Sometimes I get a funy color cast in my pictures when using my lights. Since I have a BXRi kit with 2 strobes, I checked in the Elinchrom thread and it looks like most of you use the X-Rite ColorChecker Passport. So I have a few questions:
1) Why is the ColorChecker so expensive !!
2) Why do you need all of those colors and shades of gray? Isn't 18% gray all I need?
3) If I set up my lights and shoot the ColorChecker, do I then simply apply the same correction from that shot to all of my images from that lighting set-up?
4) If I change my lighting in any way (intensity, arrangement of lights, modifiers) do I need to shoot the ColorChecker again?
5) Can't I get the same white balance correction using a less expensive 18% gray card that I can get from B&H for less than $10?
6) How often do those of you with the ColorChecker actually use all of those colors, and can you give some examples of how you used them?