Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 03 Mar 2010 (Wednesday) 17:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Question for pelican case users

dawnkyung
948 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Mar 03, 2010 17:11 |  #1

I'm thinking about ordering this:

http://www.amazon.com …ics&qid=1267657​858&sr=8-1 (external link)

Has anyone ordered this from amazon before? Does it come exactly like it does in the photo, with the dividers and the foam on top?

Thanks for any help!

Also - where do you keep your memory cards/extra batteries? Just loose inside one of the dividers?

dawn | 29 | gear

sponsored links
risingwolf
502 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Mar 03, 2010 17:28 |  #2

Have had one for 1 month. Ordered with Amazon and Love the case. The dividers are easily moved with Velcro tabs. Solid case and rolls easy. You can get so much equipment in the case. Solid and very well built. All packing comes with the case. I carry cf cards in a small case in one of the dividers with filters etc.
Have a Lowepro slingshot for hikes. Great combination.

May there be peace
Canon 7D and 5D Mark III.

Woolburr
Mr. PMS Himself
66,487 posts
Gallery: 115 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2005
Location: The Tupperware capitol of eastern Oregon...Leicester, NC!

Mar 03, 2010 17:35 |  #3

That is exactly how mine came from B&H. It says it is the model with dividers....so that should be what you get.

Memory cards go in these.
http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …ails&Q=&sku=528​645&is=REG (external link)

http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …ails&Q=&sku=528​642&is=REG (external link)

Batteries go in these....

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

People that know me call me Dan
You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book, (external link) Refrigerator Art (external link) and What I Really Think About (external link)

Twotan
304 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 03, 2010 19:02 |  #4

I have one of these cases. I love it. worth every penny.

psxindo
419 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Mar 04, 2010 02:13 |  #5

I have the 1614. You could purchase a lid organizer to store memory cards and other small parts

http://www.amazon.com …D2WGW/ref=pd_bx​gy_p_img_b (external link)

I really loved my pelican case.

5D mkIII | 5D mkII | 6D | EOS M | 16-35L | 24-70L | 70-200L 2.8 IS mkII | EF-M 22 | 50 1.4 | 85L | 100 2.8 macro | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | 2x 580 ex II | 580 ex | 2x sunpak 383 | 134GB CF |
Wishlist | 14L | 24L | 35L | 50L | 100L macro | 135L | 15 2.8 FE | 17L 4 TS | 45 2.8 TS | 90 2.8 TS |

Skip ­ Souza
Cream of the Crop
26,204 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Mar 05, 2010 01:41 |  #6

My wife likes her 1510 that I got from B&H. I also got her the 1519 Photographer' Lid Organizer - for Pelican 1510 (external link) to go with it where she can put all sorts of odds and ends.

Bless the recently fallen and their family and friends.
I have a Cannon with me at all times. You can't take the shot if you don't have something with which to shoot. :rolleyes:
That which does not kill me ~~ Should Run.
5DMkII, 7D, 70-300L IS, 24-105L,
No more PayPal gift payment requests.
"PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED."

Rey
571 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Mar 05, 2010 02:15 |  #7

dawnkyung wrote in post #9722874 (external link)
I'm thinking about ordering this:

http://www.amazon.com …ics&qid=1267657​858&sr=8-1 (external link)

Has anyone ordered this from amazon before? Does it come exactly like it does in the photo, with the dividers and the foam on top?

Thanks for any help!

Also - where do you keep your memory cards/extra batteries? Just loose inside one of the dividers?

Yes. I ordered that exact one from Amazon and the picture is accurate. I picked up the lid organizer from B&H for the mem cards and extra batts.

Canon 5D MKII • BG-E6 • Canon EOS-M • Canon 85mm F1.2L II USM • Canon 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM • Canon 16-35mm F2.8L II USM • Canon 24-70mm F2.8L USM • Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM • Sigma 50mm F1.4 ART • Canon Speedlight 600 EX-RT • Canon Speedlite 580EX II • Canon Speedlite 430EX II • Gitzo 3530 • Really Right Stuff BH-55 LR

RWatkins
Goldmember
1,229 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 05, 2010 11:40 |  #8

When I clicked the link, the Amazon page reminded me I had purchased this on January 7th 2010.

So, yes, it looks just like that. The only differences was that mine is black (not tan in the picture) and there was Pelican material (e.g. warranty) that is not in the picture.

Stuff and things
President – International Brotherhood of Instagram Haters

sponsored links

1,237 views & 0 likes for this thread
Question for pelican case users
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.