Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 05 Feb 2010 (Friday) 22:19
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

RF-602

PhotosByEric
Goldmember
1,060 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Feb 05, 2010 22:19 |  #1

I'm looking at ordering one of the rf-602's. I have a 30D, 580exI and 430exI(on the way).

Would this be the one I need to fire both flashes wirelessly?

http://cgi.ebay.com …ain_0?hash=item​23051ff296 (external link)

Thanks for any input!!!!

Eric

www.photosbyeric.smugm​ug.com (external link)
Canon 30D, Canon 15-85, Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon 60 2.8 macro, 580exI, 430exI, st-e2, and a wish list a mile long:lol:

DreamCrushers in POTN FF

shaftmaster
Goldmember
1,429 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 05, 2010 22:28 |  #2

That will work fine but you can get 2 transmitters and 2 receivers for about the same price. Having two transmitters allows you to remotely trigger the shutter and flash, plus it's a good idea to have a backup transmitter. All of the Canon triggers are the same except the shutter release cable is different for the Rebel bodies.

Also, don't forget that bing cashback is currently 10% for eBay as long as you buy-it-now with paypal.

Paul

Gear -- Flickr (external link)

jeromego
Goldmember
3,907 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jun 2008

Feb 05, 2010 22:29 |  #3

yes, that would be the one. But you'll need a receiver for each flash.

Jerome
Gear List
Canon CPS Member
www.lightsandimages.co​m (external link)
facebook (external link)

Stuart ­ Leslie
611 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Feb 06, 2010 15:19 |  #4

I don't think that is the right one for your 30D
I think your remote shutter connector is different than the 40D etc. from the listing you are looking at. I think if you want to use the remote shutter function you need to get this one to have the proper cable:

http://cgi.ebay.com …ain_0?hash=item​2a0471bb70 (external link)

Gear: Canon 5D III, 5D and 7D | 300 f/2.8L IS | 70-200 f/2.8L IS | 85 f/1.8 | 17-55 f/2.8 [COLOR=navy]| 24-105 f/4L | 10-22 | Zeiss 35 f/2 | TS-E 24II | Alienbees
SmugMug Gallery (external link)
Model Mayhem (external link)

Jigglypuff
101 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 06, 2010 15:26 |  #5

Stuart Leslie wrote in post #9555065 (external link)
I don't think that is the right one for your 30D
I think your remote shutter connector is different than the 40D etc. from the listing you are looking at. I think if you want to use the remote shutter function you need to get this one to have the proper cable:

http://cgi.ebay.com …ain_0?hash=item​2a0471bb70 (external link)

I'm going to have to disagree. I bought one that was advertised for 50D's, and it fits my 30D just fine. That leads me to believe all the xxD's share the same connector.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

590 views & 0 likes for this thread
RF-602
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.