Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos HDR Creation 
Thread started 09 Jan 2010 (Saturday) 22:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Why do I post so many sunsets:-)

Kevin
Cream of the Crop
5,920 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jan 09, 2010 22:35 |  #1

This was 5-1 stop exposures starting at -1 stop on center exposure. During CS4 workflow I masked back specific areas of 3 of the exposures. Taken with 1D MkIII and TS-E 24mm Tilt-Shift.

IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2700/4260529493_58d5cb30d6_b.jpg

sponsored links
BMWRINO
155 posts
Joined Nov 2009
Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37° 16.837, Longitude W 121° 50.461

Jan 09, 2010 23:47 |  #2

nice work... keep them coming!

Canon 70D | Canon 50mm f/1.2L | Canon 430EX II | Canon Powershot G10

rw2
Goldmember
4,201 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jan 10, 2010 07:36 |  #3

Super shot with great PP.

If you're afraid of failure ... you'll never succeed!
Rob

joe9047
375 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Oct 2008

Jan 10, 2010 07:46 as a reply to  @ rw2's post |  #4

Thanks for posting. I needed to get away. The temperature is 1 degree (fahrenheit) here :)

Joe
Gear

Gary ­ McDuffie
Goldmember
3,022 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jan 10, 2010 14:53 |  #5

'Cuz you do such a good job with them! Is the horizon a little off on this one? May be just an illusion caused by the other odd angles.

Gary
"I'm not much of an artist, but I like to document certain things that I see."
----------
5DII, 7D, some L, Manfroto one and three legged devices, shooting & learning bit by bit via POTN

Lantz
992 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jan 10, 2010 15:45 as a reply to  @ Gary McDuffie's post |  #6

Wonderful Kevin!

When you say "masked back specific areas" what exactly do you mean by this? I assume you masked (removed) portions of that image. pardon my question but I am new to all this and really appreciate your help :)

Kevin
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,920 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jan 10, 2010 16:50 |  #7

Gary McDuffie wrote in post #9365894 (external link)
'Cuz you do such a good job with them! Is the horizon a little off on this one? May be just an illusion caused by the other odd angles.

Lantz wrote in post #9366201 (external link)
Wonderful Kevin!
I think it's an illusion Gary, at least hope so, I use a spirit level always and keep the bubble in the middle.

When you say "masked back specific areas" what exactly do you mean by this? I assume you masked (removed) portions of that image. pardon my question but I am new to all this and really appreciate your help :)

What I will do is to bring into the image one of the other exposures, apply a mask, either show all or hide all depending on what I want to show. If the mask is a hide all mask then I use a white brush to expose the areas I want to show in the working image. Example; the backs of the chairs were a tad darker than I wanted so by bringing in the +1 exposure and adding a hide all layer I could brush in the backs of the chairs and lighten them to what I wanted. If you want a lot of control over your brush lower the opacity. All these adjustments are small adjustments so as not to change the tonal effect of the working image.

Lantz
992 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jan 10, 2010 17:22 |  #8

Kevin wrote in post #9366574 (external link)
What I will do is to bring into the image one of the other exposures, apply a mask, either show all or hide all depending on what I want to show. If the mask is a hide all mask then I use a white brush to expose the areas I want to show in the working image. Example; the backs of the chairs were a tad darker than I wanted so by bringing in the +1 exposure and adding a hide all layer I could brush in the backs of the chairs and lighten them to what I wanted. If you want a lot of control over your brush lower the opacity. All these adjustments are small adjustments so as not to change the tonal effect of the working image.

Thanks Kevin!

sponsored links

1,337 views & 0 likes for this thread
Why do I post so many sunsets:-)
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos HDR Creation 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.