received the package.
I think I'll go hide under a rock for a while...
Sorry to all.

Hey, now worries. If you want, you could always ask the mods if they'll delete this thread altogether.

Bryan

My Gear List

sponsored links

2,402 views & 0 likes for this thread
My turn to be mad with Adorama
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.