Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 21 Mar 2011 (Monday) 13:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Thinking of Offering Photobooth

AzzKicker
Goldmember
1,105 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Mar 21, 2011 13:44 |  #1

The last 5 weddings I've been to have all had photobooths and all charged more than 1k for doing practically nothing. These people are making more money just feeding paper through a printer than my cheapest package which involves almost a whole days work and planning. Anyone of you offering photobooths along with your wedding package? I could easily have my wife handle this.

Ruben D. Zamora
Canon 6D Mark II, Canon 20-35L,Genesis 200 Strobe

sponsored links
cameraperson
811 posts
Joined May 2010

Mar 21, 2011 14:57 |  #2

May I ask a dumb question? What is this? Do you have a picture? Being unfamiliar it sounds like something you'd see at k-mart for .50.

Xsi, 18-55

AzzKicker
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,105 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Mar 21, 2011 15:00 |  #3

cameraperson wrote in post #12063718 (external link)
May I ask a dumb question? What is this? Do you have a picture? Being unfamiliar it sounds like something you'd see at k-mart for .50.

It's exactly that. A photobooth where people go in, sit down, put on some props and take a sequence of 4 pictures and then the person in charge of photo booth puts the pic into a SCRAP BOOK for the COUPLE!. Then the people who just took a photo can right something beside pic. See link below:

http://www.imagecinema​.com/index/photobooth.​html (external link)

Ruben D. Zamora

cameraperson
811 posts
Joined May 2010

Mar 21, 2011 15:02 |  #4

and I thought all you had to worry about was the craigslist photgraphers and high school students.

Xsi, 18-55

thebishopp
Goldmember
1,903 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 21, 2011 15:33 |  #5

That's actually pretty neat. I know a wedding photog where I am at that does a Photo booth. Not the one you posted, he just sets up with a portable backdrop and has one of his shooters take the "photobooth" photos while he does the reception.

"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." My Zen (external link)

AzzKicker
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,105 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Mar 21, 2011 16:10 |  #6

cameraperson wrote in post #12063765 (external link)
and I thought all you had to worry about was the craigslist photgraphers and high school students.

Ya, you should have seen my reaction when I found out the girl standing there just feeding the paper into the print was making more $$$ than my running around arse!!

Ruben D. Zamora

Gary_Evans
859 posts
Joined May 2006

Mar 21, 2011 16:37 as a reply to  @ AzzKicker's post |  #7

I have a booth, and yes I make good money running it. Why? Because its different, and its FUN for the end user - and this is why they are popular.

Gary
www.myeventphoto.co.uk (external link)
www.garyevansphotograp​hy.co.uk (external link)

cameraperson
811 posts
Joined May 2010

Mar 21, 2011 16:52 |  #8

Gary_Evans wrote in post #12064348 (external link)
I have a booth, and yes I make good money running it. Why? Because its different, and its FUN for the end user - and this is why they are popular.

So you buy a booth and put it out back. The guests use it for fun? It is the guests using it right?

edit: where do you buy one at? how much do they cost?

Xsi, 18-55

Red ­ Tie ­ Photography
Goldmember
3,575 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Mar 21, 2011 17:51 |  #9

Here is a long winded, opinionated thread about the topic.

https://photography-on-the.net …?t=786216&highl​ight=booth

Bryan
Gear List (external link)
San Diego Wedding Photography - Red Tie Photography (external link)
Red Tie Photography Blog (external link)

JayJphoto
171 posts
Joined May 2009

Mar 21, 2011 18:38 |  #10

Gary_Evans wrote in post #12064348 (external link)

This is a perfect reason to do one if you can. Offering something others aren't is a great way to get hired.

5D, XTi, 17-40mm f/4L, 70-210mm f/4, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.8, 3 - 580EX II, Alien Bees, smoke, mirrors, etc...

http://jayauskalnis.co​m (external link)

cameraperson
811 posts
Joined May 2010

Mar 21, 2011 18:40 |  #11

how much do you charge? what does the customer get (just a print)?

edit: are talking about different products? Some of these are homeade and look like a small stage/studio or something and what I thought the OP was describing was something like this:

http://www.youtube.com …=NSf_T1BPUTY&fe​ature=fvst (external link)

Xsi, 18-55

AzzKicker
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,105 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Mar 22, 2011 08:41 |  #12

cameraperson wrote in post #12065147 (external link)
how much do you charge? what does the customer get (just a print)?

edit: are talking about different products? Some of these are homeade and look like a small stage/studio or something and what I thought the OP was describing was something like this:

http://www.youtube.com …=NSf_T1BPUTY&fe​ature=fvst (external link)

Ya, thats what I'm talking about. An actual booth. And the guest use them. They get 1 print, and the bride, groom or whoever rented them, gets the other print in a scrapbook. And like I said, the last 5 weddings I've been to have all had them.

Ruben D. Zamora

cameraperson
811 posts
Joined May 2010

Mar 22, 2011 08:52 |  #13

AzzKicker wrote in post #12068482 (external link)
Ya, thats what I'm talking about. An actual booth. And the guest use them. They get 1 print, and the bride, groom or whoever rented them, gets the other print in a scrapbook. And like I said, the last 5 weddings I've been to have all had them.

You are talking about the machine then. Others on here were talking about a "booth" where they are the photographer which is different from what you're asking. They just wheeled in a booth and people went to it (the machine)? wow.

Xsi, 18-55

AzzKicker
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,105 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Mar 22, 2011 08:55 |  #14

cameraperson wrote in post #12068527 (external link)
You are talking about the machine then. Others on here were talking about a "booth" where they are the photographer which is different from what you're asking. They just wheeled in a booth and people went to it (the machine)? wow.

Ya, the guest actually get in line, pick some props and go in, push the button and everything is automated, the lcd screen shows them themselves, counts down and snaps 4 pics. It's easy to build and assemble, most use a point and shoot camera that has a hotshoe for the remote flashes. There does have to be someone there manning the booth, to print them out and place print in scrapbook etc. but thats all they do.

Ruben D. Zamora

thebishopp
Goldmember
1,903 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 22, 2011 15:13 |  #15

How about making those special size prints? do you buy them precut or do you have to cut a bunch of photo paper to size?

"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." My Zen (external link)

sponsored links

4,113 views & 0 likes for this thread
Thinking of Offering Photobooth
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.