Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 06 Mar 2011 (Sunday) 16:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Can't run Adobe Bridge

ncjohn
737 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Mar 06, 2011 16:43 |  #1

I thought I'd give Adobe Bridge a try because some people seem to think highly of it. It came with GoLiveCS2, so I tried to bring it up. At first it loaded okay, then I got this window on top of it.
"At least one Adobe application"? I've got Illustrator, GoLive, Elements6 and Elements7. Does anyone have any idea why it won't run?

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 06, 2011 17:02 |  #2

Hmm, I know nothing of GoLiveCS2 -- you are saying that the software came with this version of Bridge and it is registered and all?

You may need to make a "trip" to Adobe support!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

ncjohn
THREAD ­ STARTER
737 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Mar 06, 2011 19:24 |  #3

tonylong wrote in post #11968517 (external link)
Hmm, I know nothing of GoLiveCS2 -- you are saying that the software came with this version of Bridge and it is registered and all?

Right.

You may need to make a "trip" to Adobe support!

Been there, done that, still waiting.:)

LiberationFrequency
Goldmember
1,334 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Mar 06, 2011 19:32 |  #4

Go to the live chat - they are very responsive usually.

I've had some weird errors with adobe before and for the most part.... it came down to re-installing. The entire. Master. Suite. At least in your case its a little smaller scale.

ncjohn
THREAD ­ STARTER
737 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Mar 06, 2011 21:55 as a reply to  @ LiberationFrequency's post |  #5

Finding live chat at the Adobe forum was a nightmare; never found it, or anything else resembling help from Adobe.
Luckily, someone on the Adobe forum knew the answer: The first time you open Bridge, it has to be done from the parent program, in this case, Golive. After that, it opens fine.

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 06, 2011 22:20 |  #6

Well, there you go! The Adobe forums can be very helpful with Adobe-specific questions!

Tony
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

ChasP505
"brain damaged old guy"
5,566 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Mar 07, 2011 09:24 as a reply to  @ tonylong's post |  #7

John, before the second revision of Bridge CS3, Bridge was very buggy. Don't waste time with it. GoLive CS2 sucks too. Get Dreamweaver.

Chas P
"It doesn't matter how you get there if you don't know where you're going!"https://photography-on-the.net …p?p=10864029#po​st10864029

ncjohn
THREAD ­ STARTER
737 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Mar 07, 2011 11:36 |  #8

tonylong wrote in post #11970163 (external link)
Well, there you go! The Adobe forums can be very helpful with Adobe-specific questions!

The forums, yes; Adobe support, no. http://www.finalint.co​m …-cs2-on-vista-the-horror/ (external link)
I didn't post this, but it's typical of my experience.

ncjohn
THREAD ­ STARTER
737 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Mar 07, 2011 11:48 |  #9

ChasP505 wrote in post #11972516 (external link)
John, before the second revision of Bridge CS3, Bridge was very buggy. Don't waste time with it. GoLive CS2 sucks too. Get Dreamweaver.

Well, I wanted to see what was so great about Bridge, so I reinstalled GoLive just so I could take a look at it. I played with it some last night and can't see where the "organizer" part has any advantage over Elements organizer. I had uninstalled GoLive when I found out it didn't run right under Win 7. So now I'll uninstall it again.:)

ChasP505
"brain damaged old guy"
5,566 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Mar 07, 2011 14:58 |  #10

ncjohn wrote in post #11973309 (external link)
Well, I wanted to see what was so great about Bridge, so I reinstalled GoLive just so I could take a look at it. I played with it some last night and can't see where the "organizer" part has any advantage over Elements organizer. I had uninstalled GoLive when I found out it didn't run right under Win 7. So now I'll uninstall it again.:)

Huge difference between older incarnations of Bridge/File Browser and CS4/CS5. If you're not a LR user, Bridge is the way to go.

And the problem with GoLive CS2 is it overwrites your simple HTML with convoluted crap. Similar to early versions of MS FrontPage.

Chas P
"It doesn't matter how you get there if you don't know where you're going!"https://photography-on-the.net …p?p=10864029#po​st10864029

ncjohn
THREAD ­ STARTER
737 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Mar 07, 2011 15:32 |  #11

ChasP505 wrote in post #11974545 (external link)
Huge difference between older incarnations of Bridge/File Browser and CS4/CS5. If you're not a LR user, Bridge is the way to go.

And Bridge is just for cataloging, keywording, etc?

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 07, 2011 15:49 |  #12

ncjohn wrote in post #11974802 (external link)

Bridge handles a lot of different tasks -- yes to keywording and overall file browsing but also things like Image Processor batch file conversions. The newer Bridge also has an Export function (following that in Lightroom). Bridge also has functions to send files to Photoshop for things like HDR and Pano utilities.

It's not like the Organizer but has many more tools, and also it's the "front end" for Camera Raw.

Tony

ChasP505
"brain damaged old guy"
5,566 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Mar 07, 2011 17:32 |  #13

ncjohn wrote in post #11974802 (external link)

Bridge is not a "cataloging" app as is LR. It's primarily a file browser as is Windows Explorer. It's the control center/clearing house for managing all the Adobe CSx applications in whatever Adobe Creative Suite you have installed. It seems that most POTN users only have Photoshop installed so don't have familiarity with the meaning of "Creative Suite".

Chas P

ncjohn
THREAD ­ STARTER
737 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Mar 07, 2011 20:22 as a reply to  @ ChasP505's post |  #14

Well, it doesn't sound like anything I'd spend money on. If Santa brings me PS I'll check it out again.:)

sponsored links

1,755 views & 0 likes for this thread
Can't run Adobe Bridge
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.