Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 03 Dec 2008 (Wednesday) 08:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-=1DS Mark II Admirers, congregate!

this thread is locked
SlvrScoobie
169 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 01, 2010 18:45 |  #3991

raven4ns wrote in post #9519389 (external link)
I searched the thread about batteries and found that Lenmar, Delkin and Canon of course were/are the batteries to use because of fit. While the Lenmar/Delkin are cheaper what about the fit? Most of the posts about batteries was 2008 and before, has there been a clear winner regarding 3rd party batteries or is it better to just bite the bullet and get Canon? Thank you.

Tim

I bought 2 lenmars from amzon - and they are awesome! Hold a charge similar to what a 2 battery, battery grip on the 40D will (1000+ photos)
and the fit is perfect. for only 36$ Im thinking of getting another to replace the aging canon one that mine came with and have 2 Good batteries rather than 1 good and one OK.

sponsored links
sonnyc
Cream of the Crop
5,160 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Feb 01, 2010 19:10 |  #3992

Use the endcap of your old Canon battery for the Lenmar or Delkin batteries. The little flip/tab on 3rd party batteries don't stay up well.

Sonny
website (external link)|Gear List

inthedeck
Cream of the Crop
11,575 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Feb 01, 2010 19:20 |  #3993

Nice shot D. Same to you, ZZ. Interesting lens, will await more pics, to see how it delivers. ;)

I figure with Canon batteries, at least you have piece of mind that they seal the camera completely. I don't really know of any others that will, but, for the few extra that it costs, I'd take another Canon battery. ;) That's just me, though.

MCSquared Photography (external link) on WWW
MCSquared Photography (external link) on Flickr
MCSquared Photography (external link) on IG
My name: Manish.

SlvrScoobie
169 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 01, 2010 19:33 |  #3994

4x4rock wrote in post #9520945 (external link)
Use the endcap of your old Canon battery for the Lenmar or Delkin batteries. The little flip/tab on 3rd party batteries don't stay up well.

I Disagree - both of mine are VERY tight fits, and have no issues with the tab falling.
Also - its not like Canon would replace the camera if the battery gets wet and shorts out, just cause you used a canon battery.
the seal on the Lenmar looks Better (thicker rubber used, seals tighter when I twist the lock)

M3Rocket
580 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 01, 2010 20:09 |  #3995

4x4rock wrote in post #9520945 (external link)

That's not true of the latest Delkin's. They switched "end-cap" suppliers, and eliminated the two step mambo for releasing the batteries. The flip tabs on both of my newer Delkin's stay up just fine.

The Delkins are 2300 mAh, and last way longer than the 1800 mAh Canon ones. Don't know about the capacity on the Lenmars. Can someone with a Lenmar tell us what it is?

iLUKphotography (external link)

sonnyc
Cream of the Crop
5,160 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Feb 01, 2010 20:25 |  #3996

That's good to know. The last 3rd batteries I had for the 1D MKII were Lenmar and Diamonds and the flap didn't stay up. Kodos to Delkin to make this minor but hella annoying improvement.

Sonny
website (external link)|Gear List

SlvrScoobie
169 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 01, 2010 20:39 |  #3997

The Lenmar I have is listed as 1800mah, course it is HALF the price :)

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Feb 01, 2010 21:51 |  #3998

inthedeck wrote in post #9521013 (external link)
I figure with Canon batteries, at least you have piece of mind that they seal the camera completely. I don't really know of any others that will, but, for the few extra that it costs, I'd take another Canon battery. ;) That's just me, though.

Me too. ;)

I recently bought a Canon battery for mine and it's been great! Out for a couple hours in below-freezing temps and it held up for the whole shoot without having to swap it out due to the cold. When I got mine from B&H, I had to wait several weeks for them to get stock as they were sold out. This was good in that I knew I got a super fresh one and the peace of mind knowing I could depend on it...that's worth the extra cost to me.

Cheers!

GEAR LIST l WEBSITE (external link)

sheawyatt
Goldmember
1,406 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 01, 2010 23:16 |  #3999

Nice to see this thread is propagating and gathering new members!!

Just noticed that I reached 1000 posts! Took me over 4 years to do it, but I'm now a Senior Member. Lol, what a trip. Hopefully I'll have some post-1000 celebratory 1DsII images soon, been too busy to shoot lately but I might make an extra effort to get out in order to mark the occasion.

Cheers all!!

X-T3 | 10-24 f/4 | 18-55 f/2.8-4 | 16 f/1.4 | 80 f/2.8 Macro | 55-200 f/3.5-4.8 | 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 | 1.4x TC |
Marketplace Feedback: Link
www.sheawyatt.ca (external link)

zincozinco
-Followers of Fidget-
4,420 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 02, 2010 02:13 |  #4000

raven4ns wrote in post #9519389 (external link)
I searched the thread about batteries and found that Lenmar, Delkin and Canon of course were/are the batteries to use because of fit. While the Lenmar/Delkin are cheaper what about the fit? Most of the posts about batteries was 2008 and before, has there been a clear winner regarding 3rd party batteries or is it better to just bite the bullet and get Canon? Thank you.

Tim

id get the delkin or lenmar, I have not noticed any difference in shots to be honest, I used to have the 1dmk2 aswell and was shooting alot with both on events.

Living the life, overexposing...
Web (external link), Blog (external link) Name: Mike, Maik, Micke or just zinco.

zincozinco
-Followers of Fidget-
4,420 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 02, 2010 02:14 |  #4001

dlintz wrote in post #9519528 (external link)
I got my ZE 2/35 last week. It's built like a tank and focuses so smoothly. My MF skills will be tested chasing our new puppy around. My wife with our Britanny Spaniel/Black Lab mix named Libby. Didn't quite nail the focus on the eyes but this was f/2, 1/20 sec. handheld, ISO 800.

QUOTED IMAGE

d.

beautiful!! i really enjoy these lenses esp on the 1 series body all metal and heavy but smooth as silk.

Living the life, overexposing...
Web (external link), Blog (external link) Name: Mike, Maik, Micke or just zinco.

raven4ns
169 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2006

Feb 02, 2010 06:14 |  #4002

Thanks everyone for the battery suggestions. My one concern is the fit of 3rd party batteries. As someone suggested, paying the extra for a Canon battery seems like cheap insurance especially for me as I don't shoot a lot of images. At the moment I have 2 Canon batteries but may add a third after I see how these batteries take a charge. Thanks again.

Tim

Tim
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/44673530@N04/ (external link)
The measure of a man is not how many times he gets knocked down..but how many times he gets back up.

TheHoff
THREAD ­ STARTER
Don't Hassle....
8,804 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 02, 2010 07:46 |  #4003

raven4ns wrote in post #9523802 (external link)
Thanks everyone for the battery suggestions. My one concern is the fit of 3rd party batteries. As someone suggested, paying the extra for a Canon battery seems like cheap insurance especially for me as I don't shoot a lot of images. At the moment I have 2 Canon batteries but may add a third after I see how these batteries take a charge. Thanks again.

Tim

One good battery saving tip is to turn Review off. That way the last image doesn't flash up on the screen after every shutter sequence. The screen is a huge battery draw and you'll get many more shots if you use it less.

••Vancouver Wedding Photographer  (external link)••| [gear list] | Latest blog: 5 steps to stopping image loss (external link)

airbutchie
Not too crunchy
12,931 posts
Gallery: 302 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Oct 2006

Feb 02, 2010 19:29 as a reply to  @ post 9519528 |  #4004

I still can't figure out how to process a full moon... DAMN IT!!! Anyone have guidance or any references to properly post process a full moon? Below is my sample...

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

HELP!!!

- airbutchie :confused::mad::cry:

Hi. My name is Butch...
Complete Gear List | Flickr Vault (external link) | Instagram (external link)

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Feb 02, 2010 21:37 |  #4005

airbutchie wrote in post #9528402 (external link)
I still can't figure out how to process a full moon... DAMN IT!!! Anyone have guidance or any references to properly post process a full moon? Below is my sample...

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

HELP!!!

- airbutchie :confused::mad::cry:

Did you take that picture?

If so, looks pretty good to me!

What issues are you having in post?

Cheers!

GEAR LIST l WEBSITE (external link)

sponsored links

1,327,058 views & 0 likes for this thread
-=1DS Mark II Admirers, congregate!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.