Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 13 Apr 2010 (Tuesday) 17:12
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lightroom 3 Beta 2 issue

Scooter650
750 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 13, 2010 17:12 |  #1

I have searched and cannot find the solution to my problem, please help! I imported a shoot into Lightroom and edited about 100 shots. I only exported them as web resolution images for the client to review.

Now they have picked the ones they want and I cannot access the RAW files any longer within Lightroom. :oops: The files are there on the hard drive, and I can see them if I try to re-import them, but they don't show up in the catalog or folder?? What have I done and how do I like them back up? HELP!?

Scott I S2Imagery (external link) I Flickr (external link) I Facebook (external link) I 5DII, Canon 85 f1.8, Canon 50mm f1.4

sponsored links
tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 13, 2010 17:49 |  #2

If you are trying to access the files that you exported, you will need to re-import the jpegs (assuming that's what you exported them to). The original files should still be in your catalog in the original folders. Double-check this and get back to us if the originals seem to be missing.

On looking again at your post, you say

I can see them if I try to re-import them, but they don't show up in the catalog or folder

-- what exactly happens if you try to re-import them?

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

Scooter650
THREAD ­ STARTER
750 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 13, 2010 18:31 |  #3

No, the jpg's I exported are there, that is not the issue. The RAW file is not longer there.

I see the original RAW file when I go to the import dialog, but it is greyed out, and if I click on it nothing happens. When I right click on it I get the message that the photo has already been imported...but it is not in the folder.

Scott I S2Imagery (external link) I Flickr (external link) I Facebook (external link) I 5DII, Canon 85 f1.8, Canon 50mm f1.4

garys1
Goldmember
1,044 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Apr 13, 2010 18:35 |  #4

Scooter650 wrote in post #9989295 (external link)
No, the jpg's I exported are there, that is not the issue. The RAW file is not longer there.

I see the original RAW file when I go to the import dialog, but it is greyed out, and if I click on it nothing happens. When I right click on it I get the message that the photo has already been imported...but it is not in the folder.

I just tried and exported a RAW file to jpeg. Nothing happened to the RAW file (it's still in my Lightroom Catalog). When I import the jpeg file, both of them show up in LR.

Sdiver2489
Goldmember
2,845 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2009

Apr 13, 2010 18:54 as a reply to  @ garys1's post |  #5

I bet if you mouse over your images in the image library it will say the image contains and RAW+JPEG.

Please visit my Flickr (external link) and leave a comment!

Gear:
Canon 5D III, Canon 24-70L F4 IS, Canon 70-300L F4-F5.6 IS, Canon 100mm F2.8L IS Macro, Canon 35mm F2.0 IS, Canon 430EX II-RT, Canon 600EX II-RT

FarmerTed
112 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 13, 2010 18:57 |  #6

Also make sure you have the correct selection in the "Catalog" menu on the left sidebar, perhaps you have Quick Collection or Previous Import selected and it's hiding the rest of the pictures?

Hogan
VisionaryPhotos.COM (external link)
-= Canon 50D =-
-= Canon G9 =-

breadandbutter
520 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 13, 2010 19:06 |  #7

Make sure the filters are off.

It's a good day if I'm looking down at the grass and not up at the roots.
Kevin

Scooter650
THREAD ­ STARTER
750 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 13, 2010 19:10 |  #8

I've used LR3B2 for over 100 photos, but something happened to this folder.

Does not say RAW+JPEG, already checked it and did again. Even re-imported the JPG's just to see and now I have duplicates of all the JPG's. :-(

I have the correct catalog selected, they are not there any longer. If I select "All Photos" from the top of the folder list, I can see them there, but when I click on one I get the "loading" icon that just churns and churns and never loads it. Regardless, it is not in that folder anymore.

FarmerTed
112 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 13, 2010 19:42 |  #9

Not that this helps you at all, but with LR2 and LR3 I import and convert to DNG. I don't work off the original RAW files at all, they're kept safe on another drive.

Hogan
VisionaryPhotos.COM (external link)
-= Canon 50D =-
-= Canon G9 =-

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 13, 2010 19:54 |  #10

Scooter, are your images backed up? If not, do that right away!

Then, when you go to All Photos and you see the missing Raw files, if you right-click on one and select Go to Folder in Library, what happens?

Tony
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

Scooter650
THREAD ­ STARTER
750 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 13, 2010 20:54 |  #11

tonylong wrote in post #9989808 (external link)
Scooter, are your images backed up? If not, do that right away!

Then, when you go to All Photos and you see the missing Raw files, if you right-click on one and select Go to Folder in Library, what happens?

Yep, backed up, I do that religously. When I go to All Photos and right-click and select Go To Folder in Library, nothing happens. When I select Show In Explorer I get an error that says "an internal error has occured: ?:0: attempt to index field 'folder' (a nil value)"

When I choose to show in Loupe View, that is when it just churns away and says "loading" but never stops.

The only ones that are actually showing up in the library are those that I have not processed yet.

I am just frustrated at this point. The files are all still on my hard-drive, in the location I stored them, I just don't want to re-process all of them! :cry:

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 13, 2010 21:42 |  #12

OK, someone had a problem a couple days ago that got solved by running a catalog integrity test do you have that automatically run when you do a backup? Have you tried since you had this problem?

I'd try that, and also get onto the Adobe User Forum site and see if you can pick up any tidbits there, and put in a bug report -- that's what the Beta is all about!

Tony

Scooter650
THREAD ­ STARTER
750 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 13, 2010 22:03 |  #13

tonylong wrote in post #9990422 (external link)
OK, someone had a problem a couple days ago that got solved by running a catalog integrity test do you have that automatically run when you do a backup? Have you tried since you had this problem?

I'd try that, and also get onto the Adobe User Forum site and see if you can pick up any tidbits there, and put in a bug report -- that's what the Beta is all about!

Finally dawned on me to try and figure out the whole backup. I have it set to back up weekly (just changed that to daily!), so I went back 3 days, reloaded the backup and all is good.:rolleyes:

Not sure what happened, but I will put in a report...thanks for everyone's help, hopefully others can learn from this!

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 13, 2010 22:22 |  #14

Well, glad it's working, maybe Adobe support has a way of finding out what happened.

Tony

sponsored links

1,442 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lightroom 3 Beta 2 issue
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.