Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 22 Feb 2010 (Monday) 03:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5d mark IIn ??

zincozinco
-Followers of Fidget-
4,420 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 22, 2010 03:16 |  #1

Are we seeing a replacement? this is one of the most commercial and reputable electronics chain in spain. http://www.flickr.com …/47817093@N08/4​378665730/ (external link)

Last unit way below retail?? Anyway tomorrow we will all know for sure....

its actually cheaper than the 7D

Living the life, overexposing...
Web (external link), Blog (external link) Name: Mike, Maik, Micke or just zinco.

sponsored links
nuffi
926 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 22, 2010 05:41 |  #2

what europeans use to separate sets of three numbers and decimal points are funny. :-)

I'd think it was a display model or something. I don't think that Canon is doig anything with the 5d Mark II anytime soon.

sapearl
Cream of the Crop
16,343 posts
Gallery: 152 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 22, 2010 05:48 |  #3

MUCH too soon for a replacement; nowhere near the three years since the ClassicD.

I'm not saying it will be a full 3 years, but from a marketting/profitabili​ty standpoint they will most certainly keep the current model available for a while. It just makes good business sense from THEIR standpoint - has nothing to do with what WE may want ;).

GEAR LIST
MY WEBSITE (external link)- MY GALLERIES (external link)- MY BLOG (external link)
Artists Archives of the Western Reserve (external link) - Board

jklewer
Goldmember
1,292 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 22, 2010 13:47 |  #4

nuffi wrote in post #9656881 (external link)
what europeans use to separate sets of three numbers and decimal points are funny. :-)

I'd think it was a display model or something. I don't think that Canon is doig anything with the 5d Mark II anytime soon.

It's funny because it's different... and we're Americans.

Gear

banpreso
Goldmember
2,176 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 23, 2010 12:51 |  #5

i hope the mk2n would come out =D so i can get a mk2 for chaper. i don't care about video, but the IQ of the 5d2 is pretty amazing

Flickr (external link)

Gel
Goldmember
1,145 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 23, 2010 17:58 |  #6

It's also funny how your prices don't include sales tax when marked up and ours do :D

Chris Giles Photography

sapearl
Cream of the Crop
16,343 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 23, 2010 18:57 |  #7

How long are you prepared to wait? It won't be any time soon. ;)

banpreso wrote in post #9666380 (external link)
i hope the mk2n would come out =D so i can get a mk2 for chaper. i don't care about video, but the IQ of the 5d2 is pretty amazing

GEAR LIST
MY WEBSITE (external link)- MY GALLERIES (external link)- MY BLOG (external link)

roger767
190 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 24, 2010 04:21 |  #8

5D MIIn? what will they add? Canon needs to upgrade the AF but they wont do that in an MIIn version. Thats gonna be the MIII.

www.rogerschooneveld.n​l (external link)

zincozinco
THREAD ­ STARTER
-Followers of Fidget-
4,420 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 24, 2010 04:41 |  #9

it was a new model, and the only in stock, some guy picked it from like 500ks away... :) new price is back up to 2100... some deals to be had if you are patient and persitant.

the n in my thought was the upgraded frame rates. I dont think we will see a 5dmk2 with the AF of a 7d it would just be too good a package atleast not until there is a ds4 well over a year old.

Living the life, overexposing...
Web (external link), Blog (external link) Name: Mike, Maik, Micke or just zinco.

Roy ­ Mathers
I am Spartacus!
41,253 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2006

Feb 24, 2010 04:47 |  #10

nuffi wrote in post #9656881 (external link)

Not all Europeans!

sapearl
Cream of the Crop
16,343 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 24, 2010 05:46 |  #11

Probably a typo - you see that a lot on the web; some accidental, some intentional.

GEAR LIST

PhotoMatte
Goldmember
1,707 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Jun 2008

Feb 26, 2010 00:48 |  #12

Gel wrote in post #9668486 (external link)
It's also funny how your prices don't include sales tax when marked up and ours do :D

Sales tax? What's that? I live in Oregon:)

the site (external link)
the blog (external link)
Smugmug (external link)
My gear: Canon, Macintosh, Adobe

Trey ­ T
997 posts
Joined May 2009

Feb 26, 2010 10:50 |  #13

it's funny bc it's logically wrong. it always bothered me how euro use period or point to separate thousands and use commas as decimal placement.
a point sets a harsh separation b/t whole-number and decimal-number, while a comma provides a continuation which makes sense to put it at the separation of thousands.

jklewer wrote in post #9659369 (external link)
It's funny because it's different... and we're Americans.

Roy ­ Mathers
I am Spartacus!
41,253 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2006

Feb 26, 2010 10:56 |  #14

I agree with you about that Trey - in the same way that the American way of writing a date is illogical. We would write today's date, for instance, as 26/2/2010, that is the smallest unit (day) to the biggest (year). The American system is 2/26/2010 which, to me at least, doesn't make much sense.

Nathan
Can you repeat the question, please?
7,893 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Feb 26, 2010 11:12 |  #15

Roy Mathers wrote in post #9687253 (external link)
I agree with you about that Trey - in the same way that the American way of writing a date is illogical. We would write today's date, for instance, as 26/2/2010, that is the smallest unit (day) to the biggest (year). The American system is 2/26/2010 which, to me at least, doesn't make much sense.

Largest unit first makes more sense because it provides context (which year are we talking about and what month?). The system that does make sense is what I use for my photos: Year/Month/Day. Organizationally, it is superior.

Americans are smart enough to realize that most dates apply to the current year and can make that assumption, so we move the year to the end... hence Month/Day/Year. You Brits are funny... :p

Taking photos with a fancy camera does not make me a photographer.
www.nathantpham.com (external link) | Boston POTN Flickr (external link) |
5D3 x2 | 16-35L II | 50L | 85L II | 100L | 135L | 580 EX II x2

sponsored links

5,134 views & 0 likes for this thread
5d mark IIn ??
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.