Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 25 Nov 2007 (Sunday) 18:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Anyone play Call of Duty 4?

reddyroc007
809 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Feb 02, 2010 18:29 |  #571

i swear there was a recent post (like today) just before my last and now its gone, hmmm. Anyway maybe one of these days i'll pop in cod4 and remininsce on the days of old :)

chris :cool:
gear: 450D w/kung-fu grip, 18-55mm IS, 50mm 1.8, 100-300L, 24-70L, Rokinon 8mm fisheye, 580EXII
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Citizensmith
Cream of the Crop
6,386 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2004

Feb 03, 2010 21:53 |  #572

Still playing CoD5 as the favorite in our group. The gun levels are particularly hilarious.

Aside from that though, who else has played Arkham Asylum. Great game, and on a PC with PhysX running on high it looked fantastic.

My POTN Gallery, Complete gear list,
Tradition - Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

RyanGSams
454 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Feb 09, 2010 19:30 |  #573

COD MW2? anybody on this?

Ryan
Canon 60D
Canon Rebel XSi: kit lens
Canon 75-300 USM Non-IS
Canon 70-300 USM IS

Lazuka
Cream of the Crop
5,639 posts
Joined May 2008

Feb 09, 2010 21:39 |  #574
bannedPermanent ban

RyanGSams wrote in post #9577682 (external link)
COD MW2? anybody on this?

i've been playing on and off, the glitch/exploiters are a little out of control, anybody know if both care package exploits are fixed?

I suck at Photoshop.

Moppie
14,839 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2004

Feb 10, 2010 00:18 |  #575

They are supposed to have fixed most of the glitches, but I'm still finding a lot of guys wall hacking and using aim bots.

A mate played on a server the other day that had the gravity turned way down low, so there are still plenty of people hosting with hacks etc.

flickr (external link)

Have you Calibrated your Monkey lately?

neilwood32
Cream of the Crop
6,231 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Feb 10, 2010 06:27 |  #576

I thought the new system was supposed to rule out exploits and hacks - guess when I eventually get it i will find out.

Having a camera makes you no more a photographer than having a hammer and some nails makes you a carpenter - Claude Adams
Keep calm and carry a camera!
My Gear

CW ­ Jones
737 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Feb 10, 2010 09:11 |  #577

I heard the care package glitch was fixed for the PS3?? no idea seeing as I have a 360 tho haha

-Collin
Canon 30D Gripped + The "Budget Trinity" of lenses.
Full Gear List Here
Flickr (external link)
Razzi (external link)

Moppie
14,839 posts
Joined Sep 2004

Feb 10, 2010 11:13 |  #578

neilwood32 wrote in post #9580360 (external link)
I thought the new system was supposed to rule out exploits and hacks - guess when I eventually get it i will find out.

Nope, I think they are just as bad as they were in COD4.

Heaps of videos on youtube from the low lifes making and selling them. Some of them are a very clever hacks, and often very hard to spot.

Lag is also an issue, just like it was in COD4.
Its quite common to find yourself .5 sec behind the rest of the game which just means constant death in a showdown, regardless of how many rounds you get off, or whether or not you think you fired first.

Fortuntatly it's still a very, very cool game and despite its problems, it's well worth playing.

flickr (external link)

neilwood32
Cream of the Crop
6,231 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Feb 11, 2010 06:37 |  #579

I guess thats the price to be paid for online gaming - until we all get 100Mb broadband with stupidly low pings

Having a camera makes you no more a photographer than having a hammer and some nails makes you a carpenter - Claude Adams
Keep calm and carry a camera!
My Gear

Moppie
14,839 posts
Joined Sep 2004

Feb 11, 2010 23:03 |  #580

neilwood32 wrote in post #9587568 (external link)
I guess thats the price to be paid for online gaming - until we all get 100Mb broadband with stupidly low pings

No, it's the price we pay for not having dedicated servers and game connection service that can't measure long term ping and allow for random network disturbances.

I never had a problem on COD4, unless I joined an overseas server.
With its dedicated servers I can join one of hundreds that is locally hosted (literally only a few KM away).
MW2 on the other hand likes to connect me with people playing on other countries, often on too low a spec computer and everyone is playing with different speed connections.

flickr (external link)

Ash1456
24 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 12, 2010 14:13 |  #581

reddyroc007 wrote in post #9527993 (external link)
i swear there was a recent post (like today) just before my last and now its gone, hmmm. Anyway maybe one of these days i'll pop in cod4 and remininsce on the days of old :)

Yeah that was me, I posted and then went to edit it and for some reason deleted it , then forgot to re-post, :rolleyes:, im an Idiot lol
Anyone got a PS3?
what do you think of Nukes?, worth a 25 KS?

Alamy Stock (external link)
My Gear
Flickr (external link)
Blog (external link)

vivala1210
808 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 13, 2010 23:35 |  #582

care package glitch still there for 360 played it like three days ago and it was stupid.....

Gear List flickr  (external link)Feedback(1) Feedback (2)  (external link) (external link)

Lazuka
Cream of the Crop
5,639 posts
Joined May 2008

Feb 14, 2010 12:42 |  #583
bannedPermanent ban

vivala1210 wrote in post #9605548 (external link)
care package glitch still there for 360 played it like three days ago and it was stupid.....

Still there for ps3 as well.

I suck at Photoshop.

reddyroc007
809 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Feb 14, 2010 13:29 |  #584

they just had an update for 360 a couple days ago so i assumed it would have been fixed. hasnt bugged me much when i play.

chris :cool:
gear: 450D w/kung-fu grip, 18-55mm IS, 50mm 1.8, 100-300L, 24-70L, Rokinon 8mm fisheye, 580EXII
flickr (external link)

Citizensmith
Cream of the Crop
6,386 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2004

Feb 14, 2010 13:29 |  #585

Moppie wrote in post #9593435 (external link)
No, it's the price we pay for not having dedicated servers and game connection service that can't measure long term ping and allow for random network disturbances.

And because of that the large, long term group of CoD players I play with has decided to stick with CoD WaW until (and if) there is a dedicated server released. If not, there are plenty of other games out there.

And there are so many great mods for WaW that losing them by switching to MW2 would just make it suck even more.

My POTN Gallery, Complete gear list,
Tradition - Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

sponsored links

38,736 views & 0 likes for this thread
Anyone play Call of Duty 4?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.