Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 24 Dec 2009 (Thursday) 11:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

NYC Meets?

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 17, 2010 23:00 |  #811
bannedPermanent ban

nicksan wrote in post #9819287 (external link)
Up to you guys.

I am going to start from the Manhattan side and walk across, maybe get some street/bridge shots in while there's still some light. Probably take 30-45min to walk across with all the shooting. We should be in Brookly by 6:45-7pm.

Sounds cool...

One Imaging Photography (external link) and my Flickr (external link)
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,738 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Mar 17, 2010 23:01 |  #812

TooManyShots wrote in post #9819281 (external link)
Here is a repost of Mike's post. We should all meet up at the ice-cream factory by 7pm. Is just easier that way. I would walk over the Brooklyn Bridge earlier to get some shots. Maybe spending 30 minutes by the pier of the ice cream factory then heading down the Brooklyn Bridge Park.

http://nymag.com/listi​ngs/restaurant...cream​-factory/ (external link)

1 Water St., Brooklyn, NY 11201 40.70295 -73.994401
nr. Old Fulton St.

Get off the A train at High St. - Brooklyn Bridge and walk west toward the water. You can't miss it.

Up to you guys what you want to do. We'll probably bump into eachother in Brooklyn. I'm going with my original plan.

See you if I see you...:D

ooo
Goldmember
1,765 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 17, 2010 23:01 |  #813

nicksan wrote in post #9819258 (external link)
It must seem that way when you aren't invited...bw!

It's your stench keeping me away. I can smell it miles away. You got a distinct smell. Can't say it's pleasant. :-D

ooo
Goldmember
1,765 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 17, 2010 23:02 |  #814

nicksan wrote in post #9819271 (external link)
You suck man. That ain't fat. I probably wouldn't be able to see you if you turned sideways. Why don't you help me out and take away a few pounds of lard off my belly? Surely, you can manage an extra few pounds or 40?

Just stay away from us Mr. 3-o. That's just what we need, another talented artsy fartsy photographer to ruin the "we-suck" parade. I don't mean we-suck in the MDJAK sucks you know what way...just thought I would clear that up before things got ugly around here.

Speaking of artsy fartsy, where the heck his Shomat?:lol:

Shomat's being all artsy and making lots of dough of course. I haven't seen him in ages either. I forgot what the last meet I saw him at was. Oh wait, it was that bootlegged NYC POTN Strobist thing. Was there ever a part 2 to POTN Strobist?

nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,738 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Mar 17, 2010 23:04 |  #815

If you guys want to join up on the Manhattan side of the bridge, then make sure you are there by 6pm. Once I get there, I am gone. If MDJAK is his usual self, he'll be there even before me. The man is never late...well except that one time when I was supposed to meet up with him close to the Bronx Zoo and he got assaulted by his dog Bolo, and lost of his testicles. Or was that just in my dream? :lol:

vipergts831
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
43,988 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Mar 17, 2010 23:07 |  #816

LMAO Yeah only problem with me getting out early is that my office is right down from the VP and SVP's of the company. FML lol

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,738 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Mar 17, 2010 23:08 |  #817

ooo wrote in post #9819299 (external link)
It's your stench keeping me away. I can smell it miles away. You got a distinct smell. Can't say it's pleasant. :-D

I do that on purpose...to keep you away. It's worked so fare and it looks like it's going to work again. Now only if I can figure out how to keep MDJAK away from me, I'll be all set. I'm sick and tired of him riding on my coat-tails.:lol:

ooo wrote in post #9819308 (external link)
Shomat's being all artsy and making lots of dough of course. I haven't seen him in ages either. I forgot what the last meet I saw him at was. Oh wait, it was that bootlegged NYC POTN Strobist thing. Was there ever a part 2 to POTN Strobist?

He's been around dude. It's just that you haven't been around. BTW, when are you going to invite us to one of your fancy runway model shoots? :lol:

vipergts831
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
43,988 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Mar 17, 2010 23:08 |  #818

Ill aim for 545, hopefully hit BK bridge by 615. Remember guys if you have anything that resembles leather MDJAK will think your from the oyster.

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,738 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Mar 17, 2010 23:13 |  #819

vipergts831 wrote in post #9819328 (external link)
Ill aim for 545, hopefully hit BK bridge by 615. Remember guys if you have anything that resembles leather MDJAK will think your from the oyster.

Better leave my leather underwear at home then.
We'll take the walk across at a leisurely pace. You'll eventually find us. Just look for a crusty old defeated looking man with white hair who looks like he's been on roids. That'd be MDJAK. He'll be walking with a ravishing looking "Oh snap! Is he a make model?" type Asian dude. Or maybe it's the "Look at that ugly ass fat burger eating sumo wrestler gut carrying short legged hobbit looking Asian with a big lens obviously compensating for lack of something else" type guy.

It's all in the interpretation my friend...and no, my nose does not hit the wall first when I walk into it. I tried. My fat belly does...:lol:

EiTheL
Goldmember
1,493 posts
Joined May 2009

Mar 18, 2010 01:31 |  #820

wait whats happening?! O_O [/confused]

Gabe:New York City:Flickr (external link) | Website (external link) | Gear

Infamous20V
496 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 18, 2010 06:00 |  #821

EiTheL wrote in post #9819977 (external link)
wait whats happening?! O_O [/confused]

I'm not sure. But i'll be at the BK br. Manhattan side at around 6pm looking for other guys with cameras.

Fujifilm X-E1 + 56 ƒ1.2 + 18 ƒ2

Skrim17
The only TPBMer without a title. Enjoying my anonymity.
40,070 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Mar 18, 2010 07:15 |  #822

Looks like it will be a gorgeous evening for shooting, I can't join in all this manly fun, but I hope you all have a nice time.

Crissa
PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY PHOTOS!! (external link)

tchan
193 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 18, 2010 07:49 |  #823

Might meet you guys on the Manhattan side :)

:) My Gear

nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,738 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Mar 18, 2010 08:10 |  #824

tchan wrote in post #9820863 (external link)
Might meet you guys on the Manhattan side :)

Wow, look who decided to grace us with his presence!
See you there...:lol:

MichaelBernard
Goldmember
3,586 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Mar 18, 2010 08:13 |  #825
bannedPermanent ban

So I brought my Tripod....and forgot my head attachment! FML Does anyone have an extra they can bring?

http://www.Michael-Bernard.com (external link)"I think that there will be people disappointed in any camera short of the one that summons the ghost of Ansel Adams to come and press the shutter button for them." -lazer-jock

sponsored links

259,450 views & 0 likes for this thread
NYC Meets?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.