Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Motorsports Talk 
Thread started 01 Feb 2010 (Monday) 16:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Calling UK POTN motorsport photographers (4 wheels only)

andrewc
Goldmember
1,403 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Feb 01, 2010 16:45 |  #1

Hello

Club motorsport, which is what keeps circuits going, gets a bit of a raw deal in terms of coverage. A couple of pages in the back of Autosport and Motorsport news is about it. Plenty of websites covering F1 down to BTCC but not much for the club racer. So I've decided to have a go at doing something about it.

I've set up www.racingexposure.com​/blog (external link) and am seeking contributors. Looking for photographers but also people who can string a few sentences together. Got some help from the guys over at Talk Photography, but I'll mention it here as well.

Also looking for insights from racers, and ideally would like to give out logins to people from various race series so they can post news and reports about their own little corner of motorsport.

PM me or email me at andrew at norwich photo dot co dot uk if you feel inspired to help.

I can't offer payment, but I can offer bylines and links to your own websites. Maybe one day the site will take off and I can pay people, but thats a long way in the future.

So, if you've gone to watch some grass roots motorsports, be it sprinting, rallying or circuit racing and wish to help, get in touch.

My scope is club motorsport, and by club motorsport I am thinking of people who are doing it just for the fun of it, with no ambition of being a paid driver anywhere, and I'd class the upper tier of this as being Porsche Carrera Cup or Ginetta G50s.

In just over a week I've had over a thousand visits and getting on for 4000 page views. I've had a lot of emails offering support and well wishes as well.

Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography • Facebook Entry • Canon EOS 7D / 50D / 40D / 24-105L / Sigma 100-300 f4 / 50mm f1.8 / Tamron 28-300 / 2x Canon 580EX2 flash / Interfit and Lastolite studio gear / Manfrotto supports / Lowepro Stealth Reporter AW650 and Computrekker

sponsored links
GSH
"wetter than an otter's pocket"
3,939 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Feb 02, 2010 10:47 |  #2

As said elsewhere Andrew i'd be happy to fire off some shots to you over the course of the season. If there's anything specific you want from an event "oop North" (or anywhere i may end up) feel free to ask.

Glad to see you're including Rallying too as the Clubbies get very poor coverage in the UK Motorsport Press.

Geoff www.bhppix.co.uk (external link)

Simon ­ Harrison
"Bag Snapper"
3,053 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Feb 02, 2010 14:22 |  #3

Also replied elsewhere, and the same as Geoff has said goes for me too!

Simon,

Simon

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/srhmoto/ (external link)

Ingsy
726 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 08, 2010 07:31 |  #4

Is anyone going to Brands on Saturday for the Britcar event for the site?

Zenfolio (external link) || Project 365 - less than 1 month to go! (external link) || Always happy for C&C on my images!
Canon 400D || 18-55 IS || Sigma 30mm F1.4 || Nifty TwoFifty || Not enough time :(

andrewc
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,403 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 08, 2010 07:36 |  #5

Am not sure. I've got someone onboard who frequents Brands, but he says he's more of a words-man rather than a photographer. If you're going, then please send some, and if he sends a report I can tie the two together.

Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography • Facebook Entry • Canon EOS 7D / 50D / 40D / 24-105L / Sigma 100-300 f4 / 50mm f1.8 / Tamron 28-300 / 2x Canon 580EX2 flash / Interfit and Lastolite studio gear / Manfrotto supports / Lowepro Stealth Reporter AW650 and Computrekker

Ingsy
726 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 08, 2010 07:50 |  #6

No worries. I'd planned on going to shake the winter cobwebs off. If I manage any good ones I'll send them over.

Zenfolio (external link) || Project 365 - less than 1 month to go! (external link) || Always happy for C&C on my images!
Canon 400D || 18-55 IS || Sigma 30mm F1.4 || Nifty TwoFifty || Not enough time :(

adrian5127
Cream of the Crop
6,208 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 08, 2010 14:19 |  #7

Andy, I might be able to Brands as well. Don't suppose you are able to get trackside access. Went weekend just gone and get quite jealous of the pros who don't have to worry about the fencing.

Adrian
SE UK Thread here***Kit***smugmug (external link)
Wedding photography kent (external link)
Wedding photographer kent (external link)

andrewc
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,403 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Mar 08, 2010 14:28 |  #8

I have trackside access myself, but as yet can't arrange it for others - maybe one day as the site grows.

You can still get stunningly good shots from the public areas at Brands.

adrian5127
Cream of the Crop
6,208 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 08, 2010 17:10 |  #9

I was looking at these pics https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=837404 and very envious of the location ( outside of druids ) as the fence gets in the way. I was on the inside of druids for some of the day and like you say can get some good shots with no fence issues

Adrian
SE UK Thread here***Kit***smugmug (external link)
Wedding photography kent (external link)
Wedding photographer kent (external link)

Ingsy
726 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 09, 2010 06:12 |  #10

I guess that's the benefit of a 600mm lens - you can see through the fencing. Unless Cadwell is media?

Simon ­ Harrison
"Bag Snapper"
3,053 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 09, 2010 06:52 |  #11

adrian5127 wrote in post #9754947 (external link)
I was looking at these pics https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=837404 and very envious of the location ( outside of druids ) as the fence gets in the way. I was on the inside of druids for some of the day and like you say can get some good shots with no fence issues

Every shot in that thread was either shot through, over, under or round a fence from the spectator viewing areas, as Cadwell is not media accredited to the best of my knowledge.

As Andrew says, you can get spectacular results from the "wrong" side of the fence at Brands.

Simon.

Simon

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/srhmoto/ (external link)

Cadwell
Cream of the Crop
7,333 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Mar 11, 2010 05:47 |  #12

Ingsy wrote in post #9758545 (external link)
Unless Cadwell is media?

For clarification, the shots in the referenced thread were from public areas. 400mm is about the FL you need to punch through the Brands fences convincingly; anything extra is a bonus.

Glenn
My Pictures: Motorsport (external link)/Canoe Polo (external link)/Other Stuff (external link)

sponsored links

1,626 views & 0 likes for this thread
Calling UK POTN motorsport photographers (4 wheels only)
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Motorsports Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.