I have had my XSi for about 3 years now. I still enjoy it but have the following reasons for wanting to upgrade to a 50D. Are they good enough reasons or should I just stick with the XSi?
1. Ergonomics. Love the size.
2. LCD Screen. Sometimes its hard to accurately measure the quality of my photo on the XSi (if I nailed the AF or not)
3. Better AF. I used them side-by-side to shoot a show in really low light and the 50D with a 50mm f/1.8 was catching focus in really dark conditions over my XSi with a 28mm f/1.8
4. Faster burst rate. speaks for itself
5. Buffer size. I hit my 6 image buffer on my XSi often. Kind of annoying to wait for the buffer to clear even when I'm using a class 10 SDHC
The only downside is no video recording. Not that I plan on taking videos often but for the occasional capture.
*EDIT* Other downside is that there wouldn't be much improvement in ISO performance.
Thoughts? Thanks in advance POTN. I love you guys.