Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 11 Jan 2010 (Monday) 13:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How long does it take for your Flickr...

Gone ­ Boating
33 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 11, 2010 13:14 |  #1

Photos to come up in a search after you've uploaded them? I uploaded roughly 20 on Jan 3, and they still aren't coming up when I search for them. This is WITH a Pro account. :mad:

Flickr (external link)
Rebel XSi, 18-55mm EF-S IS, 55-250mm EF-S IS, 50mm EF 1.8, 055XPROB/488RC2

sponsored links
gjl711
"spouting off stupid things"
55,726 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jan 11, 2010 13:16 |  #2

What do you mean, come up? In Flickr? They should be viewable moments after uploading.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

Gone ­ Boating
THREAD ­ STARTER
33 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 11, 2010 13:17 |  #3

gjl711 wrote in post #9372169 (external link)
What do you mean, come up? In Flickr? They should be viewable moments after uploading.

When you go to the search box -- whether or not you're logged in -- and try to search for them as someone else would. They don't show up.

Flickr (external link)

gjl711
55,726 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jan 11, 2010 13:21 |  #4

I just tried to search for some of mine and had no problem other than some have over 150,000 other pics with the same name. :)

What exactly are you putting in the search string? I can try to search for your pic.

Gone ­ Boating
THREAD ­ STARTER
33 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 11, 2010 13:29 as a reply to  @ gjl711's post |  #5

I'm really just looking for any of the pics to show up in a search.
Three names that come to mind, as ones that are exclusives or one of few on Flickr would be some of the drag racing pictures I have. I've tried both the text search and tag search.. Still nothing
Ron Bizio
Zieminick
Nick DiFeo

All three SHOULD come up with my pics, user name goneboating. I've tried it on different internet browsers, on different computers, on my blackberry -- they still don't come up. Everything is selected so that they should show up in a search, and Flickr help, has been of no help whatsoever.

Thanks for trying it for me. I'm quite disappointed, especially considering I upgraded to a pro account.

Flickr (external link)

gjl711
55,726 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jan 11, 2010 14:15 |  #6

Gone Boating wrote in post #9372222 (external link)
Ron Bizio
Zieminick
Nick DiFeo.

Bizio comes up with several users. Goneboating hit you as well. DiFeo also has a few users. I got nothing on Zieminich or if the full name is used.

krb
Cream of the Crop
8,818 posts
Joined Jun 2008
Location: Where southern efficiency and northern charm come together

Jan 11, 2010 14:23 |  #7

flickr's search has always sucked

what's odd is that if I do a normal google search for Zieminick Brothers Anglia your page is near the top but I don't see it at all with a google image search

-- Ken
Comment and critique is always appreciated!
Flickr (external link)
Gear list

Gone ­ Boating
THREAD ­ STARTER
33 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 11, 2010 16:55 as a reply to  @ krb's post |  #8

I did notice stuff popping up on a regular google search. And if Flickr's search has always sucked, well, I guess I'd rather have the stuff showing up under a regular google search. Thanks guys. :cool:

Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

1,090 views & 0 likes for this thread
How long does it take for your Flickr...
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.