Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 19 Apr 2011 (Tuesday) 23:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How much $ have you spend on your camera, lens, gears, accessories, etc...

Tareq
"I am very lazy, a normal consumer"
17,837 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2006

Jun 15, 2012 04:31 |  #481

JoshuaaT wrote in post #14582059 (external link)
Is this just a hobby for you? It says you are a civil engineer on your Facebook. :shock:

Yes, it is just a hobby for me, and i even returned back to my old job as a civil engineer as i couldn't start a business or become a pro with photography, and i am planning to spend more on photography in the future, but until that time, i am now just stopping photography until i can manage my life and have enough budget again for many things including photography.

Being a civil engineer doesn't mean that i am rich or have very high budget, i am still very sad that i have low salary in my area town here although i am a civil engineer.

Galleries:
http://hamrani.deviant​art.com/gallery/ (external link)
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
Madweasel
Cream of the Crop
6,223 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jun 15, 2012 17:47 |  #482

BroX wrote in post #14569634 (external link)
...I can not make up my mind which of the two would suite me best so so far I'm safe.

That didn't work for me. I also couldn't decide so I bought both!

Mark.

kawi_200
Goldmember
1,411 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jun 15, 2012 23:07 |  #483

Tareq wrote in post #14582067 (external link)
Yes, it is just a hobby for me, and i even returned back to my old job as a civil engineer as i couldn't start a business or become a pro with photography, and i am planning to spend more on photography in the future, but until that time, i am now just stopping photography until i can manage my life and have enough budget again for many things including photography.

Being a civil engineer doesn't mean that i am rich or have very high budget, i am still very sad that i have low salary in my area town here although i am a civil engineer.

You have $100k in toys and plan on spending more.... You are rich compared to a lot of people. Hell I'm "rich" compared to a lot of people because I can afford to pay cash for the hobby items I want. Yeah I need to save before buying, or take out a loan, but still... Not too many people spend $15k on photography and don't even blink.

5D4 | 8-15L | 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | 24L II | 40mm pancake | 100L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS mk2 | 400mm f/4 DO IS

Tareq
"I am very lazy, a normal consumer"
17,837 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2006

Jun 15, 2012 23:20 |  #484

kawi_200 wrote in post #14586171 (external link)
You have $100k in toys and plan on spending more.... You are rich compared to a lot of people. Hell I'm "rich" compared to a lot of people because I can afford to pay cash for the hobby items I want. Yeah I need to save before buying, or take out a loan, but still... Not too many people spend $15k on photography and don't even blink.

I completely understand, Thanks to GOD first, then thanks to parents as they saved me a bit, dad bought me a car and getting married by his money, so the money i've got from work i can spend most of it on toys, and it took me few years to collect not in one year, it wasn't easy, but i didn't find another way to feel happy than to collect more gear, even travel is not easy for me if i want to, and here in my area nothing fun to spend on, so photography was like a savior for me, i did say in the beginning of me on this site that i spend a lot on photography just to feel happy or fun, my wife and kids and parents don't know what making me happy at all and they never try to understand or making me that, so i do it by myself, and if i live in USA with that budget, then i will spend it on going around to shoot with maybe less gear than you or most here.

Galleries:
http://hamrani.deviant​art.com/gallery/ (external link)
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

Wheeeee
87 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2011

Jun 16, 2012 05:30 |  #485

Just started this hobby two years ago. I stopped counting last year. :)

C. Ocampo
Canon 60D gripped

BroX
44 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jun 16, 2012 16:17 |  #486

Madweasel wrote in post #14584987 (external link)
That didn't work for me. I also couldn't decide so I bought both!

Don't put these bad ideas in my head ;)

40D · 11-16mm f/2.8 · 17-50mm f/2.8 · 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II · 430EX II · 055XPROB/488RC2
flickr (external link)

_Steven89
107 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jun 17, 2012 00:24 |  #487

Wheeeee wrote in post #14586870 (external link)
Just started this hobby two years ago. I stopped counting last year. :)

haha i hear that man!! :lol:

Gojira1976
940 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jun 17, 2012 00:46 |  #488
bannedPermanent ban

$3k or so plus saving for more, however, I am budget wise on nearly everything else, cars, one, a Toyota Corolla, house is my castle 1600$ plus stuff, two kids, 1 wife, two digs and a cat, occasional starbuckets ice coffe black one add shot less than 2$ like 3 times a week at most, no drugs, no smokes, but some occasion French wine. I have very little vices and I wear lots off affliction shirts but I owe two cheap jeans and a few slacks, so my -+ $50 Affliction shirt affliction afflicts me very little I think? I usually do my own lawn and other home repairs, or I call a pro when needed :) I don't drive aimlessly unless on vacation so I save my gas conservatively. my wife is a coupon queen and deals maven and she taught me frugality even more! I drink bottled Costco water or those waters that cost 25 cents a gallon only because I hate chlorine tastes. I don't gamble very much, however I have a huge appetite for sashimi that sets my budget back 125$ for four of us a few times a month or less at times. I don't eat too much junk food especially sugars. we shop at Wallermart occasionally for stuff but I am keen on those specialty stores, sadly :(. I am not sure but our family budget is very anemic and we are doing fine each month, thank work! in the end I don't break the bank ever, and most of my camera stuff has been from trading up after selling older stuff, therefore I did not depend on the family budget very much. I eat oatmeal, bread with banan for my sweet tooth, and we do homemade a bit more than not, plus my Lao mother on law sends us ethnic foods a lot! well that's all I can I phone type xD

AMERICO

sponsored links

49,006 views & 0 likes for this thread
How much $ have you spend on your camera, lens, gears, accessories, etc...
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.