Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 12 Oct 2009 (Monday) 05:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How to get such effect in wedding photography

doovade
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
17 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 23, 2009 03:30 |  #31

blssdwlf wrote in post #8862350 (external link)
One more :)

How have you done that one??
It looks preety nice;)

blssdwlf
543 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Oct 24, 2009 06:28 |  #32

doovade wrote in post #8877970 (external link)
How have you done that one??
It looks preety nice;)

1. I took the 1st version into photoshop.
  2. Duplicated layer.
  3. On bottom layer, applied a Level adjustment to darken it.
  4. On top layer, applied a mask.
  5. Filled mask to completely see bottom layer (which is darker).
  6. And then using a large fuzzy brush painted back in the foreground elements.
Basically I just darkened the background elements to not compete as much with her face in the mirror.

I can post up a screenshot of the layers setup if you need it.

EDIT:

Oh, forgot to mention. For the starting point I used Canon's DPP to process the RAW.

RAW Tab:
Picture Style: Standard
Contrast: 0
Highlight: 0
Shadow: 0
Color Tone: 0
Saturation: 0
Sharpness: 3
Brightness Adjustment: 0.5
White Balance Adjustment: Clicked on white part of curtain on left side until I found something I liked.
Dynamic range adjustment: slid left edge (black point) to the middle until I can see the left and right sides start to clip in the shadows.

RGB Tab
Tone curve adjustment: grabbed the middle and pulled it down to saturate the face more. Near the bottom of the curve, pulled it down just a tiny bit.

Regards,
Peter
--= gear: 400D / 17-50 / 55-250 / nifty-50 / flash / etc =--

Ichiban
762 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jan 12, 2010 08:46 |  #33

do you have acr? wanna do the raw tab in acr? :D

Website (external link)
flickr (external link)

blssdwlf
543 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jan 13, 2010 01:45 |  #34

Ichiban wrote in post #9378018 (external link)
do you have acr? wanna do the raw tab in acr? :D

It's not that much different to process before taking it into PS. In ACR, start on your defaults, 50/5/25, click white balance and then bump up the exposure a little and then adjust the Blacks to where they clip in the shadows. Adjust the curve to bring more saturation to the face, etc. (ACR has alot more controls and you can arrive at the same look/histogram a couple of different ways so I suggest some experimenting.) I have CS3 so I can't comment on any new features in CS4.

Regards,
Peter
--= gear: 400D / 17-50 / 55-250 / nifty-50 / flash / etc =--

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

6,040 views & 0 likes for this thread
How to get such effect in wedding photography
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.