Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 22 Mar 2011 (Tuesday) 09:19
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New YongNuo YN-565EX speedlight. TTL for both Nikon and Canon.

ching
Goldmember
1,370 posts
Joined Apr 2010

May 09, 2011 16:17 |  #31

This is still not out yet :(

Nikon D800

sponsored links
Gil ­ Bean
515 posts
Joined Jan 2009

May 10, 2011 15:50 |  #32

Since I am a rank amateur, use a G12 ONLY, have a 430EXII, which has ETTL,is there any reason I should but the 565 over the 560? Also, would I not come out ahead buying the 468(?) which has Hi-Speed Sync? I think it is the 468.

G3, G6, G12, T2i + kit lens & accoutrements

John_N
Goldmember
1,182 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2009

May 10, 2011 17:03 |  #33

I was/am looking to get the 430EX II, do you think its worth holding off for this?

I have a 7D so the wireless appeals to my, but I understand no high speed sync - no that I really know how or why that would be used!

flickr (external link) (magsnorton)
: Google+ (external link) : My Site (external link) : 5oopx (external link)

John_N
Goldmember
1,182 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2009

May 13, 2011 18:51 |  #34

Cheers Mike, I just spotted that the YN-565EX has been added to the new section of the EU site today - here (external link).

Perhaps we're actually getting close to a release.

flickr (external link) (magsnorton)
: Google+ (external link) : My Site (external link) : 5oopx (external link)

Jorocketoz
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Joined May 2011

May 18, 2011 04:54 |  #35

Hi All
I am new here. After reading this forum three nights ago I emailed YongNuo sales and asked about the 565EX release date and where to purchase it. They replied with the following:

"Hello friend
Thank you for your email. Pls note that YN-565 will not be available until at end of June. And the price is not yet confirmed.
You can purchase it from ebay
:" (followed by the name of an ebay store which I have omitted to avoid advertising)

Hope this helps all on this forum.
Kind Regards
Jorocketoz

"Without Light there is no Photo"
Canon 5d Mark III | Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

alessandro2009
Goldmember
2,095 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 19, 2011 00:27 as a reply to  @ ching's post |  #36

YongNuo YN-565EX (external link)
Description from the official site.

Yongnuo Speedlite YN-565 for Canon and Nikon (external link)

Rivest wrote in post #12068829 (external link)
Remember that the YN-560 now sells for around 44€ (66$)

Where, on Europe, is possible buy this previous unit at that price?

donbga
171 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 27, 2011 08:06 |  #37

Gil Bean wrote in post #12384722 (external link)
Since I am a rank amateur, use a G12 ONLY, have a 430EXII, which has ETTL,is there any reason I should but the 565 over the 560? Also, would I not come out ahead buying the 468(?) which has Hi-Speed Sync? I think it is the 468.

Do you actually know how to use your 430EX II? Based on your posted photos and comments that you learn how to use what you have first.

rhys216
Goldmember
1,814 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 27, 2011 09:27 |  #38
bannedPermanent ban

Surely these should be compatible with Flex TT5's?

Gil ­ Bean
515 posts
Joined Jan 2009

May 31, 2011 17:42 |  #39

donbga wrote in post #12488107 (external link)
Do you actually know how to use your 430EX II? Based on your posted photos and comments that you learn how to use what you have first.

Well. that told me nothing. I have a 430EXII, a 220EX. and was thinking of using the 220 and 1 other with filters for a background color. I know the 220 can only be fired in manual unless it is on camera. Since the 430 has ETTL and the 468 has ETTL & Hi speed sync I thought I might come out ahead & spend less money on the 468. Instead of analyzing what YOU THINK I AM GOING TO DO, a simple yes no or no answer would be more constructive than a lecture, Thank You.

G3, G6, G12, T2i + kit lens & accoutrements

OwMyEyes
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Jun 13, 2011 04:30 as a reply to  @ Gil Bean's post |  #40

It's mid-June. Where is this bad boy? Oh great, now the end of June. :/ I really want to see the entry point this unit comes in with, considering a Sigma EF-610 DG Super GN61 with the exact same features (only dedicated not dual) swings in at $229-$259. And even though they're probably constructed on different floors of the same Shenzhen factory, the Yongnuo is "cheaper" and therefore must be cheaper. Capitalism sucks.

Gil, the 430EXII definitely does HSS; all recent Canon flashes do. And E-TTL will experience "complications" if you have manual slave(s) firing in the scene whose light falls on the area being metered. I think that's what donbga was alluding to, using sarcasm. Not always an effective communications method, especially online with strangers.

To answer your question, yes you want the 565 over the 560, and over the 468. Wireless E-TTL rocks. Controlling which flash groups fire, at what power, and what ratio - all from behind the eyecup - is addicting. I love manual controls in all things, but as an option. If it were me, I'd put a 565 on the G12 or via off-shoe cord as your master, run the 430EXII as an E-TTL wireless slave.

If you are wondering what I'm ranting about, please give this a read:
Canon Knowledgebase: Speedlite Tip Series, Part 3: Wireless Flash Primer (external link)

... and you'll understand why we're sexually aroused (no? just me?) by the idea of a ~$150 master-capable wireless E-TTL unit, that is both Canon & Nikon wireless protocol capable-- simultaneously? I'll take 3, for about the price of one 580EXII.

I'm just as aroused for the Pixel Kings, too. Imagine a E-TTL off-shoe cable, only RF. 1/8000th, 2nd curtain sync, 100M range. Oh my. And at 1/5th the price of any competitor sounding like Popler. And they're late to market, too. Heh.

kymira
115 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jun 26, 2011 21:23 as a reply to  @ OwMyEyes's post |  #41

Bumping this thread as I am currently in the market for my first flash & dont really want to spend too much. I've been eyeing the 468 but this looks alot better...

elogical
Goldmember
1,217 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jun 27, 2011 16:47 |  #42

Still not out yet as far as I know, didn't find any listings on ebay.
Should be soon though I would think

Gear

Mikail
89 posts
Joined May 2011

Jul 19, 2011 02:08 as a reply to  @ elogical's post |  #43

Any word?

5Dc + 17-40L f/4 + 50 f/1.8 + 70-200L f/4 IS

ninetwentynine
Goldmember
1,045 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jul 19, 2011 03:53 |  #44

i came.

Southswede
950 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Jul 19, 2011 04:27 |  #45

Add another interested "viewer".....

sponsored links

80,167 views & 0 likes for this thread
New YongNuo YN-565EX speedlight. TTL for both Nikon and Canon.
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.