Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 31 Jan 2010 (Sunday) 10:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adorama is

gkarris
Goldmember
1,882 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 15, 2010 21:06 |  #106

FAST_Marine wrote in post #9804043 (external link)
I can tell you after the fiasco I went through with them since Thursday and spending a large amount of time on the phone with customer service today. They have lost a customer for life. Probally not a big deal to them since this was my first order, but it will be my last.

Contact Helen Oster...

sponsored links
FAST_Marine
387 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 15, 2010 22:00 |  #107

Thanks but the Customer Service Rep that told me "Oh Well things happen" made my mind up. No need to talk to anyone. Thanks for the info though

Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)
My Web Site (external link)
A bunch of L Glass, Bunch of Canon SLR's, Canon Cinema Cameras, and a ton of stuff to use with them and carry it all.

HelenOster
That's me!
4,587 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 16, 2010 02:56 |  #108

FAST_Marine wrote in post #9804427 (external link)
Thanks but the Customer Service Rep that told me "Oh Well things happen" made my mind up. No need to talk to anyone. Thanks for the info though

Rob

Please contact me; the response you quoted above is clearly unacceptable, and whether or not you shop with Adorama again is secondary to me.
My priority - as always - is to ensure that you have been served well and treated fairly.
elen.oster@adoramacame​ra.com (external link)

philmar
Cream of the Crop
8,284 posts
Gallery: 123 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 16, 2010 10:45 |  #109

here's another very HAPPY Adorama customer

A photo I took HERE published in National GeographicTime on your hands? Then HERE'S plenty more photos to nibble on (external link):
http://https …photos/phil_mar​ion/albums (external link)
or follow me: https://www.instagram.​com/instaphilmarion/ (external link)

Transfer
323 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 16, 2010 19:06 |  #110

I've made several orders with Adorama over the last few years and had no issues... Until this week.
I ordered $1100 worth of lenses and chose the the 3-5 day shipping option for a slight upcharge. The order was placed late on March 4th and expected to ship on friday the 5th. It didn't ship until the 8th (weekend), which isn't a big deal but it shipped UPS ground and from NJ to Seattle, that's a 6 day transit time. So we're already looking at 6-7 days total and my $10 shipping upcharge was for nothing.

Now, as I'm a medical professional, I do work and I work a lot of hours. Adorama has restricted my shipment so that it can ONLY be delivered to my address or a neighbor (yes, they work too) with a signature in person. I can't even have them hold it at the dispatch station and come down and sign for it, which is what I usually do. I come home early today (4:30pm PST) and call UPS to find out this info, so I call Adorama right away. Yeah, they're closed obviously. So I have one more day to not be available to have my lenses delivered and then according to UPS they get sent back to the shipper. No option for holding at UPS location. I also work at a large hospital so it's not like I can have it sent there.

Awesome job Adorama, my 3-5 day shipment is going on 9 business days and I have little hope I'll even get the shipment. I'll probably cancel the order and have to re-order with Amazon unless my wife can take the morning off work and stay at home waiting for UPS. All for stupid camera equipment, that's 4 days late.

/rant

EOS 40D | EF-S 17-55 f/2.8
My Flickr (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,587 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 17, 2010 01:43 |  #111

Transfer wrote in post #9810639 (external link)
I've made several orders with Adorama over the last few years and had no issues... Until this week.

I was so sorry to read your posting - could you please email me directly with your order number and I will sort this out for you? elen.oster@adoramacame​ra.com (external link)

I would very much like to find out why your order shipped a day late - and why the shipping method seems to have been changed. If that is the case, then it sounds from your description that we might owe you some shipping costs.

It can certainly be arranged for you to pick up the package from UPS. If customers either send me details or call in to our customer service department, we can always set up a quick ID verification, liaise with UPS for you, and you will be good to go.

SkedAddled
Goldmember
2,664 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 17, 2010 02:07 |  #112

Now, this saddens me. :o

Here I see a couple of people who have recently interjected their negative experiences
in dealings with Adorama into this thread which began as a positive account of Adorama's
practices and services. Those people have been directly solicited by Ms. Oster to give
her a chance to set things right by the customer(s), which is all she has ever tried to do
on this forum, as far as I have seen.

Unfortunately, we have yet to see any measure of follow-up by those who feel slighted or
generally put out, and I view such a lack of feedback as a genuine disservice to both Adorama
and potential customers. Granted, Transfer isn't online and has not yet replied, so I will beseech
him/her to do so ASAP.

But I'll encourage any naysayers posting to this thread to keep your subscription alive,
so that you will know to check it for updates. Here it is, at around 2:45 in the morning,
and Ms. Oster has been checking in and responding. I seriously doubt this is part of
her normal job description, which indicates to me that she is extremely committed to her job
and the reputation of Adorama. So seriously, how can it get any better?

Let Ms. Oster help, and you'll likely end up a happy customer.

Craig5D4|50D|S3iS|AF:Canon 28-135 USM IS|MF:Tamron SP 28-80|Tamron SP 60-300|Soligor 75-260|Soligor 400|Soligor C/D 500|Zuiko 50 f/1.8|others
Support this exceptional forum
Of course I'm all right! Why? What have you heard?!?

HelenOster
That's me!
4,587 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 17, 2010 06:03 |  #113

SkedAddled wrote in post #9812900 (external link)
.......Here it is, at around 2:45 in the morning,
and Ms. Oster has been checking in and responding. I seriously doubt this is part of her normal job description......

... actually, it sort of is. Working crazy hours gives me an opportunity to spend time with my kids - AND to take account of the needs of Adorama customers all around the world, not just those on EST :D

ScottsGT
629 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Mar 17, 2010 07:10 |  #114

I sure hope Adorama is compensatin Helen with a VERY generous pay check! It's of my opinion it is employees like her that keep companies from going down in flames. I had a recient bad experience with an online mail order company that was horrendous. I did a search of them on some forums and found out they had reciently changed their name due to ripping off so many customers and the word spreading.
Don't worry....it's not a photography related company or I would have warned everyone here.

...it's just a hobby....it's just a hobby......it's now a illness!
7D, 5D & G11 18-55 EF-S IS, EF 50 f1.8,
70-200 2.8L IS, 17-40 f/4L, 24-70 f/2.8L,
EF 15 f/2.8 Fisheye, 580EX II

gkarris
Goldmember
1,882 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 17, 2010 18:57 |  #115

ScottsGT wrote in post #9813593 (external link)
I sure hope Adorama is compensatin Helen with a VERY generous pay check!

Sounds like a work on your own time gig, as long as you get your 40 hours in - I had that once - it was great!

Great job! I'm in retail now and we're striving for great customer service... :)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,587 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 17, 2010 19:13 |  #116

gkarris wrote in post #9817830 (external link)
Sounds like a work on your own time gig, as long as you get your 40 hours in - I had that once - it was great!

Great job! I'm in retail now and we're striving for great customer service... :)

40 hours? I dream of only working 40 hours a week.....Well, I would dream if I ever saw my bed!!

Transfer
323 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 18, 2010 22:24 |  #117

HelenOster wrote in post #9812826 (external link)
I was so sorry to read your posting - could you please email me directly with your order number and I will sort this out for you? elen.oster@adoramacame​ra.com (external link)

I would very much like to find out why your order shipped a day late - and why the shipping method seems to have been changed. If that is the case, then it sounds from your description that we might owe you some shipping costs.

It can certainly be arranged for you to pick up the package from UPS. If customers either send me details or call in to our customer service department, we can always set up a quick ID verification, liaise with UPS for you, and you will be good to go.

UPS dropped by after 6:30p on the final day so I was able to get the package. I did call up customer service (during business hours) to have them hold it at the UPS station if it wasn't going to be delivered. I'm not overly concerned about my $10 of shipping charges, I was just frustrated with the whole experience because the shipping was set up for failure on top of minor delay. Overall I have had excellent experiences with Adorama in both the camera department and the photo printing section.

I know the whole company really cares about the customer and I will continue to buy from you. I would just ask that if you're going to serve the west coast, please keep your customer service telephone department open for west coast hours!! I don't think 6 or 7pm PST is too much to ask for. When I call at 4:45pm PST and there's no one to help me adjust my package that's close to being returned to sender, I'm gonna get a little ticked. So, something to think about.

BTW, I was hoping my 30D would be up to the task of more advanced lenses, but after trying the new lenses out, this outdated body is the limiting factor and needs to go. I ordered a 7D refurb from Adorama with 2day air shipping. Arrives monday when my wife will be around in the morning, and if it doesn't come I now know who to call to have it held. ;)

EOS 40D | EF-S 17-55 f/2.8
My Flickr (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,587 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 21, 2010 16:31 |  #118

Transfer wrote in post #9825887 (external link)
UPS dropped by after 6:30p on the final day so I was able to get the package. I did call up customer service (during business hours) to have them hold it at the UPS station if it wasn't going to be delivered. I'm not overly concerned about my $10 of shipping charges....

Could you drop me an email?

Thanks

geoff5093
972 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 22, 2010 16:23 |  #119

I have to say I'm not very happy with Adorama right now..

I ordered a 70-200 2.8L II lens and another item worth almost $2,600. It was scheduled for delivery today but the UPS driver came much earlier then usual and no one was home, so I called them up and they said they would be glad to schedule a pick-up so I can pick it up at their warehouse, but of course Adorama changed the options so I can't pick it up or change the delivery address, I can only return it to sender. So I call up Adorama customer support, she asks for my order # and tells me I should receive an E-Mail when it's done. I call back because I wanted to see if they could do it quickly so I could pick it up tonight, but she basically yelled at me and said "20 minutes is not enough time, it will be done tomorrow". Which defeats the purpose since UPS will be out by then.

It's my delivery, I should be able to pick it up if I choose to. I don't see how it takes several hours to call UPS and tell them I can pick it up. Just because of this I'm going to order the rest of my items from B&H. UPS was very friendly and helpful during this, but both times when I called Adorama they didn't say good afternoon or goodbye, and they were pretty rude.

5D Mark III
Canon 24-70L II | Canon 70-200 2.8L IS II | Tamron 150-600 | Sigma 35 1.4

HelenOster
That's me!
4,587 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 22, 2010 16:33 |  #120

geoff5093 wrote in post #9849322 (external link)
I have to say I'm not very happy with Adorama right now.....It's my delivery, I should be able to pick it up if I choose to. I don't see how it takes several hours to call UPS and tell them I can pick it up. Just because of this I'm going to order the rest of my items from B&H. UPS was very friendly and helpful during this, but both times when I called Adorama they didn't say good afternoon or goodbye, and they were pretty rude.

I was extremely concerned to read your posting, because we take customer care extremely seriously at Adorama.
Please email me directly: elen.oster@adoramacame​ra.com (external link) with the name of the person you spoke to, or the time of your call plus the number you called from; I'll be able to listen to the tape of the call and advise the team manager acordingly.

I apologize for your evident frustration that you are unable to collect your package without passing through an ID verification process. We, like B&H, were forced too introduce these procedures due to the widespread ID fraud that led to numerous packages being collected by persons other than the addressee - we were left to pick up the bill.

If you contact me I may be able to hurry this through for you.

sponsored links

15,123 views & 0 likes for this thread
Adorama is
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.