Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 06 Apr 2010 (Tuesday) 01:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5d2 in "M" Mode - Cannot adjust aperture

TexRex
THREAD ­ STARTER
345 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 06, 2010 08:26 |  #16

Yep. All have been cleared and nothing works. I will be calling Canon. Thanks guys!

Canon stuff....

sponsored links
sapearl
Cream of the Crop
15,661 posts
Gallery: 76 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 06, 2010 08:32 |  #17

Sorry to hear about the problems Tex - I only have the Classic 5D and this is something from left field....... but is it possible that either you have inadvertantly set a really low ISO or high one, and whatever aperture you are trying to set has no effect? So it "appears" to be non-functioning? - Stu

TexRex wrote in post #9942461 (external link)
Yep. All have been cleared and nothing works. I will be calling Canon. Thanks guys!

GEAR LIST
MY WEBSITE (external link)- MY GALLERIES (external link)- MY BLOG (external link)
Artists Archives of the Western Reserve (external link) - Board
Donate to POTN here

TexRex
THREAD ­ STARTER
345 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 06, 2010 08:39 |  #18

sapearl wrote in post #9942483 (external link)
Sorry to hear about the problems Tex - I only have the Classic 5D and this is something from left field....... but is it possible that either you have inadvertantly set a really low ISO or high one, and whatever aperture you are trying to set has no effect? So it "appears" to be non-functioning? - Stu

Unfortunately not. I have tried ISO's all across the board and it is not working.

Canon stuff....

sapearl
Cream of the Crop
15,661 posts
Gallery: 76 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 06, 2010 08:53 |  #19

Ok - you're way ahead of me on that then. I thought perhaps it was something "out of range."

How about another long shot: Kill everything COMPLETELY back to factory defaults. Turn the power off, remove the main battery as well as the WATCH battery. Let it sit for about two minutes, reassemble and repower.

TexRex wrote in post #9942517 (external link)
Unfortunately not. I have tried ISO's all across the board and it is not working.

GEAR LIST
MY WEBSITE (external link)- MY GALLERIES (external link)- MY BLOG (external link)
Artists Archives of the Western Reserve (external link) - Board
Donate to POTN here

TexRex
THREAD ­ STARTER
345 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 06, 2010 10:42 |  #20

sapearl wrote in post #9942583 (external link)
Ok - you're way ahead of me on that then. I thought perhaps it was something "out of range."

How about another long shot: Kill everything COMPLETELY back to factory defaults. Turn the power off, remove the main battery as well as the WATCH battery. Let it sit for about two minutes, reassemble and repower.

I just called Canon in Irvine, CA. It is going in for repair. There is definately something wrong.

Canon stuff....

benesotor
Goldmember
1,827 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 06, 2010 11:00 |  #21

It sounds like the firmware problem being reported by lots of 5D2 users.

Try a different lens? Apparently it was the 100 f2.8 that was problematic but maybe other lenses do it too.

EDIT: Forget that, apparently the issue doesn't exist any-more!

hairy_moth
Goldmember
3,739 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 06, 2010 11:06 |  #22

What lens are you using?
(Sorry, but I saw a similar question once and the problem was the lensbaby)

7D | 300D | G1X | Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 | EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 | EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro | EF 85mm f/1.8 | 70-200 f/2.8L MkII -- flickr (external link)

bulldogg7
469 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Apr 06, 2010 11:08 |  #23

Same thing happened on my new 50D, the main dial would do nothing at all. 10 minutes later it magically started working again and hasn't done it again since.

Jeff:
Junk Box
, Facebook (external link)

booja
Goldmember
1,638 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 06, 2010 14:04 |  #24

Damn that sucks van. Hope you got it brand new and have a warranty

sponsored links

2,193 views & 0 likes for this thread
5d2 in "M" Mode - Cannot adjust aperture
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.