Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 01 Mar 2011 (Tuesday) 20:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

lee filter holder

musso
662 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 01, 2011 20:49 |  #1

i need a lee filter holder. I was woundering if i could ues a hitech filter holder seeing how i cant find a lee filter holder.

any help would be great.

thank you
joe

sponsored links
argyle
Cream of the Crop
8,187 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Mar 02, 2011 07:16 |  #2

You could...a 4-inch filter is a 4-inch filter (or 100mm for the metric folks). Just be sure to use the proper Hitech adapter rings...

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son". - Dean Wormer

GEAR LIST

rklepper
Dignity-Esteem-Compassion
8,994 posts
Joined Dec 2003
Location: No longer living at the center of the known universe, moved just slightly to the right. Iowa, USA.

Mar 02, 2011 09:26 |  #3

I am not sure that the Lee filters will fit into the Hitech holder. The Hitech's are thinner. I am not at home and cannot verify, but my guess is no.

Doc Klepper in the USA
I
am a photorealist, I like my photos with a touch of what was actually there.
Polite C&C always welcome, Thanks. Gear List

argyle
Cream of the Crop
8,187 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Mar 02, 2011 11:58 as a reply to  @ rklepper's post |  #4

The OP didn't make it clear that he actually has Lee filters...he just stated that he's looking for a Lee holder.

Anyway, IIRC, the Hitech filters are about 0.5mm thinner than a Lee filter. They may be a hair snug, but I don't think that its too big of a deal (which is why I didn't mention it in my first post). Better to be a hair snug than a hair loose...

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son". - Dean Wormer

GEAR LIST

Mike ­ K
Goldmember
1,637 posts
Joined Apr 2001

Mar 02, 2011 14:42 |  #5

If you need a third choice I know that both Lee and Hitech filters will fit in a Cokin Z holder.
http://www.2filter.com …s/CokinZvsLeeFi​lters.html (external link)

Canon 6D, 1DmkII, IR modified 5DII with lots of Canon L, TSE and Zeiss ZE lenses

CameraBuff
Goldmember
2,860 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Mar 02, 2011 17:37 |  #6

I would just hold out and order the lee holder or post wtb on this forum or fm forum. I found mine in about two weeks; you would be surprised how often they pop up for sale.

Sony A7r, Sony 16-35 f4, Canon 1d3, Canon 70-200 f4L, Sigma 150-600 contemporary, G1X, Lee filter holder and gnd's, Singh-Ray reverse gnd
Flickr (external link)

antifire
667 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Mar 02, 2011 17:52 |  #7

hi musso, i met you on FM, it's great to see you here too.

camerabuff: that's good, i want to buy one soon.

[Dan | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) |www.HDLuk[COLOR="Black"].com (external link)]
Canon 5DmkII
Zeiss 2.8/21ZE | Zeiss 2.0/35ZE | Zeiss 2.0/100ZE MP | Canon 24-105L f/4 IS | Canon 70-200L f/4 IS

rklepper
Dignity-Esteem-Compassion
8,994 posts
Joined Dec 2003
Location: No longer living at the center of the known universe, moved just slightly to the right. Iowa, USA.

Mar 02, 2011 19:55 |  #8

My Lees are too snug in the Hitech holder. I suppose if I were to force them they might go in, but I am really hesitant to do that.

argyle wrote in post #11942543 (external link)
The OP didn't make it clear that he actually has Lee filters...he just stated that he's looking for a Lee holder.

Anyway, IIRC, the Hitech filters are about 0.5mm thinner than a Lee filter. They may be a hair snug, but I don't think that its too big of a deal (which is why I didn't mention it in my first post). Better to be a hair snug than a hair loose...

Doc Klepper in the USA
I
am a photorealist, I like my photos with a touch of what was actually there.
Polite C&C always welcome, Thanks. Gear List

projectmayhem713
584 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Mar 03, 2011 14:10 as a reply to  @ rklepper's post |  #9

I have a cokin z pro. and although I have yet to purchase any filters for it, i can vouch that it is very well made and functional. Never used the lee, but I didnt have a problem getting a holder and 77mm adapter from the potn classifieds. just posted an ad in the buy section.

5D2 - 24-70 f2.8L - 50 1.4 - S100
My Blogsite (external link)

musso
THREAD ­ STARTER
662 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 03, 2011 17:02 |  #10

im sorry i do have lee filters. i was haveing a hrad time finding a lee holder but founf one. i was asking if they would fit a hitech holder in case i could not find one.

nice to see you here to Antifire. i should have bought that 70-200 from you i kick my self in the butt for not.

thak you all for the info.

sponsored links

2,872 views & 0 likes for this thread
lee filter holder
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.