Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 21 Mar 2010 (Sunday) 19:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon EOS cameras...they work as advertised...they are a good buy...

jimi1851
70 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 22, 2010 23:09 |  #31

I've been a Canon fan ever since I sold video cameras at a crappy little appliance store (about 20 years ago). They (Canon) were simply the best quality, and there lenses were superb. When I decided to buy my first slr/dslr I did ALOT of research. It was really easy, based on quality, features, and budget to choose my current Canon camera. I have learned quite a bit in a short time from this camera and this forum. I am convinced that I am the only thing holding this camera back from its true potential (for now).
Well really, the biggest reason I bought Canon is because my sister-in-law is a huge Nikon lover, and I really don't like my sister-in-law!

Canon 7D, T1i, EF 70-200 2.8L II,EF 24-105L, EF-S 18-55mm, EF 28-135, EF-S 55-250mm, EF 85mm 1.8, Sigma 150-500, EF 50mm 1.8

Fernando
Goldmember
1,628 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 22, 2010 23:24 as a reply to  @ jimi1851's post |  #32

My 20D is my first Canon. Nikon boy in the film days.

To be honest when I was looking for a DSLR I got a good deal on the Canon and couldn't find a good deal on a Nikon. I figured since I wasn't used to either makes ergonomics then either would be find.

I find it amusing sometimes that the thing that brings out the most "wow"s is narrow depth of field...and any DSLR can do that. After that it does have to do with the sharpness, colors and contrast but that can be manipulated in post.

-F

Fuji convert - Ping me if you have any Fuji gear or legacy glass you're moving.

vincent_su
843 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 22, 2010 23:45 as a reply to  @ Fernando's post |  #33

OP's got a good thread going here, kudos.
The whole thing started with Canon's P&S cameras as most of them have underwater housing available. Since my wife and I are divers, that's a no brainer to go with Canon.
It's natural that I went with Canon dslr after getting used to the P&S. Besides the lens line up is great. Not that I'm going to buy many of them but I do feel like having the choices. From Xti to 50D, I'm satisfied and planning on going ff in the near future.
PS: I still have my Nikon FM2 and several lenses that I don't know what to do with them as I don't shoot films any more.

Vincent
"My dark room is bright and I like it."
5Diii; 24-105 f/4; 100 Macro f/2.8; 17-40 f/4; 70-200 f/4 IS; 100-400 II; TS-E90 and stuff.

leroy_sunset
679 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Mar 23, 2010 02:09 |  #34

I used to shoot Nikon film, got some great shots. Then I picked up the 300D and just about crapped my pants.

I never looked back. I really like that the lenses are way cheaper for same/similar performance as compared to Nikon equivalents.

When I was in Japan at a touristy shrine, a Swedish guy asked me to take a pic of him and his girl. He handed me his Nikon, and it took me a sec, but I figured it out. He offered to reciprocate, and looked puzzled at my camera. He said "God I hate these piece of sh*t Canons," no attempt to hide his distaste. I responded, "ya, I just can't stand Nikons." We laughed about it pretty good.

On another side note, I had a friend who was looking to buy a DLSR, and he was talking Nikon. I was so against him going that route, I actually gave him a 30D, Nifty, and 28-80 along with a flash to make sure he stayed on our side. I later sold him a 28-135mm IS for $150, and he's currently borrowing my 10-22. It worked :D

Canon's Jurassic Park - 1Ds, 1D bodies
My traveling buddy: the trusty S95
Newest addition: T2i
Glass - 50mm 1.4, 40mm 2.8 STM, "the dirty 85" 1.8, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 430exII, 270ex, and more... including my favorite Lens: the 17-40mm!

Steave
113 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Mar 23, 2010 04:10 |  #35

Talk about above and beyond the call of duty! You deserve a medal.

leroy_sunset wrote in post #9852599 (external link)
On another side note, I had a friend who was looking to buy a DLSR, and he was talking Nikon. I was so against him going that route, I actually gave him a 30D, Nifty, and 28-80 along with a flash to make sure he stayed on our side. I later sold him a 28-135mm IS for $150, and he's currently borrowing my 10-22. It worked :D

EOS 1D Mark II, 70-200 f/2.8L, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Tamron 19-35, 50 f/1.8, 3x Sigma 530 DG Super
Flickr (external link) | DeviantART (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

3,207 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon EOS cameras...they work as advertised...they are a good buy...
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.