Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Motorsports Talk 
Thread started 10 Apr 2010 (Saturday) 09:13
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Silverstone Positions

mattyb240
844 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 10, 2010 09:13 |  #1

My friends are taking part in a Skyline World Record attempt at Silverstone tomorrow, and whilst I have been to track before I have never been to attempt to really take pics. They will only be doing two laps so I won't have that much time to move around.

Can anyone recommend a good shooting point? I will unfortunately be using my Tamron 70-300 as I can't afford to rent L glass for the day :oops:

Deviant Art (external link)

sponsored links
Mike ­ Hoyer
252 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Apr 10, 2010 14:22 |  #2

What circuit configuration?

Motorsport Photographer

andrewc
Goldmember
1,403 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 10, 2010 14:33 |  #3

Luffield Terrace.

Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography • Facebook Entry • Canon EOS 7D / 50D / 40D / 24-105L / Sigma 100-300 f4 / 50mm f1.8 / Tamron 28-300 / 2x Canon 580EX2 flash / Interfit and Lastolite studio gear / Manfrotto supports / Lowepro Stealth Reporter AW650 and Computrekker

mattyb240
THREAD ­ STARTER
844 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 10, 2010 15:33 as a reply to  @ andrewc's post |  #4

I think it's the full circuit due to the number of cars, an cheers, hopin to have a good explore of time permits.

GSH
"wetter than an otter's pocket"
3,939 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Apr 10, 2010 15:56 |  #5

andrewc wrote in post #9969891 (external link)
Luffield Terrace.

With limited time (2 laps) that's where i would go too.

This is with a 500, but you can always crop a bit.

IMAGE: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/geoff.hubbert/Pics/Images%202009/HSCC%20Silverstone/HSCC%20Silverstone0306_1.jpg

Geoff www.bhppix.co.uk (external link)

Ingsy
726 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 12, 2010 07:33 |  #6

GSH - is that shooting through the fence? Or are you tall enough to see over it?

Zenfolio (external link) || Project 365 - less than 1 month to go! (external link) || Always happy for C&C on my images!
Canon 400D || 18-55 IS || Sigma 30mm F1.4 || Nifty TwoFifty || Not enough time :(

andrewc
Goldmember
1,403 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 12, 2010 08:04 |  #7

If you stand towards the back of the terrace you can shoot over the fence in some areas, or if you stand closer you can either shoot through, or between the wire at the top and the lower mesh.

Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography • Facebook Entry • Canon EOS 7D / 50D / 40D / 24-105L / Sigma 100-300 f4 / 50mm f1.8 / Tamron 28-300 / 2x Canon 580EX2 flash / Interfit and Lastolite studio gear / Manfrotto supports / Lowepro Stealth Reporter AW650 and Computrekker

GSH
"wetter than an otter's pocket"
3,939 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Apr 12, 2010 10:33 |  #8

Ingsy wrote in post #9978919 (external link)
GSH - is that shooting through the fence? Or are you tall enough to see over it?

I can see over it from all but the nearest steps, but as Andrew has already said you can just move up a step or 2 to see over it, assuming they haven't done anything silly during the recent "improvements". I haven't been to Sillystone this year.

Geoff www.bhppix.co.uk (external link)

Ingsy
726 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 13, 2010 03:16 |  #9

That's good to know - thanks for the replies. Am hoping to go there for Renault World Series later in the year.

Was there for F1 last year, but didn't like the look of the prices to get into there :)

Zenfolio (external link) || Project 365 - less than 1 month to go! (external link) || Always happy for C&C on my images!
Canon 400D || 18-55 IS || Sigma 30mm F1.4 || Nifty TwoFifty || Not enough time :(

mattyb240
THREAD ­ STARTER
844 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 13, 2010 15:26 |  #10

Well thanks for the tips chaps, I actually ended up having a mad dash rush to any corner I could get to as the Silverstone organisers gave the Skyline Owners quite the mess around.

These are my two friends:

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i793.photobucke​t.com …0/April10_Skyli​ne_066.jpg (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i793.photobucke​t.com …0/April10_Skyli​ne_056.jpg (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

mattyb240
THREAD ­ STARTER
844 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 13, 2010 15:27 |  #11

Forgot to add, I seem to have really nasty purple fringing on my friends Silver GTR that I can't shift in Lightroom!

sponsored links

1,250 views & 0 likes for this thread
Silverstone Positions
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Motorsports Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.