Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 19 Apr 2011 (Tuesday) 14:58
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5D now or wait?

Ross_Curtis
184 posts
Joined May 2006

Apr 19, 2011 14:58 |  #1

Camera prices seem to have risen lately and 5D prices are rock solid, even 2 yr old high shutter count examples are only £300 under new prices, which to me doesn't make sense.

With the announcement of the 5D III getting closer is now a bad time to consider a 5D.

Thanks.

6D | 24L II | 50MP | 85L II | 200L II | 16-35L F4 IS | Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 | Markings Q10 |

sponsored links
borism
Goldmember
3,415 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 19, 2011 15:02 |  #2

My thinking is, If you need it now, well you need it now, if you don't you don't

The 5D IMO will come down in price but very slowly, it all depends on how much the 5D3 will cost.
The 5Dc is still a very well regarded camera and the only FF body under 2000$ today
I wont expect a 5D2 costing 1500$ the next day or a nice 5Dc costing 600$ any time soon
Just my humble opinion

CANON 6D - SONY A6000

ed ­ from ­ pa
299 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Apr 19, 2011 15:28 as a reply to  @ borism's post |  #3

If you wait too long it will cost twice as much as they are now. If you can locate a good one, in decent condition.

nepali
969 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 19, 2011 15:30 |  #4

Ross_Curtis wrote in post #12254329 (external link)
Camera prices seem to have risen lately and 5D prices are rock solid, even 2 yr old high shutter count examples are only £300 under new prices, which to me doesn't make sense.

With the announcement of the 5D III getting closer is now a bad time to consider a 5D.

Thanks.

Simple answer to this would be: "Do you need it now? If so, go for it...if not, wait!" ;)

[Current Gears: Fuji X-T3 | Fuji XF 23mm ƒ/1.4 | Fuji XF 56mm ƒ/1.2 | YN-560 III]
[Past Gears: 7D | Sigma 30 ƒ/1.4 | Canon 85 ƒ/1.8 | 430EX ]
[Feedbacks: #1, #2]

TheBrick3
Goldmember
2,094 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Apr 19, 2011 15:37 as a reply to  @ nepali's post |  #5

The 1Ds still runs a $1,000. I don't think you'll see 5D prices come down much more.

1D III 5D II 5D | 580 EX II x 2
17-40L | 35L | 100L | 70-200 II | 17-35 f/2.8-f/4
Website (external link)

reprazent
Goldmember
1,045 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 19, 2011 17:04 |  #6

I have this feeling that the OP means the 5d2?

The price of a (used) 5d2 will drop 200-300 easily when the 5d3 is announced/released.
The price of the 5d classic however will probably not go down any further.

gearlist | flickr (external link)

sponsored links

639 views & 0 likes for this thread
5D now or wait?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.