Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 18 Mar 2011 (Friday) 20:51
Search threadPrev/next
POLL: "Dear TITLE FAIRY :: Would you please change my title?"
Yes, I want a change
0%
No, leave me alone
49.4%
What is a Title Fairy? (a/k/a the TF)
0%
I don't care -- I just wanted to respond to a poll.
1.1%
I'm too scared to ask for a title change
49.4%

337 voters, 663277 votes given (any choice choices can be voted per member)). VOTING IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY.
BROWSE ALL POLLS
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Mediocre TITLE FAIRY thread :: Change my title, please.

Intheswamp
Endeavor to Persevere
1,839 posts
Gallery: 89 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2013
Post edited 2 months ago by Intheswamp.

Jan 31, 2021 18:38 |  #19246

Years ago a customer of mine that talks with a voice box came into our shop. I asked him how he was doing and he replied, using his voice synthesizer, that if he'd known he'd live that long that he'd have taken better care of himself. I responded that it wasn't the miles on us it was the *type* of miles on us. He shook his said and responded back, "No. It's the sudden stops that get you!".

Sonny should have been in on that conversation.....8-)

The poorest of the poor. A country of children taking care of children: https://handsofloveusa​.org/ (external link)
My little weather page: www.beeweather.com (external link)

sponsored links
GibJock
I used to be the Kill Killer
10,163 posts
Gallery: 48 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Feb 09, 2021 14:53 |  #19247

One for (OhLook) https://photography-on-the.net/forum/member.p​hp?m=364135 to impress us with. Not revealing my score, suffice to say it was not impressive :oops:

https://www.riddle.com …irect=undefined​&result=MQ (external link)

flickr (external link)

joeseph
"smells like turd"
11,012 posts
Gallery: 197 photos
Joined Jan 2004
Post edited 1 month ago by joeseph.

Feb 09, 2021 15:16 |  #19248

me: "Could do better"

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", and an M5, also an M6 that has had a 720nm filter bolted onto the sensor:
TF posting: here :-)

OhLook
insufferably pedantic. I can live with that.
20,941 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Feb 09, 2021 16:04 |  #19249

GibJock wrote in post #19193134 (external link)
One for (OhLook) . . . to impress us with. Not revealing my score, suffice to say it was not impressive :oops:

https://www.riddle.com …irect=undefined​&result=MQ (external link)

Yup, 10 out of 10. I had to combine reasoning and guessing for a few of those, instead of just knowing, because some of the vocabulary in the questions was unfamiliar. In my schools, we didn't hear about determiners or subordinating conjunctions. The structures in English sentences were the same then as now, but teaching methods have changed. Possibly, country of origin also made a difference: the quiz uses British spellings.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | Comments welcome

Inspeqtor
saying the wrong thing at the wrong time
10,925 posts
Gallery: 133 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Feb 09, 2021 16:53 |  #19250

All this MUST have come from another thread?????

I did very poorly on this test, if I was in school I would have flunked this test I am sure. I just guessed on half the questions and surprising I got most of those correct!!!!

English class was one I did not like or do well in school.

Charles
Canon EOS 90D * Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM* Flickr Account (external link)
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-20 f/2.8 * Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-600 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM Contemporary
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 IS USM * Canon 50mm f1.8 * Canon 580EX II

hqqns
When the frick did I get this new title and why?
11,619 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Feb 09, 2021 17:01 |  #19251

I'll stick to computers, electronics and the sciences. Photography is a close as I get to the arts, and that skill set is a bit wishy washy.

subby

Wife|Son|Daughter|Comp​uters|Cameras|Lenses|A Home|Pans|Spatula|No Frogs

"42"

joeseph
"smells like turd"
11,012 posts
Gallery: 197 photos
Joined Jan 2004
Post edited 1 month ago by joeseph.

Feb 10, 2021 02:50 |  #19252

OhLook wrote in post #19193154 (external link)
Yup, 10 out of 10. I had to combine reasoning and guessing for a few of those, instead of just knowing, because some of the vocabulary in the questions was unfamiliar. In my schools, we didn't hear about determiners or subordinating conjunctions. The structures in English sentences were the same then as now, but teaching methods have changed. Possibly, country of origin also made a difference: the quiz uses British spellings.

nice work - just wondering, do you have an adorama-like alert for any thread mentioning your name? :-)

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", and an M5, also an M6 that has had a 720nm filter bolted onto the sensor:
TF posting: here :-)

gjl711
"spouting off stupid things"
56,262 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Feb 10, 2021 06:43 |  #19253

A pop quiz? No one said there was going to be a quiz. Man, I suck. No wonder I went the engineering route where things made sense.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

jay125
I don't remember 19
10,764 posts
Gallery: 102 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 18, 2021 17:09 |  #19254

I like pop.

feedback

gear list

jay125
I don't remember 19
10,764 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 18, 2021 17:28 |  #19255

One of my biggest regrets in life was selling my 5DIII. It was a magic body. I traded it up to a 5D IV. The 5D IV is a beautiful camera, but I found it was not a 5DIII. I promised myself if I could ever find a nice 5DIII for a reasonable price, I would buy it, and I did, and I did. I'll have it next week and pray it is as good as it is listed by Adorama. There is a 30 day return policy just in case but I am looking forward to using it once again. This whole experience taught me that the latest is not always the greatest (for me) and to keep what you know how to use and use it. I still have my 1DIV and my 5Dc and my Sony A7rII. I know and trust them and I'll keep them, but it will be nice to have a 5DIII back in my arsenal.

On a side note, why is it so quiet in here? Have we been sold? I HATE being sold and told about it later. I do work from home still. the 40 second walk from the coffee maker to my office is grueling, but I do my part.

I lurk here, so hopefully I'll run into some of you soon. Meanwhile, be safe, be well, be you!!!

feedback

gear list

GibJock
I used to be the Kill Killer
10,163 posts
Gallery: 48 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Mar 18, 2021 17:47 |  #19256

jay125 wrote in post #19210555 (external link)
On a side note, why is it so quiet in here? Have we been sold? I HATE being sold and told about it later. I do work from home still. the 40 second walk from the coffee maker to my office is grueling, but I do my part.

I lurk here, so hopefully I'll run into some of you soon. Meanwhile, be safe, be well, be you!!!

I’m still here Jay .... but it has gone rather quiet. Many stuck at home so can get out and take pics, then post them.

flickr (external link)

OhLook
insufferably pedantic. I can live with that.
20,941 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Mar 18, 2021 17:49 |  #19257

joeseph wrote in post #19193343 (external link)
nice work - just wondering, do you have an adorama-like alert for any thread mentioning your name? :-)

Sorry, I just now saw your five-week-old post. I'm not familiar with Adorama's services, but no, there's no alert. I mostly use the New Posts section to keep up (it didn't work this time). If my name is anywhere in the many threads and forums I don't look at, I never know.

That quiz was more about teaching English than about speaking and writing English. You could be a good writer and flunk the quiz, or the reverse.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | Comments welcome

jay125
I don't remember 19
10,764 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 19, 2021 10:33 |  #19258

GibJock wrote in post #19210559 (external link)
I’m still here Jay .... but it has gone rather quiet. Many stuck at home so can get out and take pics, then post them.

I always have the movie "I am Legend" with Will Smith playing in the background. Makes it sound like I have company, and not desolately alone.

feedback

gear list

jay125
I don't remember 19
10,764 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 19, 2021 10:36 as a reply to  @ OhLook's post |  #19259

I've used Adorama for years I buy new and used from them and never had an issue. They have a 30 day no questions asked return policy and also a 90 day warranty on everything they sell. Maybe not everything, but yeah.

Well it's good to know people are still milling about!

feedback

gear list

gjl711
"spouting off stupid things"
56,262 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 19, 2021 13:51 |  #19260

jay125 wrote in post #19210549 (external link)
I like pop.

I liked mine too, but he is no longer with us. :(

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

sponsored links

3,273,961 views & 3,449 likes for this thread
The Mediocre TITLE FAIRY thread :: Change my title, please.
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.