Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 15 Jan 2010 (Friday) 12:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Website program

TraceyS
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jan 15, 2010 12:26 |  #1

I am looking to create a website, and came across a few different ones like the following

http://momentsbyalli.c​om/index2.php?v=v1#/ho​me/ (external link)

Does anyone know what website program this is?

Thanks!

sponsored links
Mark1
Cream of the Crop
6,725 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jan 15, 2010 12:31 |  #2

It would be in Flash. But, I don't think that is really your question. Can you restate your question a bit more clear?

www.darkslisemag.com (external link)

TraceyS
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jan 15, 2010 12:44 |  #3

I know its flash, but there must be a program that you can download to create your own version of the site...

StanNJ1
Goldmember
1,748 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Oct 2006

Jan 15, 2010 13:58 |  #4

Flashpalette.com has a bunch of templates but I'm not sure if this was one of them

1DX, ID MKIII, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L, 16-35 2.8L, 100 macro, 600EX-RTs, ST-E3-RT, Einsteins, Kacey Beauty Dish with a cracked grid, yada yada
www.stansphotos.com (external link)
www.Facebook.com/LikeS​tansPhotos (external link)

Hikin ­ Mike
Walkin' Like a Penguin Now!
6,354 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Jan 15, 2010 14:29 |  #5

TraceyS wrote in post #9399461 (external link)
I am looking to create a website, and came across a few different ones like the following

http://momentsbyalli.c​om/index2.php?v=v1#/ho​me/ (external link)

Does anyone know what website program this is?

Thanks!

You could e-mail her and ask....;)

Images in the Backcountry (external link)
Canon 5D 17-40 Ճ/4L 300 Ճ/4L IS 70-200 Ճ/4L 50 Ճ/1.8 1.4x TC Օ Kenko Ext. Tubes

sapearl
Cream of the Crop
16,308 posts
Gallery: 149 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 15, 2010 14:30 |  #6

Hi Tracey and welcome to POTN. I don't know what program that is, and will need to defer to those with more experience. But keep in mind that if you want to create a site that has good visibility and "searchability" on the web make sure that it is NOT done entirely in flash.

Flash components and/or plug-ins on a site are ok so long as they are surrounded by good searchable text, labels, tags and other related info. Flash cannot be searched in this manner though. Will this be a site for Wedding/event sales, or a gallery to feature your work? Here are some recent discussion threads you might find useful, courtesy of your local search function :D :

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=656288

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=810969

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=793272

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=808611

- Stu

GEAR LIST
MY WEBSITE (external link)- MY GALLERIES (external link)- MY BLOG (external link)
Artists Archives of the Western Reserve (external link) - Board

cdwise
90 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jan 15, 2010 17:17 |  #7

Personally I left that site as soon as I discovered there was no mute button easily found.

Cheryl D Wise
http://by-expression.com (external link)
Canon Rebel T1i

jaykilgore
685 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jan 15, 2010 18:17 |  #8

Flashpalette.com has multiple sites like it and if you go with them, shoot Shannon an email and tell her "Jay sent me" she'll give you either 10 or 20% off.

Thanks,
Jay

My blog! (external link) | Glamour Model Magazine  (external link)

Mark1
Cream of the Crop
6,725 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jan 15, 2010 19:59 |  #9

You need Adobe Flash to create flash content. There are a few other programs but I dont think any are as good as Flash. You can get templates as mentioned, but you need a combination of Flash and Dreamwever to edit most them.

www.darkslisemag.com (external link)

jaykilgore
685 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jan 15, 2010 21:18 |  #10

Mark,

If the OP goes with Flash Palette, they won't need to get flash or dreamweaver to edit them. You will need to have the most current version of Adobe AIR, but that is free.

Flash Palette allows you to download a site, complete it fully so you can see what it looks like, before you buy it. http://www.flashpalett​e.com/website/ (external link) go there and give it a try.

Nistelrooydude
Goldmember
1,495 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jan 16, 2010 12:12 as a reply to  @ jaykilgore's post |  #11

That looks an awful lot like a bludomain site to me. You might want to click around here: www.bludomain.com (external link)

pickupman92
698 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jan 17, 2010 02:34 |  #12

cdwise wrote in post #9401276 (external link)
Personally I left that site as soon as I discovered there was no mute button easily found.

I did the exact same thing. I hate flash sites and I hate auto music.

-Quentin
400D | 50mm 1.8 mkI |17-85 USM IS | Opteka Fish-Eye |Canon 200EG Backpack | SLIK U212 Tripod | Point & Shoot - SD400 | DicaPac Underwater Case for SD400
Southern Exposure Photography (external link)

kona77
Goldmember
1,637 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Jan 18, 2010 20:04 |  #13

jaykilgore wrote in post #9401587 (external link)
Flashpalette.com has multiple sites like it and if you go with them, shoot Shannon an email and tell her "Jay sent me" she'll give you either 10 or 20% off.

Thanks,
Jay

Thanks a bunch, calling them tomorrow.:lol:

Proud father of a 10 year old son with Down Syndrome.

WeddingPhotographer
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jan 19, 2010 06:44 |  #14

I would also stay away from pure flash sites, search engines don't crawl the properly and they are known to put people off. I'd go with an html site with flash galleries, is much more user and search engine friendly...

Wedding Photographer London (external link)
Web Designer Surrey (external link)

jaykilgore
685 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jan 20, 2010 17:05 |  #15

WP,

I agree, but not fully.

Flash sites, or at least flashpalette, has come a long ways. They now have meta info as well as keywords. They are also set up so that you can put an html page as the intro and there, you can put everything you need for search engines.

Great choices people have now days. Want something quick and painless? flash site. Want something that's highly customizable? html/coded page all the way.

sponsored links

4,413 views & 0 likes for this thread
Website program
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.