Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 11 Jan 2010 (Monday) 18:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Yosemite National Park, April 7-10, 2010

brecklundin
Goldmember
2,179 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 22, 2010 20:40 |  #151

Killjoy wrote in post #9850879 (external link)
Well it turns out that Lowell, while he can't be at Yosemite for Saturday, he was able to adjust the nights he's in the condo, and will be arriving on Tuesday, and have to leave on Friday late afternoon, or early evening.
Heck, maybe they can still stay for dinner? :)

cool...

Robert, Mmmmm, Salsa.

Sara yes...Alan...hmmmm...w​e'll see, I dunno we'll need to see about you.  :p

We have another couple of folks who are coming for the trip also. (They shoot Nikons, which is why they don't come to this board :p )
I'll get them on board with the dinner plans. :D

They shouldn't feel embarassed by the might of my Pentax gear, so they should post... :p Then again they likely have real lives, unlike some of us, me included. :oops:

Real men shoot Pentax because we're born with our own Canon's!!
{Ok...ok, some of use just have a PnS but it it always makes me happy! :D}
Pentax K5, K20D, Three Amigos (Pentax FA 31/1.8 Limited Silver, Pentax FA 43/1.9 Limited Silver, Pentax FA 77/1.8 Limited Silver), Pentax DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited, Sigma 24-60/2.8

sponsored links
brecklundin
Goldmember
2,179 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 22, 2010 20:42 |  #152

Killjoy wrote in post #9850923 (external link)
ROFLMAO.

hahahahaha....btw, I just gave my NattyG backpack bag it's first pre-trip soaking in Nixwax...time to rinse then repeat tomorrow or when it's dry. Love that stuff for my bags and even my clothes as well...I never run outta waterproof hats.

Pentax K5, K20D, Three Amigos (Pentax FA 31/1.8 Limited Silver, Pentax FA 43/1.9 Limited Silver, Pentax FA 77/1.8 Limited Silver), Pentax DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited, Sigma 24-60/2.8

Killjoy
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,648 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 23, 2010 19:36 |  #153

Okay, Mo. I didn't mean to volunteer you to bring spaghetti for everyone. :p
I got the impression that you were going to bring that for you and Skip.

However, if we DO wanna do the PotLuck thing, then I'll be happy to bring spaghetti for one night (and even try to find some Gluten Free stuff for Robert).
Robert already said he'd bring some smoked meats (Turkey Breasts and maybe some tri tips?).
Lowell said he'd bring some Chilli for one night.
Joan (from another forum) would like to bring something for one night, but if all the entree's are taken, I'm sure she'll be happy to kick in some salads or something.

So? Are we gonna go with this, or just kinda wing it?

Some people hunt with a gun. I use a Canon.
My Smugmug (external link) page
All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

brecklundin
Goldmember
2,179 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 23, 2010 21:27 |  #154

seriously, do not worry about GF stuff for me because I also have the dairy thing as a tag along...I'll stick to what I bring, and Mo's 'tater salad...maybe we need to "...call her 'tater salad..." waddoyathink?

I am used to this, in fact I even bring my own pots and a couple bans when I do travel or visit friends and since cooking is something I really enjoy, I am used to it all anymore.

I do, however appreciate the consideration...especi​ally considering the sounds, I mean geeze...hehehehe... :p

I was thinking of making my own sort of casserole thing, there to last a couple days or even just a couple pots of soup, even good German sauerkraut, can't use barley anymore of course but I found, HOMMINE of all things serves as a nice substitute. Plus that is my all time favorite breakfast food, cold leftover sauerkraut...not to worry it grossed out my family, well, except for my Uncle Ray, he thought I was weird, but also loved that I just liked it!... :) All of this I can make ahead of time or even there since we have a bit of a kitchen.

Did I mention, from the info I read, I really like even the studio units. They seem a lot like the rooms at Extended Stay of America (I stayed in them when they were new and I was still doing Antique Shows, and losing my shirt and about any other body part you care to name...)

Anyway, I am going to try and get the stuff together to make a BIG pot if salsa. I will try and get really fresh lard (only beef, nor pork just in case there are non-porkers there, veggie/vegans...screw 'em...hehehehe, naw if there are any vegans/veggies coming lemme know so I just grab a few gallon's of peanut oil for making the chips then and there). We have a large number of amazing Mexican markets here and the meats & such are always exceptional.

As for the potluck, I say we simply wing it. It's fun when spontaneous and simple. Too much organization might be not as much fun...this group seems more sperm of the moment kinda peeples...those are always the more fun pot luck things.

I will plan on meats for about 10 folks and if we have more, we slice thinner... :P That reminds me, time to spend some quality time with my knives...did I mention Dexter is my hero?

OK, back to finally trying to get a grasp of how Chase Bank handles checking accounts...one thing about WaMu was they were 100% REAL TIME...these geezers at Chase are pure Robber Barons and I never know what my balance is when i look online...and these days I confuse easily. Right about now I wish I actually sent in my MMJ application, it sure couldn't hurt! hehehehe....

Killjoy
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,648 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 23, 2010 21:33 |  #155

brecklundin wrote in post #9858225 (external link)
......well, except for my Uncle Ray, he thought I was weird....

And he was right! :lol:

brecklundin
Goldmember
2,179 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 23, 2010 21:34 |  #156

Pot, meet Kettle... :P

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,149 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 23, 2010 21:40 |  #157

I will bring spaghetti for everyone if some one else wants to bring a salad, someone garlic bread, someone dessert, someone wine :)

I am also going to make a big pot of pulled pork and sandwich rolls and everyone is welcome to join in.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

Killjoy
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,648 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 23, 2010 21:41 |  #158

I'll be happy to do the garlic bread, salad and wine. :D

That covers one night.  :p

Maureen ­ Souza
33,149 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 23, 2010 21:44 |  #159

We are only going to be there Thurs. and Friday nights.

Someone has to work on Sunday ;)

5DMK4
7DMK2

Killjoy
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,648 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 23, 2010 21:57 |  #160

Yeah yeah. Go ahead and rub in the fact that you have a job.

That's okay. Lowell had to switch his days, and will be there from Tuesday until Friday, leaving on Friday.

brecklundin
Goldmember
2,179 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 23, 2010 22:00 |  #161

I will offer some advance warning...I might not make every evening, it depends on the physical beating I subject myself to every day. In fact there are some chances I wont leave the condo area on a day just to recover from a previous day. That is why I am driving from here to Fresno on the 6th so I get a nice rest and bed Tuesday night at my friends McMansion, plus I get to spend a good part of the afternoon and evening playing with baby Justin for the first time...one of the reasons I went to the faster primes but also why I need to K7 for the far better AF amongst other reasons....

But then I can mozy up to the condo's on the 7th w/o the long drive...

Mo: Isn't working on Sunday the task delegated to most "gawds" on the planet? BYW, I am leaving on Saturday sometime and heading back to Freezno for a few days. I need time to teach baby Justin all the important things his dad is NOT allowed to teach him which will not only serve him for life, but odds are scar him for life as well...it's fun not to care, huh? hehehehehe...and I much bring NOISY toys, repetitive, NOISY and obnoxious toys for boys. Of course I could also bring my a "Princess" bedding set and perhaps some Leetle Princess Dr. Denton's as well...

Maureen ­ Souza
33,149 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 23, 2010 22:18 |  #162

Robert, I pick my work days and normally i work Sat. Sun. Mon. because we have grandkids here during the week.

But I pushed my workdays up one day to make the Yosemite trip. :) On the other hand, I gave up my 2 days that I have the baby every week :(

5DMK4
7DMK2

henryp
419 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Mar 24, 2010 10:36 |  #163

brecklundin wrote in post #9828427 (external link)
HenryP from B&H is AWESOME...new lens is on the way and old lens is on the way back...that fast that easy. Coolness ensues...

PS: new lense WILL be here tomorrow, Saturday...how nice is that?

Happy I could help and glad all's worked out in the end.

Henry Posner (external link)
B&H Photo-Video (external link)

Killjoy
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,648 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 24, 2010 14:34 |  #164

Two weeks and counting............ :p

fiveFPS
Goldmember
1,180 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 24, 2010 18:28 |  #165

wow that's an awesome condo! It really looks good inside.. I've never stayed there before and the prices are very reasonable. I'll see if i can get a last minute site.. maybe I can join for some photo tours!

Canon XTI | Canon 430ex | Crumpler 7MDH | 18-55mm

sponsored links

14,196 views & 0 likes for this thread
Yosemite National Park, April 7-10, 2010
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.