Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 20 Feb 2011 (Sunday) 18:53
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Don't forget to ask how many guests!

karobinson
Goldmember
1,236 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Feb 20, 2011 18:53 |  #1

Okay, have to admit. When I was asked if I wanted to shoot photos at a 16 year old's birthday party I thought now this would be easy. WRONG

110 sixteen year olds all dressed to the hill to attend a "grammy night" birthday party.

My legs are so sore from showing them how to squat down...oh and if you want them to move an inch you have to move a foot.... And my arms are so sore from carrying in the equiptment and then carrying them out... Oh did I mention, I WORE HEELS!

It was fun though...now to get the photos online for them to view/order....

Ann Robinson:)
My Gear: bunch of stuff;....some I love ... some I hate ... some I can't live without..loving my 5d3...

sponsored links
Karl ­ Johnston
Cream of the Crop
9,334 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 20, 2011 18:58 |  #2
bannedPermanent ban

This is why some photographers charge per head instead of by hour :D

Adventurous Photographer, Writer (external link) & Wedding Photographer (external link)

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Feb 20, 2011 19:14 |  #3

I hope the orders far out weigh the pain! It sound worse than shooting the T&I of a girls HS sport team "Wait, there was a slight breeze, I need to fix my hair" "Ooo I don't like the pose, please take it again" "Can you get ride of my pimples?" and it goes On and On and On.

Mike R
www.mikerubinphoto.com (external link)

TopHatMoments
Goldmember
1,173 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Feb 21, 2011 10:04 |  #4

Imagine Doing that party and having a 6am sunrise shoot the next morning, a CEO head shot at 11am and 2 senior shoots after 4 pm and it's just Monday.

Bet you wear some comfortable shoes the next time.

I wear a comfortable pair of Tennis shoes for everything except the formal part of the wedding.
Sore foots ezzzz can turn a short session into a long ride through he¡¡. I also wear a knee pad so when I drop to a knee to shoot, I don't scream because there was a pebble there..

I'm glad you had fun, they can be a hoot and seeing how everyone was dressed to the ninth, your print sales should help make it all worth while.

Canon to PhotoShop, “Beam me up”! LR3 set course for CS5, Warp speed 64!___ ((dpp___/==***^***

cbknight
Goldmember
1,767 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Feb 21, 2011 10:27 |  #5

Shot 5 senior girls. Put out the schedule of an hour and a half apart. Well, obviously they talked because for moral support four of the five showed up at the same time and they were having a blast. We shot from 10am to 9 last night. Woke up this morning and feel like I got hit by a bus.

The good news is, I wasnt wearing heals. The bad news is, I have 756 images to start working through. Just the two backups and converting to tiffs is taking hours.

My point, other than the hit by bus comment......I had 5 teens, I would have never made it with 110.

Craig
4K Photography Studio
[/URL]

gravy ­ graffix
Goldmember
1,134 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Feb 21, 2011 13:08 |  #6

sounds like you have "wedding hangover" its what i feel on sundays... :)

Peoria IL Wedding Photographer (external link) Chicago Wedding Photographers (external link)

TopHatMoments
Goldmember
1,173 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Feb 21, 2011 13:10 |  #7

Best cure for wedding hangover, is a good stiff dose of bank deposit!

Canon to PhotoShop, “Beam me up”! LR3 set course for CS5, Warp speed 64!___ ((dpp___/==***^***

sponsored links

1,173 views & 0 likes for this thread
Don't forget to ask how many guests!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.