Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 20 Feb 2011 (Sunday) 22:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adorama Fans Unite!

Jazzi
THREAD ­ STARTER
216 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2010

Feb 22, 2011 01:13 |  #31

MOkoFOko wrote in post #11883197 (external link)
This is just lame. I like Adorama, but this is too much. Reading this is cringe-worthy. Don't forget to start a "I <3 Adorama" facebook page.

Hey, not a bad idea! Thanks.;)

------
Canon 5dMk3
Canon 24-105L f4, Canon 135 f2.0L, Canon 100L IS 2.8 Macro, Canon 50mm 1.4, Canon 70-200L, Canon 16-35L 2.8IS II, Canon 85 f1.8

sponsored links
ImCBParker
893 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Feb 22, 2011 01:21 |  #32

Not to add, but have had nothing but great service and support from Adorama.

Canon 5DIII, 7D, 40D, 8-14L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, 24L, 50L, 85 f1.8, 100L, 135L, 1.4 Extender, Tokina 16-28 f2.8, and too many lights and accessories to list.
Website (external link)

Dr.Pete
984 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Feb 22, 2011 11:04 |  #33

Another +1 from this happy Adorama customer... I also have a 2-year-old daughter, and Adorama participates in the upromise program, so 2% of all my purchases at Adorama go to my daughter's college savings account. It's a nice little bonus. :)

Tools of the dark side | MacBook Pro/LR3/Photoshop CS5
“Gear Is Good, Vision Is Better.” -- David duChemin

Yno
862 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 22, 2011 20:56 as a reply to  @ Dr.Pete's post |  #34

For many non photographic items, I use Amazon, but if it is photography related, I go to Adorama first. I only buy elsewhere if Adorama doesn't have it, or I have to have it NOW and my local store has it in stock. My first purchases at Adorama were literally back when they started - I have been a customer that long (and I am that old!). I have never had a problem with a purchase or a return. Could they possibly ever make a mistake? Certainly, they are human. But from all my past experience, they make it right immediately. They will continue to enjoy my support.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
www.imawino.com (external link)

Jazzi
THREAD ­ STARTER
216 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Feb 23, 2011 02:17 |  #35

Dr.Pete wrote in post #11891983 (external link)
Another +1 from this happy Adorama customer... I also have a 2-year-old daughter, and Adorama participates in the upromise program, so 2% of all my purchases at Adorama go to my daughter's college savings account. It's a nice little bonus. :)

DID NOT know that. Cool!

------
Canon 5dMk3
Canon 24-105L f4, Canon 135 f2.0L, Canon 100L IS 2.8 Macro, Canon 50mm 1.4, Canon 70-200L, Canon 16-35L 2.8IS II, Canon 85 f1.8

sprials
40 posts
Joined May 2009

Feb 23, 2011 03:39 |  #36

Seriously people? Adorama is a retailer, at the end of the day their goal is your money. I've had good experiences with Amazon, 17th Street, Adorama, B&H, and it pretty much just comes down to cost. This isn't like airlines where you get frequent flier miles.

Gear: 5D2 + 17-40mm F/4L + Sigma 50mm F/1.4 + 70-200 F/4L IS
Gitzo 1541T + Markins Q3T

Yno
862 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 23, 2011 08:24 as a reply to  @ sprials's post |  #37

The company for which I work has the goal of making money, also. This keeps a bunch of us housed and fed. We also pride ourselves in giving excellent value to our customers. If for some reason we screw up, we would certainly fix things. But to have some disgruntled person spread negative and false information about that could cause us to lose future business is just plain wrong. There are many people on this site who have had very good experiences with Adorama, and perhaps just out of a feeling of fairness would like to try to counteract the effects of one person who, for whatever reason, is not happy. If you can't accept this at face value, then think of it as pure selfishness. We want Adorama to prosper and stick around so we can continue get good deals from them.

If this thread is painful to read, there are thousands of others on this forum where you could spend some time.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
www.imawino.com (external link)

Addicted2EOS
Goldmember
1,774 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 23, 2011 08:28 |  #38

sprials wrote in post #11897258 (external link)
Seriously people? Adorama is a retailer, at the end of the day their goal is your money. I've had good experiences with Amazon, 17th Street, Adorama, B&H, and it pretty much just comes down to cost. This isn't like airlines where you get frequent flier miles.

I do not think this thread is as much about praising Adorama over other vendors. Rather, it is meant as a commentary about how silly the "other" thread is for criticizing Adorama for a customer's mistake. I think people are getting tired of the unwarranted rants.

I think it was just a Karma payback.

Canon 40D and more lenses than my wife knows about...

tom1s
Goldmember
1,919 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 23, 2011 08:42 as a reply to  @ Addicted2EOS's post |  #39

I worked in the food service industry for years. People are MUCH more likely to complain if something is not right than they are to praise if something is done well. Fact of life. You generally hear the bad, not the good.
That being said, I have no problem with this thread. I have done a lot of business with Adorama, recommended them to others and will have no qualms about dealing with them in the future.

- I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.

HelenOster
That's me!
4,506 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 23, 2011 08:57 |  #40

tom1s wrote in post #11898083 (external link)
I worked in the food service industry for years. People are MUCH more likely to complain if something is not right than they are to praise if something is done well. Fact of life. You generally hear the bad, not the good.
That being said, I have no problem with this thread. I have done a lot of business with Adorama, recommended them to others and will have no qualms about dealing with them in the future.

Thank you;

PS I laughed like a drain when I saw your sig. quote. So much so that I tweeted it!

Addicted2EOS
Goldmember
1,774 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 23, 2011 09:07 |  #41

There is an old saying in retail: If you please a customer they might tell one person. If you upset a customer they will tell ten people.

Canon 40D and more lenses than my wife knows about...

XxDJCyberLoverxX
Goldmember
1,139 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 23, 2011 09:35 |  #42

Adorama and B&H both have excellent track records in my book. I don't know why, but I tend to buy stuff more from Adorama if both of them (B&H) carry the same item.

I buy from B&H only if Adorama doesn't stock them (ie Speedotron Beauty Dish). I bought my Think Tank Photo bags from Adorama b/c B&H doesn't stock them. lol.

Daniel
Sony a7 / Sony a7s / FE 24-70mm / FE 28mm F/2 / Samyang 135mm
Nebula 4000 Lite / Manfrotto 190cx
POTN Feedback / My Work! (external link)

shoot2day
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Feb 23, 2011 13:56 |  #43

Like others I have had a very good experience dealing with Adorama. I will look at prices from a number of stores and I buy whenever the price is good and the dealer has a good record. I never worry when I buy from Adorama, I always get just what I order.

Camera: Canon 7D
Lens: EFS 60 2.8, EF 28-135 3.5, EF 75-300 5.6, EFS 18-55
Gear: Tamrac backpack, Manfrotto 3021pro tripod w/3047 head,cheap monopod.

hammer418
Goldmember
2,176 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Feb 23, 2011 14:13 |  #44

Hip-Hip-Hooray !
.... I LOVE Adorama.

Jazzi
THREAD ­ STARTER
216 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Feb 23, 2011 17:06 |  #45

Ordered the two things I wanted on Sunday, arrived on Wednesday (Monday was a holiday). Can't beat that service.

Important to note that I ordered exactly what I wanted, not something else and then got mad when Adorama didn't read my mind and send me what I was thinking of when I ordered the wrong thing.

Thanks Adorama!

------
Canon 5dMk3

sponsored links

3,138 views & 0 likes for this thread
Adorama Fans Unite!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.