Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental 
Thread started 11 Mar 2011 (Friday) 00:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Post your gun shots here

Ballen ­ Photo
20,196 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Nov 2003

Apr 03, 2016 22:33 |  #3136

Mark_Mason wrote in post #17956307 (external link)
Yours truly by the 1350 meter target.

So THAT's what you look like without your camera? ;-)a

Mark_Mason wrote:
I actually only hit it once, and that was lucky. I had to dial 11 mils of windage. We took this shot as a joke to the other shooters that were there the day before. We shot the target with a 9mm to get that "well shot" look.

Heh, you should get a photo of the look on their faces when you show them that.

The Captain and crew finally got their stuff together, now if we can only remember where we left it. :cool:

sponsored links
Mark_Mason
595 posts
Joined Apr 2007
Post edited over 3 years ago by Mark_Mason.

Apr 05, 2016 13:03 |  #3137

FarmerTed1971 wrote in post #17956451 (external link)
Them are my homies. Everyone has a can... or three.

Or five... Just sayin'.

I'm not an animal. I shoot suppressed.

:p

Canon Stuff

Lt ­ Colonel
681 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Joined Dec 2013

Apr 05, 2016 13:41 as a reply to  @ Mark_Mason's post |  #3138

I love my cans too. It is just a pain in the rear here to obtain one.

5DIII, 6D, 7D2, 5DMKIV,1DMK4,EOS-M,1DX
https://woodawg.smugmu​g.com/ (external link)

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
7,999 posts
Gallery: 542 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 05, 2016 16:01 |  #3139

Lt Colonel wrote in post #17961734 (external link)
I love my cans too. It is just a pain in the rear here to obtain one.

We might have some of the strictest laws on firearms in the world, where only a convicted terrorist (IRA) seems to be able to get a certificate for a handgun for self defence. Certainly none of the former targets of said terrorist, the current and former members of HM Armed Forces are to be trusted with one.

But that aside, at least as far as sound suppressors are concerned, the suppressor is classed and licensed at the same level as the firearm to which it is to be fitted. Which can lead to some anomalies. The big cans for centerfires are OK, since you are not likely to want to use them on something smaller. Since a lot of folks use the same type of 1/2" UNF fitting moderator for both .22LR, which is licensed, requiring that the moderator be entered on a FAC, and on an air rifle under 16J (12fpe) energy which is exempt from licensing and so then is the sound moderator. If you have one for each, one will be on an FAC and the sale or transfer is restricted to other FAC holders with the correct authority to acquire, or a licensed dealer. The other is completely unregulated. Fortunately most sound moderators in the UK have no visible maker's name or serial number, so you don't have to worry about screwing the unlicensed airgun one to your licensed .22LR and using an "unregistered" moderator, which could lose you your FAC if the police decided to be difficult. You could technically, I think, get a 5 yr sentence for fitting the registered moderator on your unlicensed airgun. As technically it is a Section 1 firearm and controlled as such, but you will have a certificate for it. But again the most likely result is losing your FAC and your ALL your guns without compensation. It just depends on how anti gun any particular police officer is, and the same with the lawyers at the CPS.

Saying all of that as far as I know there have been very few if any incidents of this nature that have resulted in loss of a certificate, or criminal charges. So although it can happen it's pretty unlikely as long as you are not an idiot.
Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

Lt ­ Colonel
681 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Apr 05, 2016 16:30 as a reply to  @ BigAl007's post |  #3140

I agree, we responsible owners hare have grown accustomed to being inconvenienced, but as usual we're the ones who cause no problems and follow the rules to a tee. Here is our state we're trying to show the "statesmanship of hunting without making a lot a noise, and the hearing safety issues". Unfortunately, as our statewide hunting regulators adopt more suppressor friendly laws, the local "approval level" politicians for obtaining suppressors have their minds stuck in the 1930's mentality of machine guns, grenade launchers and suppressor (or as they call them Silencers) are bad.

Oh well, we have to dance with the ones we're with i guess.

Mark_Mason
595 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Apr 05, 2016 16:34 as a reply to  @ Lt Colonel's post |  #3141

Fortunately, Where I'm at (A friendly county in Oregon) it's very, very easy to get the paperwork signed off on by the CLEO.

Canon Stuff

Lt ­ Colonel
681 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Apr 05, 2016 17:03 as a reply to  @ Mark_Mason's post |  #3142

Don't move. Here the latest thing when applying for a pistol permit or renewing your CCW permit, requires you to sign a HIPPA release. Nothing like HIPPA protecting our medical information. Now that all our records are all tidy in a single database, it is free for all. Not that I've got anything to hide, but soon, soon there will be no personal secrets/confidential personal information left.

After a 30 year career in law enforcement, I wouldn't want most of my colleagues rifling (non pun intended) through my medical records to determine if i qualified for purchasing a handgun. Although well meaning, most Sheriff's offices do not have full time staff physicians other than the obligatory MD oversight of their jails. The advanced medical training I received involved getting an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification, most just get basic life saving training. Not enough for me to decipher those diagnosis for this level of restraint on you constitutional rights.

Anyway, not to get political, but the technology used in the current generation of suppressors versus the early ones is amazing. My cans require virtually no aim to point of impact adjusts. Truly impressive.

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
49,801 posts
Gallery: 161 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Post edited over 3 years ago by CyberDyneSystems.

Apr 05, 2016 17:44 |  #3143

Hi guys, hate to be a pain, but the recent posts re: laws, legality, permits, and politicians has moved the discussion from Photography to politics in a nutshell.

Part of the balance that keeps this international forum on track is disallowing political debate unrelated to photography specifically.

Please continue to post awesome photos and discuss all aspects of what's fun and creative about your subject matter, while leaving concerns of a political nature for another venue.

thank you for understanding.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

Lt ­ Colonel
681 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Apr 05, 2016 18:15 as a reply to  @ CyberDyneSystems's post |  #3144

I apologize and take full responsibility.

Dsully
516 posts
Gallery: 163 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Mar 2014

Apr 06, 2016 15:24 as a reply to  @ Lt Colonel's post |  #3145

And... Back on track

IMAGE: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1677/26139568831_5182d86cc4_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/FPS8​8e  (external link) SD8A1335-Edit.jpg (external link) by Dsully (external link), on Flickr

silvrr
Goldmember
2,736 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Feb 2007

Apr 06, 2016 16:36 |  #3146

IMAGE: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1456/25673980434_711d991679_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/F7HR​V5  (external link) 9mm Springfield XD(M) 3.8 Compact (external link) by Adam Mrugacz (external link), on Flickr

Canon 6D l 24-70 f/4L l 100L l 430EX l 430EX II l Kenko Extension Tubes l Sigma 50 Art
flickr (external link) FeedBack

silvrr
Goldmember
2,736 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Feb 2007
Post edited over 3 years ago by silvrr.

Apr 06, 2016 17:14 |  #3147

My father in law won this 9422 at a NWTF banquet in 2001 and has been saving it ever since for the first grandson in the family.

IMAGE: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1667/26212980131_67f443aa0f_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/FWmn​Ki  (external link) Winchester Model 9422 NWTF (external link) by Adam Mrugacz (external link), on Flickr

Canon 6D l 24-70 f/4L l 100L l 430EX l 430EX II l Kenko Extension Tubes l Sigma 50 Art
flickr (external link) FeedBack

corythosaurus
Goldmember
1,723 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Mar 2007

Apr 09, 2016 14:25 |  #3148

My newest addition.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Website (external link) - Facebook (external link)

sam1965uk
Mostly Lurking
12 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Apr 2016

Apr 09, 2016 14:36 |  #3149

Time To Kill

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Canon Eos 1-D MKII Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 400D
Canon 24-105mm F4 L USM
Canon 70-300mm F4-5.6 LIS USM

Dsully
516 posts
Gallery: 163 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Mar 2014

Apr 09, 2016 17:32 |  #3150

IMAGE: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1467/26257955061_8521da2545_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/G1jT​e8  (external link) SD8A1432-Edit.jpg (external link) by Dsully (external link), on Flickr

sponsored links

1,230,464 views & 3,261 likes for this thread
Post your gun shots here
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.