Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 24 Feb 2010 (Wednesday) 13:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sigma Service Experience

captevo
THREAD ­ STARTER
539 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2010

Mar 11, 2010 11:15 |  #31

I sent my lens in, they received it on 3/2.
I called them yesterday for status, the lady told me I should get it back in 3 weeks from yesterday.

Hi! I'm Bau NGUYEN. I'm a prime-o-holic, and I'm addicted to creamy bokeh. :p
My flickr (external link) | facebook (external link) | www.baunguyen.com (external link) | 5px (external link)

sponsored links
vitacura
Goldmember
1,514 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Mar 11, 2010 11:29 |  #32

captevo- where did you send it to? Also what all did you guys send the lens+paperwork with? (The black case or just the lens and caps?)

Gear & Feedback

bruceq
108 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Mar 11, 2010 11:30 as a reply to  @ captevo's post |  #33

I sent my new 150-500 to NY on 03/08 for calibration and the email I received yesterday from the customer service rep stated it would be returned next week. Let's hope that's a correct time estimate.

Added:
I included the case, dust caps, copy of receipt/blank warranty card and a brief write-up describing the issue and camera body type. I got an email late yesterday afternoon asking what camera body I was using so I think they lost my write-up? I called them at 5pm and talked to a very nice person who said tehy were working on it. That, in conjunction with the above email, has be feeling good about my chances of having a good turnout.

Cameras - 5D MkII/Grip, 7D/Grip, T1i/Grip
Lens - EF-S 10-22, EF-S 18-55, EF 35-70, EF-S 55-250, EF 17-40L, EF 24-105L IS, EF 70-200 2.8L IS, EF 70-210, EF 100-400L, Sigma 150-500 OS, EF 100L IS, EF 180L, EF 85 1.8, EF 50 1.8

joosay
Goldmember
1,325 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 11, 2010 12:12 |  #34

I hope it doesn't take three weeks to calibrate my 24-70 HSM (I live in NY too).

Flickr (external link) - Angelito Jusay Photography (external link)

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,556 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Mar 11, 2010 12:29 |  #35

Mine took 3 weeks, and the communications was horrible.

I heard nothing back after tracking showed they had it. I emailed the lady, she said "what lens?".

Then I finally received a PDF as an automated "here's your quote for repair", but it was stamped as "acknowledgment of receipt" with no other details or $$ listed.

I sent two more emails about whether they were fixing it, or was I supposed to pay something.

Nothing back. I called a lady a week later and she stated that "your last email told you it was shipped back, along with a tracking number".

I had no such email, and lo behold, that same day, the lens arrived at my door.

I received a call about an hour later from Tim in service asking me about my emails and to give me status on the repair, I told him to disregard, I had my lens back in my hands as of that day.

So basically my experience was a 3 week period of either poor communication and/or poor tracking on their part, but ended up with a calibrated lens that works well. I sent mine to the NY service center and YMMV.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

wkahwkah
200 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Mar 11, 2010 12:43 |  #36

^^ Totally agreed
for my Sigma 50mm f1.4, first time I sent, only sent lens and came back exactly as same for front focusing.
2nd time sent w/ body and came back lil better but still front focusing and I hear rattling in lens..
3rd time I sent.. (sigma actually paid shipping both way) and they replaced lens to new it focus perfectly
in some distance but 1.4 still not usable at all focus distance and f2 works distance to distance.
so.. I'm about to send it for 4th time (sigma gonna pay shipping again)
and last 3 times I sent, I never got email when item was shipped, I had to call 'em
every other day to see progress on calibrating my lens. Though, I got my camera/lens back in
less than 2weeks every time.

bruceq
108 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Mar 11, 2010 15:00 as a reply to  @ wkahwkah's post |  #37

I have until Friday to request an RMA from Abe's.

I think I will request the RMA and that if the lens is not perfect when it comes back from Sigma I can just return it for a refund. At least I'll be covering all bases that way.:cool:

Cameras - 5D MkII/Grip, 7D/Grip, T1i/Grip
Lens - EF-S 10-22, EF-S 18-55, EF 35-70, EF-S 55-250, EF 17-40L, EF 24-105L IS, EF 70-200 2.8L IS, EF 70-210, EF 100-400L, Sigma 150-500 OS, EF 100L IS, EF 180L, EF 85 1.8, EF 50 1.8

richierich1212
Goldmember
1,628 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Mar 11, 2010 15:20 |  #38

You can track the status of your repair order using the repair order # that Sigma e-mails you, and the e-mail that you put in when you placed the online repair order. I refreshed it about 100 times a day for two weeks ;).

Gearlist · Feedback

irishman
Goldmember
4,098 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 12, 2010 16:54 |  #39

I had a Sigma 50 1.4 that was way soft at 1.4 and very inconsistant in focusing. I finally got off my lazy a$$ and drove it across town to the CRIS repair facility in Chandler, AZ. Dropped it off on Tuesday and they called on Thursday saying it was finished. WOW! Like getting a new lens! Highly recommended.

6D, G9, Sigma 50 1.4, Sigma 15mm Fisheye, Sigma 50 2.8 macro, Nikon 14-24G 2.8, Canon 16-35 2.8 II, Canon 24-105 f/4 IS, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS, tripod, lights, other stuff.

richierich1212
Goldmember
1,628 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Mar 12, 2010 16:59 |  #40

irishman wrote in post #9784581 (external link)
I had a Sigma 50 1.4 that was way soft at 1.4 and very inconsistant in focusing. I finally got off my lazy a$$ and drove it across town to the CRIS repair facility in Chandler, AZ. Dropped it off on Tuesday and they called on Thursday saying it was finished. WOW! Like getting a new lens! Highly recommended.

Do you have sample pics yet?

Gearlist · Feedback

irishman
Goldmember
4,098 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 12, 2010 22:33 |  #41

I should have done some scientific reproducable before and afters, but I took it in at the spur of the moment. I'll get some afters this weekend.

6D, G9, Sigma 50 1.4, Sigma 15mm Fisheye, Sigma 50 2.8 macro, Nikon 14-24G 2.8, Canon 16-35 2.8 II, Canon 24-105 f/4 IS, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS, tripod, lights, other stuff.

captevo
THREAD ­ STARTER
539 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Mar 22, 2010 19:03 |  #42

I use this form
http://dealerservicefo​rm.sigmaphoto.com …er.do?action=pr​epare_form (external link)

they'll send you an email with the info you fill in.
for accessories, I sent in the case as well, for extra protection during transit.
as of today, I still hadn't got it back, i sent them an email asking for update, no response.
good luck with yours.

vitacura wrote in post #9774886 (external link)
captevo- where did you send it to? Also what all did you guys send the lens+paperwork with? (The black case or just the lens and caps?)

Hi! I'm Bau NGUYEN. I'm a prime-o-holic, and I'm addicted to creamy bokeh. :p
My flickr (external link) | facebook (external link) | www.baunguyen.com (external link) | 5px (external link)

themadman
Cream of the Crop
18,871 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Mar 22, 2010 20:46 |  #43

I sent mine in on the 10th and will be getting it back on the 24th. Exactly two weeks. The repair center didn't contact me, but when my delivery confirm said it was delivered to them, I simply called them and they gave me all the info I needed. There was even a online status update I could log on and check. On the 17th the lens was done calibrating and it was shipped out on the 19th. It will arrive, as stated earlier, on the 24th.

Now my big mystery is why my package (which I sent via the US Postal Service) took only 2 days to get to them and their package (sent via UPS which should be faster) will take almost whole damn week...

Will | WilliamLiuPhotography.​com (external link) | Gear List and Feedback | CPS Member | Have you Pre-Ordered Your 3Dx Yet? | HorusBennu Discussion | In honor of Uncle Steve, thanks for everything! 10-5-2011

anscochrome
443 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 22, 2010 21:05 |  #44

I've gots to believe a nice 50mm F 1.4 SMC Takumar and adapter would be a lot less hassle than these Sigma 50mm F 1.4 stories:)

http://anscochrome.zen​folio.com (external link)

themadman
Cream of the Crop
18,871 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Mar 22, 2010 21:06 |  #45

anscochrome wrote in post #9851106 (external link)
I've gots to believe a nice 50mm F 1.4 SMC Takumar and adapter would be a lot less hassle than these Sigma 50mm F 1.4 stories:)

I've got to believe shooting a HSM motor lens would be a lot less hassle and a whole lot better tracking than all these manual focus lenses.

Will | WilliamLiuPhotography.​com (external link) | Gear List and Feedback | CPS Member | Have you Pre-Ordered Your 3Dx Yet? | HorusBennu Discussion | In honor of Uncle Steve, thanks for everything! 10-5-2011

sponsored links

7,755 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sigma Service Experience
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.