Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 08 Mar 2011 (Tuesday) 11:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Great Stealth Bag Idea!

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 29, 2011 09:58 |  #76

When I'm working I hang a bag on my right shoulder. So the DPP really works well for me. Situation is getting worse, not better. Many coats now have a teflon coating to keep the water out.
Here, I wear a coat 9 months of the year. Winter coat (waterproof) when needed; otherwise waterproof in case the weather changes.
I hate camera straps that I need to hold with 1 hand, and I hate bag straps the same.
Problem really is, it's hard to teach this old dog new tricks.
(although I have started using a BR strap, sling style.)

Now, I haven't seen a sling style bag strap...yet! ;)

Dave

sponsored links
BoneJj
Goldmember
1,269 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Mar 29, 2011 11:28 |  #77

2mnycars wrote in post #12116066 (external link)
When I'm working I hang a bag on my right shoulder. So the DPP really works well for me. Situation is getting worse, not better. Many coats now have a teflon coating to keep the water out.
Here, I wear a coat 9 months of the year. Winter coat (waterproof) when needed; otherwise waterproof in case the weather changes.
I hate camera straps that I need to hold with 1 hand, and I hate bag straps the same.
Problem really is, it's hard to teach this old dog new tricks.
(although I have started using a BR strap, sling style.)

Now, I haven't seen a sling style bag strap...yet! ;)

I always wear my bags across the opposite shoulder, it just means I have to keep the strap a little longer than normal but it's no big deal. Keeps me from losing the bag, I wouldn't want to drop any of my bags, lol.

I don't typically use a padded rest as I'm a big guy and already have enough padding as it is, lol.

--Bone | FSS (external link) | flickr (external link) | Gear list (external link) |

digadv
427 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 30, 2011 13:11 |  #78

StealthFighter wrote in post #12088650 (external link)
is it just me or did the insert go up by a few bucks? i could have swore it was $22-23 without shipping before.

Not sure, but it's free shipping if you order it directly from BBP.

artemisn
426 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 30, 2011 14:18 |  #79

Just picked up the bag and insert combo! The insert fits in just about perfectly and the bag is pretty great quality too. I can post some pictures if anyone wants them.

Richard
Your friendly neighborhood photographer/organist-in-the-making
www.anvil.cc (external link)

Myboostedgst
Goldmember
1,911 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Mar 30, 2011 15:18 |  #80

artemisn wrote in post #12125555 (external link)
Just picked up the bag and insert combo! The insert fits in just about perfectly and the bag is pretty great quality too. I can post some pictures if anyone wants them.

Yes please. I have the items in my Amazon cart and am just looking for that push to purchase them.

Andrew | Midwest Automotive (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Instagram (external link)

newspeed
36 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Mar 30, 2011 15:24 |  #81

I love this thread. I have grown really tired or paying over $100 for nothing more than a padded nylon bag and will plan on making a bag like this soon. Going to hit up my local army surplus store after work to see what I can find.

StealthFighter
83 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 30, 2011 17:21 |  #82

digadv wrote in post #12125206 (external link)
Not sure, but it's free shipping if you order it directly from BBP.

nice. thanks for that info.

artemisn
426 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 30, 2011 18:54 |  #83

Myboostedgst wrote in post #12125971 (external link)
Yes please. I have the items in my Amazon cart and am just looking for that push to purchase them.

Will do...I'm in class right now but I can manage some shots and a short video if possible. It's a great combo, honestly. You'll enjoy it if you get it.

Richard

powaysteve
518 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 30, 2011 20:26 |  #84

JDubya wrote in post #12111442 (external link)
I love stealth :)

I made this messenger bag and lined the interior with loop velcro for inserts. This was the first one so there are a few minor things I'll change on the next one.

Awesome bag! What are the inside dimensions? Any reason you sewed the strap on as opposed to sewing on D rings so you could use any strap? Thanks

Myboostedgst
Goldmember
1,911 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Mar 30, 2011 20:51 |  #85

artemisn wrote in post #12127467 (external link)
Will do...I'm in class right now but I can manage some shots and a short video if possible. It's a great combo, honestly. You'll enjoy it if you get it.

That would be great. I will be buying it, just need to make sure that my paycheck situation is straight before I buy anything else. (In the middle of changing jobs)

A video would be really cool to see how everything fits and how snug the insert fits.

Andrew | Midwest Automotive (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Instagram (external link)

Sparky98
Goldmember
1,129 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Dec 2005

Mar 30, 2011 21:14 |  #86

If you're really into DIY then you can buy a sleeping pad for less than $10 at Wal-Mart, the Army-Navy store, or any sporting goods store. They are generally blue, made of closed cell foam, and are about 5/8" thick. You can cut them in any shape and glue them together or you can cover them with nylon and make them to look like the purchased pads. The foam is soft and will gouge eventually but really will last a long time. I have never used it for camera padding but have lined shelves in trucks to transport and protect test equipment.

Joe
5DIII

pathfndr
29 posts
Joined May 2009

Mar 30, 2011 21:14 |  #87

Myboostedgst wrote in post #12128170 (external link)
That would be great. I will be buying it, just need to make sure that my paycheck situation is straight before I buy anything else. (In the middle of changing jobs)

A video would be really cool to see how everything fits and how snug the insert fits.

It's really snug, but not so much that it's hard to get in...

It's perfect, really..

artemisn
426 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 30, 2011 22:06 |  #88

And, it looks like we're up.

I recorded it mid-meal if that's any justification for any muttering..
http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=ys1jea3nbQk (external link)

Richard

lengz
51 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 30, 2011 22:45 |  #89

Are the outter dimensions of the paddy accurate? (13"x9"4.5")

JDubya
Goldmember
1,034 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Mar 30, 2011 23:10 |  #90

powaysteve wrote in post #12128042 (external link)
Awesome bag! What are the inside dimensions? Any reason you sewed the strap on as opposed to sewing on D rings so you could use any strap? Thanks

Thanks! It's roughly 15"x11"x5" but of course the center can bow out to be much deeper since it's a soft bag.

I normally only add D-rings when I/the customer may want to use the bag without any sort of shoulder strap. With a messenger bag, the whole point is to have a shoulder strap so you wouldn't want to take it off. Now if you want to be able to switch straps, that isn't really necessary. Most straps are basically the same (2" webbing), where they differ is the pad (if you want a pad, that is). I can make any kind of pad you want, which would just attach to the existing webbing strap. However, since all of my stuff is custom, I do whatever the customer wants :)

Here's a range bag where I utilized D-rings for the straps:

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://img.photobucket​.com …eaker/Sewn/Rang​eBag-4.jpg (external link)

sponsored links

314,838 views & 0 likes for this thread
Great Stealth Bag Idea!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.