Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 15 Mar 2010 (Monday) 12:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Too "up the nose" ?? CC please and thank you :)

Alikat
156 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 15, 2010 12:14 |  #1

Just looking for some feedback on this one being "too far up the nose" and ideas on how it could have been better. I really LOVE this shot of my daughter, one of my favorites so far...but wondering how it could have been better...thanks!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Gripped Canon T1i with Canon EF-S 18mm-55mm and Canon EF-S 55mm-250mm lens kit, Canon EF 50mm f1.8 II, 430 EXII
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/23alikat/ (external link)

C&C ALWAYS welcome, want to learn to be better
http://www.ablokzylpho​tography.com (external link)

sponsored links
gonzogolf
dumb remark memorialized
30,261 posts
Gallery: 293 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2006

Mar 15, 2010 12:17 |  #2

Its a little up the nose, but really the honesty, emotion, and darn cuteness more than compensate for that. Its hard to say whether changing the angle so that you are more over her would change the visual relationship between her and the stuffed animal and still maintain eye contact. I suspect it would have changed it to the worse.

Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 15, 2010 12:19 as a reply to  @ gonzogolf's post |  #3

The color feels cold to me..the nose thing doesn't com e into play for me though,. Cro is odd..and her face seems "soft" as in not focused?
Then again she is a sweetie.

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

Alikat
THREAD ­ STARTER
156 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 15, 2010 12:21 |  #4

Thank you for the comments, both valuable...will play a bit more with the colour saturation and contrast and see how that works...thank you!

Gripped Canon T1i with Canon EF-S 18mm-55mm and Canon EF-S 55mm-250mm lens kit, Canon EF 50mm f1.8 II, 430 EXII

Cliff666
244 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 15, 2010 13:10 |  #5

to me maybe its my work monitor but it seems a bit dark, i like the crop if i could see maybe all of her hand and less of the pillow above her head. cute kid tho

canon equip'd
canon 30D/2 primes/3 speedlights/cyber sync trigger and recievers/and no money :(
Flickr (external link)

FeXL
493 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 16, 2010 01:57 as a reply to  @ Cliff666's post |  #6

Up the nose images can be helped by dodging the darkness of the nostrils. Your eyes are drawn to the contrast between the inside & outside; just lessen it a bit.

JimMcrae
938 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 16, 2010 04:33 |  #7

Maybe not technically perfect as others have said, but a very lovely shot in my opinion.

60d, 400d, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6, 24-105mm f/4, 50mm f/1.4, 580ex II, 2 X 430ex II, Bowens 500, cs5

dcad10
211 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Mar 16, 2010 04:37 |  #8

up the exposure but if you like it thats whats important!

gibbit1
Goldmember
1,658 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 16, 2010 06:43 |  #9

A photo doesn't always need to be technically perfect to be a winner. The expression and mood you captured more than makes up for any minor imperfections. Cute kid. Show this to her prom date in about 8 years or so.

"Everything will be alright. I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
Gear: EOS 5DMKII; EOS 400D (infrared converted); Canon 24-105mm f/4 L; Sigma 17-35mm f/2.8-4 EX; Canon 70-200mm f/4 L; Canon 135mm f/2.0 L; Pentax SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4 with EOS adaptor, Rokinon 14mm f/2.8; only enough knowledge to be a clear and present danger to society.
flickr (external link)

Alikat
THREAD ­ STARTER
156 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 16, 2010 10:57 |  #10

Thank you all! I'm trying to learn and I do understand that what I love doesn't necessarily mean its perfect, but its the little things that I can tweak or think of next shots that matter...thank you!

Thanks for the compliments on her too, she is a doll this one :)

sponsored links

1,485 views & 0 likes for this thread
Too "up the nose" ?? CC please and thank you :)
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.