Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Motorsports Talk 
Thread started 12 Apr 2011 (Tuesday) 22:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Track Media Accreditation Form

Brandon ­ Anderson ­ Photos
906 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 12, 2011 22:24 |  #1

Hey I was wondering what you all thought about this. In order to shoot out at this track they want $50 per event or $200 for the season for the meida pass and then they want you to follow these terms and conditions. I was wondering if any of you would do this or say screw it?

thanks!

2011 MEDIA ACCREDITATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
EAGLE RACEWAY
All media accreditation is issued by Eagle Raceway is subject to acceptance of the following terms and conditions which the Accredited Party and the nominated Pass Holder accept and agree to abide by:
Media accreditation will be issued by Eagle Raceway in the form of either a Media Pass or a Temporary Media Pass (the Pass) for the sole use by the nominated Pass Holder of the successful applicant (the Accredited Party) during the 2011 Race Season (collectively called the Events). The Pass is for the sole use of the Pass Holder and cannot be transferred or assigned.
Eagle Raceway at all times retains sole discretion in determining whether or not media accreditation is granted for the Events.
Transfer, assignment or misuse of the Pass is cause for suspension or revocation in Eagle Raceway’s absolute discretion. Eagle Raceway takes no responsibility for, and the Accredited Party agrees to indemnify Eagle Raceway against all liability resulting from, personal injury, death, damage or loss of any kind suffered or sustained by any person using the Pass without the express written permission of Eagle Raceway.
The Pass remains the property of Eagle Raceway and may be withdrawn at anytime. Eagle Raceway reserves the right to refuse any person access to any area at the Events at any time.
The Accredited Party and the Pass Holder acknowledge that the nature of motor racing involves inherent risks and dangers to persons attending the Events, and acknowledge that they have been warned that in attending the Events there is the possibility of an accident causing injury, death or property damage.
The Accredited Party and the Pass Holder agree to waive any rights or claims they may have now or at any time in the future against, and releases from all liability, agrees not to sue and indemnifies Eagle Raceway, the promoters, any particular Team or driver, Slacker Investments Inc, landowners and lessees, and other organizations connected to the Events and their directors, members, officers, employees, agents, representatives and contractors (together the
Associated Bodies) for any personal injury, death, damage or loss of any kind that the Pass Holder may suffer or sustain as a result of and in connection with its presence at the Events or its use of the Pass which is not due to the proven negligence of the Associated Bodies.
The Accredited Party also undertakes to indemnify the Associated Bodies against any claims by a third party for personal injury, death, damage or loss of any kind suffered or sustained by that third party as a result of the proven negligence of the Accredited Party at the Events.
No official timing, results or other data relating to the Events may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or broadcasting means or otherwise without the prior express written permission of Eagle Raceway except for reproduction by local, national or international press in regular publications on sale to the public or accessible on their corresponding authorized Internet sites.
No person shall make or use sound recordings or radio broadcasts and / or take moving pictures images of the Events without the prior express written permission of Eagle Raceway.
Under a Media Pass or a Temporary Media Pass, the Accredited Party and the Pass Holder may take still photographic images solely for customary editorial use in the print media (and their corresponding authorized Internet sites), and will be responsible for obtaining all necessary third party consents, as well as the prior express written permission of Eagle Raceway, for any non-editorial or commercial use of these still photographic images. The Accredited Party and the Pass Holder acknowledges and agrees, and will do all things necessary to ensure, that any intellectual property rights in photographic images taken at the Events will on creation vest in, and remain the property of, Eagle Raceway .
Signed for and on behalf of ______________, Media Organization / Publication / Agency (the "Accredited Party"), by it’s duly authorized officer _______________
Print full name _______________Date _______________
Signed by _______________, Individual "Pass Holder"
Print full name _______________ Date_______________

Gear: 2-1D MkIII's | 5D Gripped | 50D Gripped | Rebel 6.3 | 70-200L F2.8 MkI | 17-40 L F4 | 300mm f2.8L | 28-135 3.5/5.6 IS | Nifty Fifty | Canon 15mm 2.8 Fisheye | (2)Norman 400b | 430 ExII | Some Studio Lighting | Go Pro Hero | Go Pro Hero 2
Web Site www.ba-photos.com (external link)

sponsored links
SpeedHunter
27 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Apr 13, 2011 01:21 |  #2

Brandon Anderson Photos wrote in post #12211007 (external link)
Hey I was wondering what you all thought about this. In order to shoot out at this track they want $50 per event or $200 for the season for the meida pass and then they want you to follow these terms and conditions. I was wondering if any of you would do this or say screw it?

thanks!

2011 MEDIA ACCREDITATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
EAGLE RACEWAY
All media accreditation is issued by Eagle Raceway is subject to acceptance of the following terms and conditions which the Accredited Party and the nominated Pass Holder accept and agree to abide by:
Media accreditation will be issued by Eagle Raceway in the form of either a Media Pass or a Temporary Media Pass (the Pass) for the sole use by the nominated Pass Holder of the successful applicant (the Accredited Party) during the 2011 Race Season (collectively called the Events). The Pass is for the sole use of the Pass Holder and cannot be transferred or assigned.
Eagle Raceway at all times retains sole discretion in determining whether or not media accreditation is granted for the Events.
Transfer, assignment or misuse of the Pass is cause for suspension or revocation in Eagle Raceway’s absolute discretion. Eagle Raceway takes no responsibility for, and the Accredited Party agrees to indemnify Eagle Raceway against all liability resulting from, personal injury, death, damage or loss of any kind suffered or sustained by any person using the Pass without the express written permission of Eagle Raceway.
The Pass remains the property of Eagle Raceway and may be withdrawn at anytime. Eagle Raceway reserves the right to refuse any person access to any area at the Events at any time.
The Accredited Party and the Pass Holder acknowledge that the nature of motor racing involves inherent risks and dangers to persons attending the Events, and acknowledge that they have been warned that in attending the Events there is the possibility of an accident causing injury, death or property damage.
The Accredited Party and the Pass Holder agree to waive any rights or claims they may have now or at any time in the future against, and releases from all liability, agrees not to sue and indemnifies Eagle Raceway, the promoters, any particular Team or driver, Slacker Investments Inc, landowners and lessees, and other organizations connected to the Events and their directors, members, officers, employees, agents, representatives and contractors (together the
Associated Bodies) for any personal injury, death, damage or loss of any kind that the Pass Holder may suffer or sustain as a result of and in connection with its presence at the Events or its use of the Pass which is not due to the proven negligence of the Associated Bodies.
The Accredited Party also undertakes to indemnify the Associated Bodies against any claims by a third party for personal injury, death, damage or loss of any kind suffered or sustained by that third party as a result of the proven negligence of the Accredited Party at the Events.
No official timing, results or other data relating to the Events may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or broadcasting means or otherwise without the prior express written permission of Eagle Raceway except for reproduction by local, national or international press in regular publications on sale to the public or accessible on their corresponding authorized Internet sites.
No person shall make or use sound recordings or radio broadcasts and / or take moving pictures images of the Events without the prior express written permission of Eagle Raceway.
Under a Media Pass or a Temporary Media Pass, the Accredited Party and the Pass Holder may take still photographic images solely for customary editorial use in the print media (and their corresponding authorized Internet sites), and will be responsible for obtaining all necessary third party consents, as well as the prior express written permission of Eagle Raceway, for any non-editorial or commercial use of these still photographic images. The Accredited Party and the Pass Holder acknowledges and agrees, and will do all things necessary to ensure, that any intellectual property rights in photographic images taken at the Events will on creation vest in, and remain the property of, Eagle Raceway .
Signed for and on behalf of ______________, Media Organization / Publication / Agency (the "Accredited Party"), by it’s duly authorized officer _______________
Print full name _______________Date _______________
Signed by _______________, Individual "Pass Holder"
Print full name _______________ Date_______________

A new low point in the wreckage of what's left of the profession of motorsports photography.

Paying to give away the rights to your images.

Shakes head and mutters.

Bosscat
Goldmember
1,892 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Apr 13, 2011 09:52 |  #3

Just another way for them to make a few bucks.

The only thing I will pay for at a racetrack is food, and thats it.

Your camera is alot smarter than the "M" Zealots would have you believe

Brandon ­ Anderson ­ Photos
THREAD ­ STARTER
906 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 13, 2011 11:18 |  #4

what gets me is that they dont say what will get your pass revoked, that my main concern is if I pay it and then the next week they say sorry your not shooting anymore.

Gear: 2-1D MkIII's | 5D Gripped | 50D Gripped | Rebel 6.3 | 70-200L F2.8 MkI | 17-40 L F4 | 300mm f2.8L | 28-135 3.5/5.6 IS | Nifty Fifty | Canon 15mm 2.8 Fisheye | (2)Norman 400b | 430 ExII | Some Studio Lighting | Go Pro Hero | Go Pro Hero 2
Web Site www.ba-photos.com (external link)

Bosscat
Goldmember
1,892 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Apr 13, 2011 14:26 |  #5

I'm guessing from a quick read over that basically if you decide to sell images, they can yank your pass, if you use images in any other way then an editorial stand point you get your pass yanked.

We had 30+media requests for the WoO shows last season, and only 15 got in per night. These days everyone and his brother has a website in regards to motorsports, and many use this to get in for free, sell a few pics and be able to say to friends they were trackside and have a few pics to prove it. This no doubt has led to stricter policies in regards to tracks handing out passes. Plus in some series or at some tracks, the "Official" tog wants to ensure no competition for himself by implementing such measures.

I shot a snowcross series where I was told that if any of my images showed up anywhere other then for the team I was shooting for I would be facing a lawsuit. I felt like pointing out they can't get blood from a stone, since I am flat broke pretty much all the time anyways. That was the last Snowcross I will ever attend. I personally won't even bother with a track that operates like that, as life is too short to pay someone to go to work.

Your camera is alot smarter than the "M" Zealots would have you believe

Bicknell55
347 posts
Gallery: 34 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Apr 13, 2011 22:30 |  #6

I'm not a fan of giving away the rights to your photos.

I 2nd Bosscat's comments about everyone having a motorsports website and feeling they are entitled to credentials. I feel my area is quite oversaturated with photographers which makes it even harder to obtain credentials for events.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem.
http://www.brentsmithp​hotography.com/ (external link)http://brentsmith.smug​mug.com/ (external link)

Jaws17
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Feb 2011

May 04, 2011 12:30 as a reply to  @ Bicknell55's post |  #7

There are many photographers that have been shooting the races for years. They are grandfathered in at many track. If you are new to the party you are probably out of luck.

Just pick the tracks that need and value your services and forget the others.

Tracks and their vendors make good money selling pictures but that money is shrinking, its the way they are trying to increase their revenue again.

Canon 60D , 580EXII, 70-200 F4L.

sponsored links

1,343 views & 0 likes for this thread
Track Media Accreditation Form
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Motorsports Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.