Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 11 Apr 2011 (Monday) 19:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Triggers

Jason ­ B.
344 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 11, 2011 19:52 |  #1

Hello everyone, I just ordered all the equipment to get my 580 off camera with the exception of triggers. I really dont want to wait for the rf-603 to ship from china. Can anyone recommend another brand that is similar to the rf's in price and reliability? I think Amazon has the 602 in stock. Would I be better off just getting those? Thanks for the help.

5DMarkII|24-105 F4L|70-200 2.8L IS II|580EXII|

sponsored links
smooth3000
Goldmember
1,520 posts
Gallery: 56 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined May 2011

Jun 21, 2011 16:49 |  #2

check these out
http://cgi.ebay.com …519965fcfb#ht_2​408wt_1139 (external link)

Website (external link) |Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) |Instagram (external link)
D750

Voaky999
Goldmember
3,305 posts
Gallery: 784 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Nov 2010

Jun 21, 2011 16:57 |  #3

The 603c's are great, I have two pair.

Don
"Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

dedsen
Goldmember
2,580 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 21, 2011 17:08 |  #4

Any reason you linked to the triggers with he cable for a Rebel when he has a 5DMK II?

Jason, what ever you order, make sure you get the set with the correct shutter cable for your camera if you think you might use them for shutter release. The Rf-602's are highly spoke of.

110yd
774 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Jun 21, 2011 17:15 |  #5

Jason B. wrote in post #12203105 (external link)
Hello everyone, I just ordered all the equipment to get my 580 off camera with the exception of triggers. I really dont want to wait for the rf-603 to ship from china. Can anyone recommend another brand that is similar to the rf's in price and reliability? I think Amazon has the 602 in stock. Would I be better off just getting those? Thanks for the help.

I will echo the RF602 solution. I use them with multiple Canon Bodies and have little or no serious complaints. They work in manual mode as advertised.

Hope this helps,

110yd

titaniumSS
269 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Jun 21, 2011 20:21 |  #6

Amazon has 602 and 603's in stock. So no need to wait for the long shipping from overseas. I believe they are distributed through cheaplights from Amazon.

-Erik
Canon EOS R, Canon 6D gripped, Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM, Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM v1, Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM, YN560 IV x2, YN560-TX.

flickr (external link)

yogestee
"my posts can be a little colourful"
13,845 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Jun 21, 2011 21:35 as a reply to  @ titaniumSS's post |  #7

I've been using RF-602 for over 12 months. I have two transmitters and three receivers. They work great and I've never had a misfire.

Jurgen
50D~700D~EOS M~G11~S95~GoPro Hero4 Silver
http://www.pbase.com/j​urgentreue (external link)
The Title Fairy,, off with her head!!

sponsored links

1,052 views & 0 likes for this thread
Triggers
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.