Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 13 Apr 2011 (Wednesday) 21:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Manfrotto joy stick 327 or 234

Tanglefoot47
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Apr 13, 2011 21:20 |  #1

I am wondering if anyone uses one of these and I wonder how good the 234RC2 is. Holds about half the weight and made of light wait material. I am thinking I don't use a tripod that often actually rarely but I may try it on my monopod. Using it on the mono I am leaning towards the smaller head. So anyone use one of these? if so I would like to hear how you like it

Mike

sponsored links
PLLphotography
with the TF
5,131 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 13, 2011 21:26 |  #2

I have the 327rc2 head.

I like the easy one-handed operation. it can take a little getting used to, especially if you are trying to be very precice, but then I can just use two hands to steady myself, and still find it easier than turning knobs.

Phillip - phillipwardphotography​.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Donate to POTN

Tanglefoot47
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Apr 13, 2011 21:38 |  #3

PWard wrote in post #12217762 (external link)
I have the 327rc2 head.

I like the easy one-handed operation. it can take a little getting used to, especially if you are trying to be very precice, but then I can just use two hands to steady myself, and still find it easier than turning knobs.

It's the one I am leaning towards because I found a good deal on one and I am afraid if I get the light weight one I would be disappointed

thank you

SkipD
Cream of the Crop
20,476 posts
Joined Dec 2002

Apr 13, 2011 23:20 |  #4

A few years back, I tried both Manfrotto joystick heads that were available then and disliked both very much. A conventional ball head such as today's Manfrotto 498RC2 would be a far better choice for general-use tripod work in my opinion.

Skip Douglas
A few cameras and over 50 years behind them .....
..... but still learning all the time.

Tanglefoot47
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Apr 14, 2011 00:08 |  #5

SkipD wrote in post #12218469 (external link)
A few years back, I tried both Manfrotto joystick heads that were available then and disliked both very much. A conventional ball head such as today's Manfrotto 498RC2 would be a far better choice for general-use tripod work in my opinion.

I had the old style and like it very much and I hear the new style is much better I hope so as I just ordered the 327

klr.b
Goldmember
2,509 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 14, 2011 00:57 |  #6

I've played with the 327RC2. I think it'd be good if you need to recompose quickly. If you needed to make a lot of changes, I think you'd get quite a workout. Also, it seemed backwards for me. I'd prefer to use my left hand to control the joystick. I'm not sure it could hold a good load, either.

gordon
Gear and Feedback

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,131 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 14, 2011 06:28 |  #7

you can switch it from left to right-handed use by removing the a couple of screws and mounting the quick-release on the other side.

Phillip - phillipwardphotography​.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Donate to POTN

MR ­ do ­ little
Goldmember
2,399 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Apr 14, 2011 06:42 |  #8
bannedPermanent ban

I never warmed up to the joystick heads, maybe it's because i have a wife ?

Regards
Paul L.

sponsored links

978 views & 0 likes for this thread
Manfrotto joy stick 327 or 234
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.