Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 13 May 2009 (Wednesday) 22:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-=Rebel T1i / 500D Users Stand UP!

this thread is locked
PhilF
Cream of the Crop
5,737 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 20, 2010 10:15 |  #2851

malakite wrote in post #9834665 (external link)
A mate & I got "encouraged" to attend this years' Baby Expo by our respective better halves. Turn lemons into lemonade I say, so I brought the 500D along as well :p And I never thought the Sigma 24-70 would turn out this damn good. Really, really, really liking this lens a lot.

1. My Precious. 24-70mm @2.8 @ISO 800
QUOTED IMAGE

nice catch lights.

http://philfernandezph​otography.com (external link)
http://www.philfashion​photography.com (external link)
https://www.instagram.​com/philfernimagery/ (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om/philfphotography (external link)

sponsored links
paradiddleluke
Goldmember
3,594 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Mar 20, 2010 10:57 |  #2852

great pictures malakite, I am now checking out that lens! haha

Website (external link) | Chicago Actor Headshots (external link) | Gear | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | 500px (external link) | Youtube (external link) | Facebook (external link)
- Luke S -

malakite
677 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Mar 20, 2010 11:47 |  #2853

nice catch lights.

Thanks. I could lie and say that I did that on purpose when I took the photo. But then I'd lying :)

And thnx luke. If you got something covered for the wide stuff (below 24mm), then this range is proving to be very good. I'm really enjoying the extra 20mm or so for portrait stuff (on top the regular kit lens replacements; tamron 17-50/canon 17-55/etc). It's built real solid too. Only weighs slightly less than the 70-200. Also it's turning out to be pretty darn sharp wide open when I can focus that shallow dof properly on what I want :p

Not to forget the pseudo macro shots you can make with it. And all at a really reasonable price. It's now the official #1 lens on my 500D:cool:

I own a magical box that captures light!
Flickr (external link)

paradiddleluke
Goldmember
3,594 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Mar 20, 2010 16:31 |  #2854

the only problem is I want HSM or USM and IS or OS in my next lens >< so I'm thinking 17-70 OS HSM even though its "fake HSM" and the 15-85 EF-S USM, bleh lens choices.

in Other news, I went to best buy today and tried a 7D, it was a mistake.... its beautiful... and amazing.... and wow.... :[lol

Website (external link) | Chicago Actor Headshots (external link) | Gear | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | 500px (external link) | Youtube (external link) | Facebook (external link)
- Luke S -

janger
127 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 20, 2010 17:35 |  #2855

paradiddleluke wrote in post #9836521 (external link)
in Other news, I went to best buy today and tried a 7D, it was a mistake.... its beautiful... and amazing.... and wow.... :[lol

What were the main things you liked about it luke?

Dave
EOS 60D, EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55 IS, EF-S 55-250 IS, Sigma 120-400mm, Tamron 90mm, 430EX II, Yn-467 Flash

Joe ­ Ravenstein
Goldmember
2,338 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 20, 2010 18:08 |  #2856

Whoof there are a LOT of T1i cameras in use from the pages here. I just registered here and can see I am going to enjoy the forum. This is my 1st Canon but not new to photography. I started out with a Minolta SRT101 back in the 60s as my 1st SLR while in the military. I gave my Minolta to my youngest daughter for her to learn SLRs on. She got a EOS XSi for a gift and that provided feedback for me to buy the T1i. I can see I am going to learn a lot here

Canon 60D,18-55mm,55-250mm,50mm compact macro, AF ext tubes. Sigma 8-16mm uwa, 18-250mm, 85mm F1.4, 150-500mm

stickshift
533 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Mar 20, 2010 18:34 |  #2857

janger wrote in post #9836806 (external link)
What were the main things you liked about it luke?

From my experience with it at a camera store, the viewfinder was the coolest part :D Nice and big, AF points, grid, etc. look much more impressive. It felt a bit sturdier and more ergonomic. The shutter sound is better :cool: and the 8 fps is awesome.

7D, 5D mark II
17-40, 24-70 II, 70-200 f/4 IS, Zeiss 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 400/5.6

sigmakidownz
190 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 20, 2010 20:11 |  #2858

Joe Ravenstein wrote in post #9836961 (external link)
Whoof there are a LOT of T1i cameras in use from the pages here. I just registered here and can see I am going to enjoy the forum. This is my 1st Canon but not new to photography. I started out with a Minolta SRT101 back in the 60s as my 1st SLR while in the military. I gave my Minolta to my youngest daughter for her to learn SLRs on. She got a EOS XSi for a gift and that provided feedback for me to buy the T1i. I can see I am going to learn a lot here

Welcome to the forums! Time to post some pics :cool:

BOOM

S.C.Williams
48 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 20, 2010 20:38 as a reply to  @ sigmakidownz's post |  #2859

Took this out at the nearby lake yesterday.

IMAGE: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4005/4448739103_86325eeae5_b.jpg

Steve
Olympus 1979 OM-10 ( Zuiko 50mm f1.8 ), Rebel XS (35mm), Rebel T1i, EF-S 18-55mm IS, Tam 28-300mm AF ASP LD IF Macro

keddy10
28 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 20, 2010 20:44 as a reply to  @ PhilF's post |  #2860

Here are some shots from my recent trip to Italy. I was pretty impressed with my T1i, and was even more impressed that I stayed out of auto mode! Thanks to everything I have been reading on the site...it has helped me improve a lot.
C&C welcome.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

Gear - T1i/EF-S 18-55 IS (Kit)

keddy10
28 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 20, 2010 20:44 as a reply to  @ PhilF's post |  #2861

One more...

HOSTED PHOTO

ayee007
623 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Mar 20, 2010 20:59 |  #2862

keddy10 wrote in post #9837748 (external link)
Here are some shots from my recent trip to Italy. I was pretty impressed with my T1i, and was even more impressed that I stayed out of auto mode! Thanks to everything I have been reading on the site...it has helped me improve a lot.
C&C welcome.

great pix. u used the kit lens for this?

keddy10
28 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 20, 2010 21:56 |  #2863

Yep...kit lens is all I have, so far.

I am going to try and do some Post Processing to get rid of the crane in the top left of the first one, but I am still doing the tutorials for photoshop! Small steps... Last time I was into photography, I was helping my dad develop in the basement...no PP back then ;)

ferretkingdom
"open mouth, insert foot"
447 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Mar 20, 2010 22:01 as a reply to  @ keddy10's post |  #2864

janger wrote in post #9812074 (external link)
I feel the same. It will probably just turn out to be user error, but I keep wondering if my lens isn't calibrated as good? Even on a tripod I can only dream of getting shots as sharp as Dankata's at full zoom (yes even with PP). I printed out some autofocus test charts the other day and there doesn't seem to be a front/back focus problem.

I feel the same way. Its either me or the camera though, as i get the similar things with all my lenses. :(

paradiddleluke wrote in post #9831341 (external link)
haha I cant help you with the first step, my laptop's moniter apparently doesn't have contrast control, just brightness, eek

I can't even find on my laptop where to adjust the brightness and contrast. No matter where I look I cannot find it! It has windows Vista, it's Toshiba Satellite. Any ideas anyone?

Gripped T1i and lots of other Gear

Photos Here (external link) and Here (external link)

AmmoHouse
50 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 20, 2010 22:05 |  #2865

I posted this in the pets section, but I thought it should be here also.
This is my Weimaraner named Abby.
I know I cut her foot off, I rushed the shot and was zoomed in across the yard.
I know I didn't use the rule of thirds, I wanted her to be in the center.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://img.photobucket​.com/albums/v328/2Kniv​es/023-1.jpg (external link)

IYAAYAS!

Canon T1i...18-55IS...55-250IS

sponsored links

1,570,785 views & 0 likes for this thread
-=Rebel T1i / 500D Users Stand UP!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.