Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions 
Thread started 08 Feb 2010 (Monday) 08:17
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Before & After #256

Kendoway
Cropped and Creamed
3,793 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 10, 2010 08:46 |  #16

I was originally going to do a homage to the late great Art Frahm, who made the panty fetish popular and fashionable well before it's time.

http://www.lileks.com/​institute/frahm/ (external link) (yes, it's safe for work :))

I thought it would be fun to dangle some panties off of her right leg, and then see if I could somehow add in a grocery bag with celery (you cannot have an Art Frahm homage without celery!). It was simply too daunting of a task, and I was unable to find any "dangling panties" photos that I could use - but boy did I have fun searching for them! :lol:

Instead I went with this, and had a lot of fun.

It's a basic cut out and flip of the high res, then desaturation - high pass filter, some grain, curves levels. The smoke and cigarette were added later with various levels of opacity and masking - and then I felt like throwing on a dry brush filter (I actually can't remember which one).

BTW - Love your treatment Lore, it almost looks like an Art Frahm!

IMAGE: http://i46.tinypic.com/ih5xzt.jpg

☼ Christian D.
"Ask someone who’s running out of a burning home what they’ll grab. Nine times out of 10, it’s the photo album".
- Scott Bourne
Website (external link)
| FaceBook (external link)

sponsored links
Palladium
Goldmember
3,905 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 10, 2010 13:53 as a reply to  @ Kendoway's post |  #17

I wanted to post mine last because I didn't want to show my car color change too early in the competition and have others copy the idea but I have to go out tonight so here it is.

Great Image to start with but I tried to change up the overall feel of the image to an early evening scene with the subject kinda popping off the page.

I changed up the car's color (replace color tool in PS)
I bumped up the white dress, shoes, hair ribbon
Softened the skin and bumped up the eye whites

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

Here's a B&W conversion of my above edit ;)
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

BitterSweet
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,253 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Feb 11, 2010 01:46 |  #18

Sorry this was so late but this was kind of hard I loved all the edits so sadly had to pick at each of them to get a winner so if the review seems a bit picky I'm so so sorry but that was the only way I could find something wrong :)

Kolor-Pikker : Loved the pop art them you did with the photo but wished you did a bit on her not just the background.

Lore: Like the treatment you gave the photo alot very pinup :) Not sure what happened with her eyeshadow and lips though.

Sandstrom
: Great job on the clarity of the photo. Her dress and the car look fantastic but her skin could have been a bit darker or peachier.

Deathcake
- Yours came out extremely close to the orginal edit I did the only problem I see with yours is the dress is a bit blown out.

Chrisa
: I hope you don't take this the wrong way (because it's not bad) but the first thing I thought when I saw your photos was old horror movies :) the treatment to the photo is great.

reisset: Great sepia tone but could have been sharper.

Vicious Circle
: Nice job on the colors :) the only problem I found with yours is her eyes seem a bit off around them. Probably just me lol

VBengland
: I really like your edit the sharpness is perfect but would have like to she the one side of her face a bit brighter.

Kendoway: Wow you did something completely different :) Awesome as always. Oh btw we were thinking of doing the whole panties thing during the shoot but didn't because none of us seem to understand the point lol We just talked for about 10 minutes trying to figure out why the did pinup photos like that :)

Palladium: Great job on the sharpness (awesome) and I like how you changed the mood of the photo and color of the car. Not sure though about how the back end of the car is a purple color instead of blue.

Again this was very hard for me to pick a winner but yeah. The winner is Kendoway!!!!!!. Everyone did such an amazing job but I just keep coming back to yours and keep thinking why didn't I do that during the shoot lol.

Again great job everyone can't wait to see the next B&A Kendoway :)

Oh also here is a link to my edit

http://www.modelmayhem​.com/portfolio/pic/137​72019 (external link)

Tracey McCloskey
www.Bitter-Sweet-Photography.com (external link)
Model Mayhem Link http://www.modelmayhem​.com/bittersweetphotog​raphy (external link)

Lore
Damn I failed the goat
2,961 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Aug 2008

Feb 11, 2010 12:18 as a reply to  @ BitterSweet's post |  #19

Congrats Chris & welcome back to B&A ;)

Tracey I am a huge fan of all your other 60's style photos. They are fantastic.

Lore
flickr (external link) - Website (external link) - Blography (external link)
"Every photograph tells a story, What's your story?"

NigelD
I'm waiting....
6,662 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 11, 2010 13:25 |  #20

Well done Chris - good re-work.

Nigel
http://nigeldaltonphot​ography.com/ (external link)

Kendoway
Cropped and Creamed
3,793 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 11, 2010 14:12 |  #21

BitterSweet wrote in post #9586940 (external link)
Kendoway: Wow you did something completely different :) Awesome as always. Oh btw we were thinking of doing the whole panties thing during the shoot but didn't because none of us seem to understand the point lol We just talked for about 10 minutes trying to figure out why the did pinup photos like that :)

Palladium: Great job on the sharpness (awesome) and I like how you changed the mood of the photo and color of the car. Not sure though about how the back end of the car is a purple color instead of blue.

Again this was very hard for me to pick a winner but yeah. The winner is Kendoway!!!!!!. Everyone did such an amazing job but I just keep coming back to yours and keep thinking why didn't I do that during the shoot lol.

Again great job everyone can't wait to see the next B&A Kendoway :)

Wow - thanks a million Tracey, and I'm stunned to be the winner. It's a great photo straight out of the camera IMHO, and the make-overs were awesome. It's almost impossible to judge these sorts of competitions.

Lore wrote in post #9589416 (external link)
Congrats Chris & welcome back to B&A ;)

Thanks Lore! I LOVED your makeover and was secretly hoping you would win. I love the style!

NigelD wrote in post #9589910 (external link)
Well done Chris - good re-work.

Thanks very much Nigel - greatly appreciated. Hey, I like your new avatar!

I should have new one up soon, and will post the link here.

☼ Christian D.
"Ask someone who’s running out of a burning home what they’ll grab. Nine times out of 10, it’s the photo album".
- Scott Bourne
Website (external link)

Kendoway
Cropped and Creamed
3,793 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 11, 2010 14:50 |  #22

257 is up - have fun!

https://photography-on-the.net …php?p=9590522#p​ost9590522

☼ Christian D.
- Scott Bourne
Website (external link)

sponsored links

3,905 views & 0 likes for this thread
Before & After #256
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.